How Do You Clean Your Grinders?

it needs to be decarboxylized before your body can do anything with it so if you like the taste 😎✌️
Fact check: False.

Your body can make great use of the acidic forms of all of the cannabinoids. Decarbing removes a carbon atom from the structure and changes some of the effects (like making the thc-a psychoactive) but that doesn't mean the non-decarbed versions aren't a benefit to your body.

Most of my harvest gets used in the acidic form.

I need you to explain that to me it's needs to be heated to be decarboxolized matter of fact I have a machine that does it for me
Decarb is a graph function of time and temperature. High heat, like setting it on fire, decarbs the cannabinoids quickly, but given enough time the cannabinoids will decarb themselves even at room temperature.

Never had to clean a grinder tbh, just keep grinding for hash lol

I find this interesting. What kind of grinder do you have? I’ve been through almost every type there is, hell, I just bought a “Tsunami” grinder today for 40$ smh. I’ve never had a grinder not gunk up and I only ever use them for cannabis.

It’s almost always the same thing. I can clean the majority of it but over time stuff piles up in crevices and cracks I can’t get at and eventually I can taste old cannabis in the freshly ground stuff and it becomes quite the physical effort to grind.

I find this interesting. What kind of grinder do you have? I’ve been through almost every type there is, hell, I just bought a “Tsunami” grinder today for 40$ smh. I’ve never had a grinder not gunk up and I only ever use them for cannabis.

It’s almost always the same thing. I can clean the majority of it but over time stuff piles up in crevices and cracks I can’t get at and eventually I can taste old cannabis in the freshly ground stuff and it becomes quite the physical effort to grind.
Just a normal aluminium grinder, nothing fancy
Gets a bit sticky sometimes but grinding seems to self-clean it
When I collect from under the mesh I'll scrape with a bit of card, that's all

Yup...
The threads get gunked up and the screen gets so clogged it no longer catches Keef. It can sometimes be so hard to unscrew, as if it is locked up...

Just a normal aluminium grinder, nothing fancy
Gets a bit sticky sometimes but grinding seems to self-clean it
When I collect from under the mesh I'll scrape with a bit of card, that's all

Fascinating. I do have a pretty old school grinder (looks like a stack of green poker chips) that has definitely held up better than any of the newer ones I’ve purchased but it’s just too small for the amount I grind up these days 😂

The newer ones don’t self clean very well at all lol. They all eventually lock up on me and depending on what they’re made of, some times it’s not even worth trying to clean.

Yup...
The threads get gunked up and the screen gets so clogged it no longer catches Keef. It can sometimes be so hard to unscrew, as if it is locked up...

Exactly. Another issue I’ve run into is poor design choices. Putting a plastic cover on top of the grinder and on the sides is not a good idea for a metal grinder. The moment I put it in hot water to loosen up the resin, whatever was holding the plastic on gave way. So probably some sort of weak glue. So now cannabis pushes out of the top before being ground up and I have to hold the sides all awkward which makes it even more difficult when it gets caked up.

It sucks because the mile high cleaner definitely cleaned the grinder fast, easy, and way better than anything else I’ve used. Unfortunately it can’t clean bad designs lol. I have a new grinder now with nothing extra or unnecessary and can’t wait to use the cleaner on it lol

Fascinating. I do have a pretty old school grinder (looks like a stack of green poker chips) that has definitely held up better than any of the newer ones I’ve purchased but it’s just too small for the amount I grind up these days 😂

The newer ones don’t self clean very well at all lol. They all eventually lock up on me and depending on what they’re made of, some times it’s not even worth trying to clean.

Exactly. Another issue I’ve run into is poor design choices. Putting a plastic cover on top of the grinder and on the sides is not a good idea for a metal grinder. The moment I put it in hot water to loosen up the resin, whatever was holding the plastic on gave way. So probably some sort of weak glue. So now cannabis pushes out of the top before being ground up and I have to hold the sides all awkward which makes it even more difficult when it gets caked up.

It sucks because the mile high cleaner definitely cleaned the grinder fast, easy, and way better than anything else I’ve used. Unfortunately it can’t clean bad designs lol. I have a new grinder now with nothing extra or unnecessary and can’t wait to use the cleaner on it lol
I agree. On mine the plastic top with the crank was pressure fitted...poorly...and it popped off. I was able to use a 2 ton press to force it back in and it still works but I agree, poor design... And who thought using micro threads that are hard to line up and get gummed up instantly, seemingly even if you put a bag of weed NEXT to it...
I generally don't worry about the teeth, but cleaning those threads and the screen is a monthly chore. Fortunately it only takes 2 minutes.
My next one will be magnetic, so no threads and i will try to find one without a cheap plastic windows. Did they think grinding was so cool you had to watch it???

My next one will be magnetic, so no threads and i will try to find one without a cheap plastic windows. Did they think grinding was so cool you had to watch it???

😂 that makes me think of this thing I also saw:
IMG_5423.jpeg

A grinder that goes on your mason jar.. I thought about it for a moment but decided I already have enough problems with normal grinders, I don’t think adding a mason jar to the equation will be very helpful 😂

So many replies. Did any of you try the milk at all? You probably have it on hand. It is less expensive than anything else being used for the purpose that I know of. Need to see it done first? Here you go.

What's the mechanism in milk? the fat content? as that's what's usually the trick with oil it all dissolves with fats, or it contains a bunch of enzymes as well.
But I won't mix milk with cannabis anymore... I once made a hot coco hash..but the hash I dropped in it was way too much... a whole night of feeling like absolute shit I jus sat upright sweating profusely just trying to keep it together and get through it.. If I didn't keep it together it was like instant endless tumbling & falling getting dizzy fast, well you're just lying down but it feels like you're going 70mph through the floor in that space camp spinning chair.
This was decades ago but my body still goes nope! don't do that again as it took forever to get through.

here's the issue : the entire claim to it being safe boils down to "just trust me" and some hype.

i don't know you that well, but i do know there are several organic emulsifiers that can change with heat or other process from a non-toxic to one that is. citrus cleaners often fall into that category, which is why i refer to them.

if your stuff is a big secret i dunno if i can trust it. won't matter how much you try to deflect attention to iso. that never entered the conversation.

Ingredients: Vegetable triglycerides, plant based acids, enzymes, and Caprylic/Capric glycerides.

Hazardous Components: None.

plant based acids sounds like a citrus cleaner to me.

edit : fwiw the citrus cleaners i refer to are considered toxic here and are labeled. the same product in the US does not get the designation and is not labeled. in the US that product is considered ingestible and food safe. not so much here.
Mile HIGH is not made from citric acid. I disclosed the active components, but not the proprietary formula because it is a trade secret.
I understand not trusting something new, it seems like every product advertisement last year is this years Class Action Law Suit. That is why I don't just say it is Odorless, Tasteless, Inert, and safe, I Drink it. I have ingested GALLONS and am healthier than I was 20 years ago and reducing toxins played a part in that.

Every cleaner evolves, not just Bong cleaners, but All manufacturers, work daily to improve their formula to be more effictive, less toxic and cheaper to produce.
Usually there is a progression, with little changes, like the original dish detergents evolving to being safe enough to use on wildlife during an oil spill. That detergent says "if you get it in your eyes or drink it, simply dilute with water". It does not have any other warnings (unlike ISO and the solvents you mentioned, which you are correct, are KNOWN to be toxic and it is usually printed on the label)

I get your skepticism but I really don't know what else I can do to show how safe, effective and so much better Mile HIGH is over the current methods of shaking copious amounts of known toxic solvents.
Jim

PS the government accepts the toxicity info provided by the manufacturer. If they lie, they pay billions like Asbestos and RoundUp. Drinking the formula on camera for 8 years proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the formula is completely harmless.

Mile HIGH is not made from citric acid. I disclosed the active components, but not the proprietary formula because it is a trade secret.
I understand not trusting something new, it seems like every product advertisement last year is this years Class Action Law Suit. That is why I don't just say it is Odorless, Tasteless, Inert, and safe, I Drink it. I have ingested GALLONS and am healthier than I was 20 years ago and reducing toxins played a part in that.

Every cleaner evolves, not just Bong cleaners, but All manufacturers, work daily to improve their formula to be more effictive, less toxic and cheaper to produce.
Usually there is a progression, with little changes, like the original dish detergents evolving to being safe enough to use on wildlife during an oil spill. That detergent says "if you get it in your eyes or drink it, simply dilute with water". It does not have any other warnings (unlike ISO and the solvents you mentioned, which you are correct, are KNOWN to be toxic and it is usually printed on the label)

I get your skepticism but I really don't know what else I can do to show how safe, effective and so much better Mile HIGH is over the current methods of shaking copious amounts of known toxic solvents.
Jim

PS the government accepts the toxicity info provided by the manufacturer. If they lie, they pay billions like Asbestos and RoundUp. Drinking the formula on camera for 8 years proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the formula is completely harmless.

dm'd over products sds.

What's the mechanism in milk? the fat content? as that's what's usually the trick with oil it all dissolves with fats, or it contains a bunch of enzymes as well.
But I won't mix milk with cannabis anymore... I once made a hot coco hash..but the hash I dropped in it was way too much... a whole night of feeling like absolute shit I jus sat upright sweating profusely just trying to keep it together and get through it.. If I didn't keep it together it was like instant endless tumbling & falling getting dizzy fast, well you're just lying down but it feels like you're going 70mph through the floor in that space camp spinning chair.
This was decades ago but my body still goes nope! don't do that again as it took forever to get through.
It has lactic acid as well, but most likely the milk fat. I have only used whole milk so not sure about two percent.

Back
Top Bottom