How do i know exactly how much to feed?

spawnie69

Hi guys,
I am at just over 3 moths of flowerig and the trichomes are are not 50/50 amber/cloudy yet.

How do I know how much nutes I should give. I have a ppm meter and my phd water is about 400 (well water). I gave them some nutes and i have to keep using ph up every 6 hours or so.

I don't want to overdo it but the buds need to get bigger :morenutes:

So how can i know enough nutes are given to my plants?
Just kee the ppm at about 800-1000?

I also am afraid that using to much gen hydro ph up may increase the ppm to high.

Thanks!

Hey Hogdady! Thanks for the info. I had a typo and I am on 65 days of flowering now.

How can i know enough nutes are given to my plants?

Hi guys,
I am at just over 3 moths of flowerig and the trichomes are are not 50/50 amber/cloudy yet.

How do I know how much nutes I should give. I have a ppm meter and my phd water is about 400 (well water). I gave them some nutes and i have to keep using ph up every 6 hours or so.

I don't want to overdo it but the buds need to get bigger :morenutes:

So how can i know enough nutes are given to my plants?
Just kee the ppm at about 800-1000?

I also am afraid that using to much gen hydro ph up may increase the ppm to high.

Thanks!

Hmm...where to start. From the top I guess. What strain are you growing? Indica or Sativa? At day 65 and not ready I would guess sativa. Do you have pics to share? You should be almost ready that late into flower.

You stated that you have to use ph up every 6 hours. Does that mean you are constantly checking your res ph? What is it jumping to? If you add 5.7 ph water and the next day the res ph's in the sixes, I would not worry about it. As long as you are doing res changes frequently. Chasing ph that often is a nightmare.

As for the nutes. You should allow for 2 full weeks of flushing with plain ph water, no nutes before harvest. Using GH Florakleen or similar products will help with that too.

Pics of your setup and plant would really help us. Good luck!

I always start w/the recommended dosage and then work my way to the dose I think will get me max production out of a particular plant, whether I am in or out of doors. It's a very subjective thing... everyone has their own application amounts. Most of that is decided on the spot!

Hey guys, here r the strains:

female Seeds Indoor Mix
and
UFO#2 Dinafem Seeds White Widow

I have been adding ph up now every 8 hours or so.
From about 4.9 or so.

i just lookedat the trichs ad they are clear. The pic looks milky but the 100x microscope states otherwise.

Is it possible that I underfed them and this is why it has take this long in flowering?

DSC005983.JPG

DSC005962.JPG

DSC005974.JPG

Is it really necessary to flush with water for 2 weeks??
If my trichomes are clear/cloudy would they mature to cloudy/amber using just ph'd water for a couple more weeks?

For some reason I felt that nutes are necessary for the buds to mature.

Thank you everyone!
My ga, what a bitch to put up pics. But its all good:thumb:

the tem s 82-86 degress. I do admit that like a dumb ass I did trim alot of leaves on the plant on the left. I regret that now.

Your plants look good. I'm pretty sure that WW has a flower time or 8-9 weeks so at 65 days your close. You don't have to flush your plants but by giving them only water for the last week or so will force the plant to use up it's stores of energy taking the chemical tastes out of the finished product. I say you don't have to flush only because when you cure the buds it will do the same thing only it will take longer cause there's more of it.

Ooops forgot I agree how much is a relative thing cause some plants like heavy feeding and some plants like lighter feedings. It's really all up to your plant, it will tell when it's took much. I.e. If your feeding at 1000 and bump it up to 1200 and you have not adverse effects then bump it up to 1300 if still nothing bad kick it up to 1400. When the leaves start to turn colors or it plant droops then drop the ppm back to a previous level it liked.

From what I see I would expect no less with was four or six hids prolly a nice drip system and all the perks. If you check his first pics he posted he doesn't have all the hids and very little perks. Plus considering that the average joes first time growing pot results is much worse looking plants. Don't believe me check YouTube and you'll see hundereds of average joes with absolutely horrible looking plants.

From what I see I would expect no less with was four or six hids prolly a nice drip system and all the perks. If you check his first pics he posted he doesn't have all the hids and very little perks. Plus considering that the average joes first time growing pot results is much worse looking plants. Don't believe me check YouTube and you'll see hundereds of average joes with absolutely horrible looking plants.

Some players come to play, some come to win! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom