HerbsNBuds' First Cloning Experiment!

Switched lighting yesterday to 24 hours on. I want to get the most growth out of them before they go into the flower room. I will switch to 18/6 for 3 days then bring em into the flower room. Has worked in the past for a quick gender determination. I don't like the 24-48 hrs dark that some people do because I believe this stresses the plant and you lose a couple days of energy for flower. But what do I know. I just grow em and smoke em.

The Afghani (left) and the Aurora Indica (right) both in soil/perlite mix...
IMG00505-20100904-1243.jpg

The drip system. Both clones doing quite well in perlite only...
IMG00501-20100904-0239.jpg

Bag Seed clone...
IMG00496-20100904-0239.jpg

AK-47 clone...
IMG00497-20100904-0239.jpg

Aurora Indica in hybrid soil hydro and thriving...
IMG00500-20100904-0239.jpg

Other 2 clones... screwed up and lost track of which is which in this case. I think the one on the left is the AK-47 but won't know for sure until I can smell em...
IMG00504-20100904-1243.jpg

Seeds came in and this is what I've started to germ...

10 Purple Power... 5 Afghani... and 2 Lemon Skunk.

I'm still waiting on the 10 Super Silver Haze of which 8 will go into this setup and the other 2 over to a different closet setup which started as the Cabinet Grow journal but now will probably be changed to a different journal with a new title since its no longer in a cabinet... hehe

Not sure if I just want to condense all 3 grows into 1 journal or break it up by location. I'll leave it to you guys to decide.

But here's the seeds in the Rapid Rooter... They are in a separate closet in total darkness. Once a sprout breaks the surface, it will be transferred to the 24 hr closet.

IMG00533-20100908-1333.jpg

Topped the soil grown AI today and transplanted both it and the Afghani into their final containers. They will die in these containers... hahahaha

IMG00536-20100908-2054.jpg

IMG00537-20100908-2055.jpg

As you can see the clone setup is gone. I was only able to clone 4 of the 11 cuttings successfully but it was my first time. Next time I'll leave more foliage.

Sprouts discovered today after only 30 hours of being put into the rapid rooters, 3 seeds have sprouted. 2 Afghani and 1 Lemon Skunk. They were pulled from their rooters and planted directly in the soil. I don't like the rooters for root growth, not even for clones. Just a better medium than a paper towel for germ. No signs of Purple Power yet though. I'm hoping they will give me a high germ ratio.

sprouts7.jpg

Tranplanted into the red Solo cups with about a 70/30 mix of soil/perlite...
veg-room1.jpg

The root systems have formed major branches in the reservoir and has turned into a DWC. I will try to maintain the balance for this but may change into either a wick system, or an Ebb and Flo. We shall see how the plants react to being constantly fed with diluted nute solution.

Roots on #2 bag seed
roots-_2.jpg

Roots on #3 bag seed...
roots-_3.jpg

Update...

Super Silver Haze seeds arrived today. I'm excited to get them going. Also have 3 more sprouts, 2 of Purple Power and 1 more Afghani. More seeds have cracked but have not peeked their heads out yet. I'm hoping the SSH will give me a nice ratio of seed to sprout. Only 1 way to find out. :morenutes:

I'm kind of getting a bit nervous as I now have 15 actual plants, 21 more seeds and not enough space or lights to accommodate all of em. May need to split em up into 2 separate veg rooms. Hope this is not the case. I like the temps in the room I have for veg, nice and warm with high humidity. The flower room has RH of less than 10% and is always 10 degrees cooler than the veg room which is ideal for flower so I hope I don't have to move em.

This is the end of the cloning experiment and has had negative results on my end. All of the clones seem to be alive but not necessarily well. They are growing at a very slow rate due to the lack of nutes for veg I feel. I'm thinking of boosting the nutes in the setup for flower but will no longer be posting on this one. Its just too time consuming without progress.

Please follow one of my other grows listed in my sig. Peace out!

Clones have done something strange. They went to the flower room where they were initially cut and all of a sudden they are growing like a weed. I'm not sure if its the HPS or that they never left the flowering stage and as soon as they detected their flowering environme
clones63.jpg
nt, started to grow. Strange and I never expected them to be more than just a tiny little plant stuck in limbo. Who knew?

Back
Top Bottom