robinray649

420 Member
New and just wanted to say hi and look forward to this forum:thumb:

Decided to add a little about myself, I live in the Tulsa area and am older than the hills. Not married and kids are all grown. Glad to have found this site as I will have some questions.

New and just wanted to say hi and look forward to this forum:thumb:

Decided to add a little about myself, I live in the Tulsa area and am older than the hills. Not married and kids are all grown. Glad to have found this site as I will have some questions.

HI and welcome to :420:

I see you already met 2 of our members :)

What's up Robin, questions is what we to best around here. You'll find all the answers you need. What's the focus of you queries? Is there a grow getting planned.... :welcome: to :420:

KIG :green_heart:cheers

Right now I seem to be having a problem with leaves on seedling curling up like a taco. Don't know the kind of seed as it was one of my youngest sons. Get it sprouted and up about 3 nodes but almost immediately the leaves started to curl up. I am using Miracle Grow potting mix which I have used before without a problem. I checked the ph which was 6.3. Using cfl as lighting. The potting mix already has the fertilizer in it so I haven't added anything and water by meter when getting dry. I have tried moving the lights, watering less, then more and nothing. I am really open to suggestions. I ordered the 10 variety pack but didn't want to plant them until I had the leaf curt thing ironed out. Thanks ahead and I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

Sounds like heat stress to me. Pictures will help:thumb:
But if the lights are not too close then it's likely the ambient temps being too high. The tacoing/canoing of the leaves is to dissipate heat within the leaf it's from excess heat. Do you have a thermometer in the grow space?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ok, I have loaded up some pictures for review. I thought heat also but I have raised the lights several times with no results. The bulbs themselves put out very little heat. You can hold them without being burned. The pictures are in Cannabis Plants. This is first time for all of this so bare with me. The title is Robins for the caption. There is really not much heat but I don't know what else the problem could be. I am using Miracle Grow potting mix that already has the fertilizer in it. I keep track of watering using a calendar about once every 2 to 3 days. Thanks for all help
robins_plants_003.JPG

MG is not a very good medium for cannabis. It slowly releases nutrients over time and causes loads of problems.. for example i had a nitrogen problem it literally burned my plants to death. I have had a successful grow with it but id stay away so you keep any kind of problems to a minimum and plus its better if you have full control of the nutes then the plant can tell you what it needs and feed it when it asks so to speak. Seems like a heat problem. Do you have any kind of intake and outtake? I dont see any in the picture thats why i am asking if you aint got them that is why youre struggling with temps. Good luck dude and happy growing!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sounds like heat stress to me. Pictures will help:thumb:
But if the lights are not too close then it's likely the ambient temps being too high. The tacoing/canoing of the leaves is to dissipate heat within the leaf it's from excess heat. Do you have a thermometer in the grow space?

Follow up on leaf curling. I do have a temp gauge and the temp is 85 and rh is 65. I still haven't figured out the problem.

Temp is fine, it isn't jumping right?
Have you checked the soil? I mean in the bottom of the pot. It might not drain properly.

I have read many times a bout the soil you have. Most growers vote against it.

Seems like they're dried up completely. Are they crisp or still soft? Do you have fresh air going in? Doesn't look like a soil problem, does the plant's roots go down the side of the pot. Or is that an optical illusion... I still say environment and not plant related issue.

Seems like they're dried up completely. Are they crisp or still soft? Do you have fresh air going in? Doesn't look like a soil problem, does the plant's roots go down the side of the pot. Or is that an optical illusion... I still say environment and not plant related issue.

The plant is still soft. It has a new set of leaves but they still keep curling up. I transplanted to a larger container so I will take more pictures. Very frustrating for me. I got my seeds but hesitate to do anything until I can figure out the curling thing. Also when I transplanted I used plain potting soil instead of the MG. Waiting to see what happens. Thanks for the help

I'm at a loss for ideas, sorry Robin... Have you tried posting in the FAQ, there's some lurkers there just waiting to pounce on a question. Good idea to hold off on the new seeds until you've gotten things squared up. Good luck, sorry I couldn't pinpoint your issue.

Back
Top Bottom