How common is it to find a few seeds in some decent bud

tablelegslim

My brother gave me roughly 1/2 oz. and I found 8 seeds in one of the buds. The bag was all the same bud and there were no other seeds. He didn't find the first seed in rest of what he had. Would they be worth growing just to see what makes of it or just toss them?

Attachments

• 20200705_224033.jpg
    20200705_224033.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20200705_224152.jpg
    20200705_224152.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 102
It all depends. From the sounds of it. If you really liked the weed they will probably be worth a try. My guess is they are from a male flower. Of course we all knew that part LOL. What I mean is my guess it is from a random male flower and not so much a full on hermie. I would expect more seeds throughout the weed if it was a bad hermie.

Value of those seeds depends on your seed supply. If you have lots of breeder packs you may want to work with them. If you don't have a bunch of extra seeds then you can start those next. (It all revolves around how much you like the weed the seeds came from.) There is risk that they may be hermaphrodite genetics. That needs to be considered. There is also the same chance that they will all female and fine. If they are all female the genetics could be anywhere from good to great

I found 9 seeds in total. No other seeds were found in the other 3.5ozs it has me puzzled. If it were a full blown hermie would there have been seeds in every bud or just a few as I found? Also if it had been exposed to a male plant and been pollinated would I have had a shit ton of seeds throughout all of the buds? or is it possible to just to have found those few seeds in that single bud because of the lack of pollen that reached the female plant?

Bud is pretty good actually. I have had some with no seeds that wasn't as good. I will end up putting them in some old cypress stumps out in the swamp by my camp. I have had good luck in the past doing that so right when hunting season starts ill be good to go. I'll just have to check them periodically to see who's who and clip out the males. Ill keep you guys posted should be interesting to see what makes of it. But I have some jack herer autos thats about finished going check on them here shortly

I harvest 12 lights a month, every month ... and there is always a few seeds.

Tell the trimmers to keep an eye peeled and pull them out as the buyers PHEAK the hell out if they see even ONE.

Any kind of stress can cause a couple of seeds. Since I over feed my girls, they get stressed.
But, I like fat girls.

Back
Top Bottom