Hermie in my tent

Todd gunter

I found a herm in my tent and I was wondering if it did pollinate a few buds or plants will those plants mature faster than if they had not been pollinated?

The seed will have a hermi trait passed on, and will not be much good, will look like good seeds but that trait will always rear its,ugly head.... Sorry to hear you had hermies, sucks when you put in the effort.

they would stop maturing as you would expect and begin producing seeds with it's energy instead of secreting thc filled resins
Right, so do I need to keep an eye on my trichomes early? It’s a “ supposed to be a 10 week flower” and I’m finishing week 6 and I see lots of orange in my hairs.

Yes,the trichomes are the positive gauge of "ripeness"
If only a few buds on the plant are pollinated,it won't affect the flowering time-even the pollinated buds will keep producing new pistils,and keep on growing-the seeds will still be there,but by harvest time they'll be buried in the buds.
On my current (little)plant,I pollinated a bud very early in flowering,so that little section on the bud will have some seeds-but the bud growth above the pollinated section won't have seeds,and it grows just like the rest of the buds.
I put a little wire tie around the pollinated branch so I could find it at harvest time,because a week after pollination,it looks and grows just like the un-pollinated ones.
Even the seed pods are covered in trichomes,so a seeded bud is not a total loss-just clean the seeds out,and get to smokin'

Back
Top Bottom