How curcial are light leaks

Jeezusjuiicee

420 Member
So I'm setting up a grow space for my flowering plants and also my vegitative plants. I'm just wondering if it's ok to leave the vegging plants out in the open during there night cycle, for example if I'm in the same room and the light is on in the room but it's after hours for the little guy, should it be in complete darkness like the flowering plants?

In veg you can leave them in light 24 hours a day, no problem. It’s best if you can stick to the light schedule planned though because they get used to it. They actually like things stable, ie. lights, feeding schedule, temps, PH, etc. (environment). Changing the light schedule all the time can have a detrimental effect on certain genetics, but for the most part, you should be fine. Having said that, I veg 24 hours in the winter because I need the heat in my veg room. I think your good.

Naturally, even a small light leak in flower can cause herms in bloom.

My veg are under my fish tank in my bedroom. Their light goes off at eleven. I stay up much later with the overhead light on. Have not seen any problems so far. My first batch is now 30+ days in flower and no signs of hermies. Clones are doing great with all kinds of light interruptions. Just keep em dark for flower. This is my first run though so take it for what it is worth.

In veg you can leave them in light 24 hours a day, no problem. It’s best if you can stick to the light schedule planned though because they get used to it. They actually like things stable, ie. lights, feeding schedule, temps, PH, etc. (environment). Changing the light schedule all the time can have a detrimental effect on certain genetics, but for the most part, you should be fine. Having said that, I veg 24 hours in the winter because I need the heat in my veg room. I think your good.

Naturally, even a small light leak in flower can cause herms in bloom.
Alright sweet thanks! So maybe instead of trying to cover them up for the light schedule ill just try the 24 hour method! I was concerned about the plant getting some dark time for growth, but if you've done 24 hours and it worked I shall give it a try

My veg are under my fish tank in my bedroom. Their light goes off at eleven. I stay up much later with the overhead light on. Have not seen any problems so far. My first batch is now 30+ days in flower and no signs of hermies. Clones are doing great with all kinds of light interruptions. Just keep em dark for flower. This is my first run though so take it for what it is worth.
Thanks alot dude :)

Back
Top Bottom