Sick looking plants

MGD420

I transplanted my plants on Sunday night (GMT Time) from small fabric pots to their hempy buckets and plants looked fine all day yesterday and last night but today when I checked on my plants they look droopy.

I changed their nutes from canna A + B to Advanced nutrients - pH perfect Grow, bloom and micro.

I did water the hempys until I had about 20% run off after transplanting them and haven't fed them since as the coco still has moisture in it, I'm now thinking I should have just watered as normal for the first few days and upped the amount over time to eventually create run off in the hempy.

I'm thinking the plants are overwatered but what do I know as I'm new to all of this and have never grown before.

What should I do to get my girls back to being nice and healthy.

20210119_130135.jpg

20210119_130130.jpg

20210119_130121.jpg

coco can be used for hempy but i don't recommend. coco likes to dry out top to bottom to work best, the res in hempy can be problematic in some coco hempy grows. it wicks more than perlite, putting your plant in to an over water situation.

let the bucket dry out between feedings. everything looks ok otherwise.

coco can be used for hempy but i don't recommend. coco likes to dry out top to bottom to work best, the res in hempy can be problematic in some coco hempy grows. it wicks more than perlite, putting your plant in to an over water situation.

let the bucket dry out between feedings. everything looks ok otherwise.

Ok thanks. Would you say by the looks of things this is definitely an over watered plant, the leaves feel a little dryer than the other two plants which I'm guessing shouldn't with being overwatered.

the leaves get fat and droopy when overwatered. sometimes gets a little twist.

they could just be working through a little transplant shock as well. hempy doesn't normally get crappy at the up pot. mine don't even notice and rarely get any droop at all.

i'm running straight hempy perlite. you might want to have a look at my journal. i would also look at a couple coco journals. the two approaches are not that far off from each other. you can grow a larger plant in a smaller bucket in a proper hempy though. i mostly use 2L buckets. that's a half gallon in US.

these are in 2L buckets

full

a 5L bucket in hempy supports as much a 5 gal soil grow bucket. plan accordingly.

how big are your buckets ? if you transplanted from a cup in to a five gal bucket those things will take forever to hook up. hempy plants take off when the roots reach the res. your plants may actually have been stranded a bit high up from it.

if they don't perk up on their own, i'd keep to a regular hempy feed schedule. at this point it's feed every second or third day, with runoff hitting 10% of total.

the leaves get fat and droopy when overwatered. sometimes gets a little twist.

they could just be working through a little transplant shock as well. hempy doesn't normally get crappy at the up pot. mine don't even notice and rarely get any droop at all.

i'm running straight hempy perlite. you might want to have a look at my journal. i would also look at a couple coco journals. the two approaches are not that far off from each other. you can grow a larger plant in a smaller bucket in a proper hempy though. i mostly use 2L buckets. that's a half gallon in US.

these are in 2L buckets

full

a 5L bucket in hempy supports as much a 5 gal soil grow bucket. plan accordingly.

Thanks i was thinking of doing one of the plants in just perlite but ended up using the coco, I also looked at vermiculite and perlite. Might go this route for my next grow but obviously need to get this grow under control first. The hempy buckets I have are 20L (4.399) imperial gallons.
I'll take a look at your journal later once I'm back from work.

Thanks for the help it's appreciated

those buckets are huge. the plant is probably looking for water not being overwatered.

you can get a 10 ft plant four to 5 feet across in that bucket before done. of course you can flip them sooner. but they'll try to use as much of the bucket as they can. 7 - 10L is pretty well max for an indoor grow. unless you have a greenhouse.

hempy uses the smallest buckets of any system for a reason.

how big are your buckets ? if you transplanted from a cup in to a five gal bucket those things will take forever to hook up. hempy plants take off when the roots reach the res. your plants may actually have been stranded a bit high up from it.

if they don't perk up on their own, i'd keep to a regular hempy feed schedule. at this point it's feed every second or third day, with runoff hitting 10% of total.

Thank you.

The buckets are 4.399 imperial gallons / 20L

Yea the buckets are quite big in all fairness.
From where the plants roots go to during transplant there is about another 7 to 8 inches of coco/perlite before it hits the res at the bottom.

if you're gonna run a bucket that large with coco, get cloth bags, re-pot, and go forward as a straight coco grow. the plants will do much better. otherwise drill more holes, including the bottom, and run it as a hard sided coco grow. from that point on you are on daily feeds.

as an aside i don't know why anyone would run a coco hempy. i run straight perlite. the cost to use coco for one grow would keep my hempy grow going for three years. i bought a $30 bale of perlite 3 yrs ago and just opened the second one for my clone run now.

those buckets are huge. the plant is probably looking for water not being overwatered.

you can get a 10 ft plant four to 5 feet across in that bucket before done. of course you can flip them sooner. but they'll try to use as much of the bucket as they can. 7 - 10L is pretty well max for an indoor grow. unless you have a greenhouse.

Thanks for the reply.

This also crossed my mind when I mentioned in a previous reply that the leaves were feeling dryer than the other 2 plants.
I've fed the plants some more and will check on them once I'm home from work and update on how they're looking. Think I might also buy a dehumidifier this weekend as the humidity i can see being a problem later on.

as an aside i don't know why anyone would run a coco hempy. i run straight perlite. the cost to use coco for one grow would keep my hempy grow going for three years. i bought a $30 bale of perlite 3 yrs ago and just opened the second one for my clone run now.

Again new to growing so don't have that much experience and not that clued up but I guess learn from the mistakes going forward.

Thanks for the reply.

This also crossed my mind when I mentioned in a previous reply that the leaves were feeling dryer than the other 2 plants.
I've fed the plants some more and will check on them once I'm home from work and update on how they're looking. Think I might also buy a dehumidifier this weekend as the humidity i can see being a problem later on.

always feed to the 10% runoff and let them be. it's hard to drown a hempy, but you are running a pile of media in contact with a res, so throws all bets in to question.

should really only have reason to feed every second to third day. there is no hope of that res going dry in the meantime. make sure to have a good look at a couple hempy journals. coco as well, you're kind of in the middle. you might want to switch it up.

Again new to growing so don't have that much experience and not that clued up but I guess learn from the mistakes going forward.
it's why we're here. learn from others to shorten your learning curve.

I just read elsewhere 5 gallon so went with it. Never thought about metric or imperial measurements either, only adds to the confusion with being a new grower.

The plants aren't photo's they're auto's

I'll try get some 7 - 10L buckets over the weekend.

you're off to great start. might have to tweak a couple things but you'll get there.

always feed to the 10% runoff and let them be. it's hard to drown a hempy, but you are running a pile of media in contact with a res, so throws all bets in to question.

should really only have reason to feed every second to third day. there is no hope of that res going dry in the meantime. make sure to have a good look at a couple hempy journals. coco as well, you're kind of in the middle. you might want to switch it up.

At the bottom of the bucket there is hydrocorn and then a layer of perlite that the coco is sitting on top of.

Switch it up ?

Thanks for the help and advice, I appreciate it.

I just read elsewhere 5 gallon so went with it. Never thought about metric or imperial measurements either, only adds to the confusion with being a new grower.

The plants aren't photo's they're auto's

I'll try get some 7 - 10L buckets over the weekend.

the original hempy method is for 2L pop bottles. it's about using what is cheap and available.

the bigger buckets started coming in to play as growers realized they could grow gigantic plants in small containers. they started trying to push it further and further.

20L buckets are insane overkill for an indoor hempy size. the plants will be far happier and mature sooner in a smaller bucket.. i dunno where you got 20L recommended but they are clearly out to lunch. it will take a half year to veg them in that size. lol

Back
Top Bottom