Higher-Grade Marijuana Turning Up In Area, Officials Say

420 Warrior

High-grade marijuana is quickly becoming the popular drug among area users, law enforcement officials say.

Within the last six months to a year, drug investigators with the Buffalo County Sheriff's Office, the Kearney Police Department and the Nebraska State Patrol have seen an increase in the quality of marijuana.

Known as kind bud, KB, medical or hydro, the higher THC content makes the drug a higher grade. THC is the main ingredient in marijuana.

"Seventy-five percent of the complaints I receive are about people dealing pot," said Gabe Kowalek, a KPD investigator. "It's always been the most frequently used drug in our area."

Police investigations show much of the high-grade marijuana in the Kearney area is coming from Colorado, where the drug is legal for medical purposes. In many instances, people who have medical cards to legally purchase the high-quality drug in Colorado are selling it illegally.

"This isn't just happening in our area," Kowalek said. "It's happening everywhere."

Some of the marijuana purchased by police informants in a recent drug sting was the high-grade marijuana.

High-grade marijuana costs $100 to $120 for 1/4 ounce, while the lesser quality -- known as "schwag" -- costs $25 for 1/4 ounce.

Although marijuana remains the most frequently used drug in south-central Nebraska, police also investigate many cases of possession and distribution of meth and prescription drugs.

Kowalek encouraged anyone who suspects illegal drug activity to report it to law enforcement immediately.

life-is-full-of-tasty-choices.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: The Kearney Hub
Author: Kim Schmidt
Copyright: 2012 Kearney Hub Publishing Company

YEP lets make everybody law enforcement! they always want us to do their job.

what a load of crap, higher grades of pot have been around for ever, more and more people are growing much higher quality bud at home to help offset obamanomics...the police are still idiots. and obama is a big liar sack of dung...he acted lik ehe was going to help but noooo, now the feds are busting medical centers all over the country, what a scam, obama cannot be trusted

I get so tired of the lack of intelligence and knowledge of our law inforcement;
Here in Ca 120 plants has a value of 1 million us.
Half were clones quarter in veg and 20 iin blooom.
Oh yes "High-grade marijuana is quickly becoming the popular drug "
Hell I was growing OG and Acapolco Gold back in the 50's. (I am 72 now)
They proly only been expossed to mexican grown harvested and bailed like Hay.
Enough forget this old man was here.
Keep the faith

I get so tired of the lack of intelligence and knowledge of our law inforcement;
Here in Ca 120 plants has a value of 1 million us.
Half were clones quarter in veg and 20 iin blooom.
Oh yes "High-grade marijuana is quickly becoming the popular drug "
Hell I was growing OG and Acapolco Gold back in the 50's. (I am 72 now)
They proly only been expossed to mexican grown harvested and bailed like Hay.
Enough forget this old man was here.
Keep the faith

Hi Newfriend! I am an elder user also! If I had known I would be on the stuff at my age I would have paid closer attention in the 'good ole days'. I am really new at all of this, but it is legal in Michigan, where I live. Welcome and stay in touch! I will need lots of pointers! :allgood:

"High-grade marijuana is quickly becoming the popular drug among area users, law enforcement officials say."
That's funny as hell. becoming popular? i don't know about you guy's, but i have always seeked out the best!
a few reasons for the difference- used to be they only tested the "schwag" mexican crap! and they tested the entire plant stems seeds leaves roots everything. of course its going to show lower levels of thc.
incredible strains have been around forever, just more available now than ever before. Thank You WWW
i bought my first seeds in 1980 from the seed bank, absolute killer weed!

Hell I started *High School* in 1976 and I wish I could find some of the bud`s I a was able to find back then. Yes here was ALOT of brown nasty every where. But some of the sensi buds, maybe they were in it to produce quaility a00nd not quantity or max nugget contant or weight for profit. Yes you have to brake even, but the best quiality was important. More so then the bottem line, they wanted to grow KILLER shit to enjoy not get rich. We found alot of buds that I would die for and yes there are alot of great strains now. But may be tolerance issues but I have not had the shit knocked out of me from a single bong hit in dam near 20 years. I have been an outside grower for 25 years ,the last 9 serious about getting the most out of each plant. If that means lower yields and more time in ground so be it. I want to fall into a coma after a bong hit. If that means one nugget per plant so be it. I`ll grow 100 plants every 4month. :thumb:

Love Your attitude! try BLZ Bud. Couch lock your ass for a bit!
think its seedism. i have one blz and one cheese (orig clone brought from amsterdam over a decade ago) both kick my ass and taste/smell awesome. planning to reverse and cross the two. also 2 varieties i have crossed over the years. kind of strange very bushy and real small leaves. (only about 1 1/2 inches long on 20" tall plants) rock hard nugs. hoping to have beans availabe to share eventually.:peace:

Hell I started *High School* in 1976 and I wish I could find some of the bud`s I a was able to find back then. Yes here was ALOT of brown nasty every where. But some of the sensi buds, maybe they were in it to produce quaility and not quantity or max nugget contant or weight for profit. Yes you have to brake even, but the best quiality was important. More so then the bottem line, they wanted to grow KILLER shit to enjoy not get rich. Thats how it was, I would buy 1/8-1/4lbs. and sell to 3people. That was so I could get my sack for free. We found alot of buds that I would die for and yes there are alot of great strains now. But may be tolerance issues but I have not had the shit knocked out of me from a single bong hit in dam near 20 years. I have had some REALLY good shit but nothing that will "CRIPPLE"!! I have been an outside grower for 25 years ,the last 9 serious about getting the most out of each plant. If that means lower yields and more time in ground so be it. I want to fall into a coma after a bong hit. If that means one nugget per plant so be it. I`ll grow 100 plants every 4month. :thumb:
Check out some of the seed dealers man. The buds that are produced today blow even the strongest stuff on earth back in the 70's. It was around 6-10% THC max back then and their are strains hitting over 20%THC today. I think maybe you are one of those lifers with a huge tolerance. I have some white widow that sedate your a$$ after one bong hit, I can assure you. Try this, search for the best bud on earth by sampling every known specie available in the seed stores. When you find it send all of us a heads up and we will have spark across the globe...lol... This means that each and every one of us will spark up a Marley at 420PM eastern standard time and the first one to become one with their couch has to announce publicly and officially that they are the epitome of light weight herb toker.:peace:

Check out some of the seed dealers man. The buds that are produced today blow even the strongest stuff on earth back in the 70's. It was around 6-10% THC max back then and their are strains hitting over 20%THC today. I think maybe you are one of those lifers with a huge tolerance. I have some white widow that sedate your a$$ after one bong hit, I can assure you. Try this, search for the best bud on earth by sampling every known specie available in the seed stores. When you find it send all of us a heads up and we will have spark across the globe...lol... This means that each and every one of us will spark up a Marley at 420PM eastern standard time and the first one to become one with their couch has to announce publicly and officially that they are the epitome of light weight herb toker.:peace:

High grade has been around forever! was just a lot harder to find back then. african black sheba, or thai stick, monkey paw and some of the hawaiian strains available in the 70's. not to mention jamaican red bud. all were teriffic high grade smoke.
if you tested your 20% weed the way they tested in the 70's it too would only test 6-10% BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA created by the people against natures miracle plant. also what they were testing was the crappy brown seedy shit coming accross the border from mexico
personally i have tried several varieties of white widdow none of which did much for me. but my tolerances are incredibly high.
my moms best friend in birmingham mi in the 70's had a variety she grew in her basement reffered to as birmingham rainbow was known to cause religious experiences, smoking it one time caused my mother to quit smoking weed forever, she got tooooo high! and she was a regular smoker.
so don't believe what you hear in the media, they are controlled by the enimy!

:peace::peace::peace:

They didn't do proper tests back in the 60ties or 70ties. Most people didn't even know what THC was. High grade smoke was around then and was IBL. Most of those genes was lost due to cross breeding. Kind bud..lol...Word given by smokers who don't know what the f**k they are smoking to jack up the price. What's pure today? Breeders are making popular name strains and they are not even the orig. genes. A lot this is because growers have gone inside to grow because of the so called "War On Drugs". Those orig. (if around today)haze strain we got in the 60ties and 70ties are very hard to grow and has a long flowering time. Short flowering= more $$$$ Yes i am a old smoker and grew and smoked a lot of the top strains today. But please don't tell me they didn't have high grade strains equal or better then today.

:amen:
Flip

Well said Flip, these younguns today, they just don't know!

Gentlepersons,

Read the thread with interest. Sounds like educated growers from a wide experience base (read, age group)...

What we need more than anything is to come together and get our beloved plant legalized.

The time of sitting back and caring only that we didn't get busted today is over. We need to get active. One way of doing this is to start talking about it out loud...OUT LOUD. People need to start hearing it being discussed by people of all walks of life.

Start by asking yourself if you are a criminal. If you are, then best to back away from the movement. But if your only crime is the violation of these unjust, immoral marijuana prohibition laws...then batter up!

We start by choosing this issue, and this issue alone. Get active by using the power of your vote. If the candidate is anti-herb, then he is automatically rejected as a viable choice for your vote.

We start by contributing to any cause, in ANY amount, that promotes cannabis. Money is the most powerful tool YOU have at your disposal. Even if it's $10, hell, $5...ANYTHING.

There are things we can all do to change this crap...and make this American dream come true. I fully believe that working together, TRULY working together, this dream can become a reality.

I'm 57 years old and I've lived with this for 40 years...I'm tired of living under this oppression. I don't want my children or my grandchildren or any of your children to grow up under this repression.

It's time to forget everything...race, creed, color...join arms with brothers and sisters who think like we do...and let's get on with the dream of changing our world for the better!

Remember!

Step 1 - VOTE with this sole issue in mind

Step 2 - Use the power of the American dollar

Let's get on with this! Onward now! Toward the light!

I like the white widow, one of my favorites grew it a couple of times and let mine go to over 100 days flowering. Super lemon haze is also potent and a very good high one of the highest thc % out there, with a some good cbd % for a sativa.
Lets post some old and new strains we like and have a open mind. And we may all learn something new and wonderfull.

:allgood:
Flip

I like the white widow, one of my favorites grew it a couple of times and let mine go to over 100 days flowering. Super lemon haze is also potent and a very good high one of the highest thc % out there, with a some good cbd % for a sativa.
Lets post some old and new strains we like and have a open mind. And we may all learn something new and wonderfull.

:allgood:
Flip

I think the super lemon is my next venture. Nirvana has been real good to me as far as providing some great products for my gardens. I love white widow and back in the day I loved columbian gold and thai stick as well. I tried the diesel strains and man they are great tasting. The White Widow has been the precursor to many popular songs that we have produced in the studio lol. It is so cerebral and an incredible "creative idea" strain if you know what I mean.

personally, blz bud headband, the diesels og's and chese are my faves. mostly need pain relief and slow the manic side down. love the taste of the ww but it doesn't kick it for me, i know i'm wierd, everyone i know loves it!
presently in garden 1 original cheese clone brought from holland over a decade ago, strange looking plant, smoke feels like you could drown on it, taste is hard to describe other than somewhat piney/skunky total couch lock. damn i'm falling in love all over again! also have a lemon skunk been growing from seed since last september, took 2 clones let them get about 5 feet tall then flowered 10 wks, not real impressed but not complaining either. i have one blz, another one with real heavy thick hit and an amazing full body tingly buzz that'll keep you from going anywhere any time soon after. keeps me high all day. also 2 varieties of my own manipulation i've been working on for 20 years or so tiniest leaves i've ever seen only 1 1/2 inch long fans on over 20 inch plant. bud form on entire plant about a inch thick and a foot long, and hard as hell, and a few others also!
hybridizing has been going on since man discovered this wonderful gift from god. glad to keep it going for future generations.

High grade has been around forever! was just a lot harder to find back then. african black sheba, or thai stick, monkey paw and some of the hawaiian strains available in the 70's. not to mention jamaican red bud. all were teriffic high grade smoke.
if you tested your 20% weed the way they tested in the 70's it too would only test 6-10% BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA created by the people against natures miracle plant. also what they were testing was the crappy brown seedy shit coming accross the border from mexico
personally i have tried several varieties of white widdow none of which did much for me. but my tolerances are incredibly high.
my moms best friend in birmingham mi in the 70's had a variety she grew in her basement reffered to as birmingham rainbow was known to cause religious experiences, smoking it one time caused my mother to quit smoking weed forever, she got tooooo high! and she was a regular smoker.
so don't believe what you hear in the media, they are controlled by the enimy!

:peace::peace::peace:

OMG.....You are making my mouth water...This is some weird shit...I was just thinking about starting a thread and discussing the truth of this so called "Stronger Grade" than ever before...ALL BULLSHIT...but it is how the GOVERNMENT and media can scare the public to think it will harn and KILL their kids and Cannabis is bad...WE cant let them pull the same BULLSHIT that made it illegal in the first place.

We all now know that the info and predictions they claimed back then, that "White women are more likely to screw Black men when they are "HIGH" is again all BULLSHIT. But it scared everyone and they made it illegal..But its ok to drink ten beers and 4 shots anytime and own and carry a gun...A drunk and a gun is LEGAL...Who has who's head, up who's ASS? Really!

Back to my mouth watering strains...those are the same strains I smoked in high school in the late 70's..African black Sheba, Thai stick, Acapulco Gold and my favorite was a Hawaiian strain called Puma or Kona..I cant remember..All those kicked ass back then in New Jersey...

Funny story, I once stole a 1/2 oz from a detectives desk full of confiscated drugs. I worked one Saturday as a juvenile for a traffic violation/community service. Was suppose to wash cars outside all day and the last 2 hours it rained and they sent me and one other to sweep and mop floors downstairs where the detectives office where. I copped some Mushroom and the African shit...and then hit a Van Halen concert that night totally felling it and thankful I got that ticket...HAHA

Cant believe you just mention these strains...I actually search for them recently to start a grow but no luck so far...Anyone run across these? I would be grateful for any info.:peace::bravo:

i hear ya bro, wishind i knew where to get beans too but not sure if any body thought about keeping any original stuff at the time, they all just wanted to see what would happen if you crossed different strains. even if you find seeds with same names its not the same genetics. someone could get rich if they tracked some of them down and start sellin heirloom seeds!
"currently wasted!"

LOL...I just knew you guys would find this article funny, yet tragic at the same time!?!?

The only difference in the weed now dayz, is that now? We have names for the same killer weed we've always had.

Top shelf smoke has always been around!....They are just now figuring this out?

The ONLY difference between then and now, is that these days, we now have breeders that are harnessing these killer strains and making them more widely available and easier to obtain...That's it! That's all there is to it!!! There's nothing new about this concept!!!

What they still don't understand, is that the better the Cannabis is? The less it takes to get you to where you need to go, hence less tar in the lungs, ultimately!

What takes a whole joint of low quality Canna, only takes a few hits of with top shelf meds to achieve the same high...That's the only difference!

LOL...I just knew you guys would find this article funny, yet tragic at the same time!?!?

The only difference in the weed now dayz, is that now? We have names for the same killer weed we've always had.

Top shelf smoke has always been around!....They are just now figuring this out?

The ONLY difference between then and now, is that these days, we now have breeders that are harnessing these killer strains and making them more widely available and easier to obtain...That's it! That's all there is to it!!! There's nothing new about this concept!!!

What they still don't understand, is that the better the Cannabis is? The less it takes to get you to where you need to go, hence less tar in the lungs, ultimately!

What takes a whole joint of low quality Canna, only takes a few hits of with top shelf meds to achieve the same high...That's the only difference!

I agree...If you think about the chemical end of it..The THC was always there..Finding it was the key...Great thread bringing back memories.

In fact my big contact back then smoked nothing but Hash back then...I remember buying a "Q" p of it and taking a pin needle and poking it threw a pack of matches and lighting a small piece on the tip of the needle and lighting it to fill a jar of smoke, which we then hit it with a straw..Yummmy...

Back
Top Bottom