How Do You Clean Your Grinders?

tyedyedtoker

420 Member
Here is a suprising trick you may not know "USE MILK". Pour a little milk in your grinder, close it up and swish the milk around. Open your grinder and use a toothbrush to loosen any remaining resin. rinse with water and let dry. Oh and don't throw out the milk, add it to your coffee. If you have a method you use add it in comments and we will test all methods to find the best

might be lookin for an entire cow here

full

:p

Isopropyl alcohol. Let it sit overnight in a container, completely covered over with alcohol. Next day clean with tooth brush or wire brush if need be. Then I rinse it well with plain water, then it sits in clean water for a few hours. Dry it, wipe it over and done. I'll also use some Fluid film or WD40 on the threads applied with a Q-tip. Thanks to @InTheShed as most of this method came from him!

I use 90% alochol I used to save the alcohol in a mason jar but not anymore I have a press (Nug Smasher OG) now and I'm not sure how much you'd get off the milk in your coffee thing it needs to be decarboxylized before your body can do anything with it so if you like the taste 😎✌️

Yeah I stay away from the taste pretty much but if it's age good it decarboxylizes itself that way but otherwise yeah I wouldn't drink it . give you stomach ache. There's a study that needs doing how long it takes to decarboxylate itself when curing.

Yeah I stay away from the taste pretty much but if it's age good it decarboxylizes itself that way but otherwise yeah I wouldn't drink it . give you stomach ache. There's a study that needs doing how long it takes to decarboxylate itself when curing.
I need you to explain that to me it's needs to be heated to be decarboxolized matter of fact I have a machine that does it for me

IMG_20230318_101604.jpg

Isopropyl alcohol. Let it sit overnight in a container, completely covered over with alcohol. Next day clean with tooth brush or wire brush if need be. Then I rinse it well with plain water, then it sits in clean water for a few hours. Dry it, wipe it over and done. I'll also use some Fluid film or WD40 on the threads applied with a Q-tip. Thanks to @InTheShed as most of this method came from him!

I've used alcohol and salt mainly for cleaning pipes and bongs. If you have an ultrasonic cleaner you can put whatever you got in a ziplock baggie and a little bit of alcohol and squeeze it shut that way you don't have to use a lot of alcohol and throw it in the ultrasound of water and gets it might clean mighty quick I use all my RSO making equipment gets thrown through it and yep that saved me so much time so much hassle, also to tell the truth that quit using my metal grinder and I got a nice big one I've been using plastic spaghetti strainer. I just grab a handful of pot and rub it around until it breaks up and goes through anything that doesn't go through my bullet coffee grinder and yeah I get a lot done real quick. Got it at Dollar tree before the prices went up.

16879870181961250408004774374980.jpg

I have used Acetone, but now I am using 190 proof alcohol.
I put some 190 in a small bowl with the grinder, leave it for 24 hrs. then if needed use a toothbrush, but most times not needed.
After I finish the cleaning I add the alcohol to a bottle the I will use to make oil, so nothing goes to waste.

I note how many times ISO has been mentioned and the need to soak overnight or a few hours. I have been very pleasantly surprised by @Mile HIGH Cleaner at how fast it is! Pour in a few drops, spin the grinder a few turns, and wipe it out. I have never seen it cleaned so fast and easily. And since its so safe you can drink it, I have no worries if I don't want to rinse and dry and all that... just wipe and go.

I note how many times ISO has been mentioned and the need to soak overnight or a few hours. I have been very pleasantly surprised by @Mile HIGH Cleaner at how fast it is! Pour in a few drops, spin the grinder a few turns, and wipe it out. I have never seen it cleaned so fast and easily. And since its so safe you can drink it, I have no worries if I don't want to rinse and dry and all that... just wipe and go.
I can drink the 190 proof also, 😂🤣😂🤣

ISO will pit metal and it says on the label it is toxic.

ISO will pit metal and it says on the label it is toxic.

we don't really know what your stuff is either. makes it hard to trust. too many times something is advertised safe only to be walked back and shown to be toxic or have other issues later.

there was a guy here selling something similar with a citrus base. was in a local hydro shop for a short time. i'm not so sure i trust it either, as the shop dropped it. i think it was orange oil and another citrus cleaner together. also advertised 100% organic.

we don't really know what your stuff is either. makes it hard to trust. too many times something is advertised safe only to be walked back and shown to be toxic or have other issues later.

there was a guy here selling something similar with a citrus base. was in a local hydro shop for a short time. i'm not so sure i trust it either, as the shop dropped it. i think it was orange oil and another citrus cleaner together. also advertised 100% organic.
You brought up a great point but I am only pointing out that ISO is KNOWN to be toxic...It says fumes may be toxic on the bottle. That means it is toxic but now you cannot sue them for millions because they warned you.
20190920_152652 (2).jpg

ISO is a VOC made from fossil fuels.

So...ISO is a toxic VOC made from the stuff we are trying to REDUCE the use of... That's a hat trick of BAD NEWS. It is already unsafe...They printed it right there yet everyone still uses (and usually complains about) it.

But lets get back to your great point; How do you know when something is safe when 2 years after launch there is a class action lawsuit.

There are many levels of safe. Some require protection like gloves and adequate ventilation (recommended on the SDS by MSDS online for ISO) There are all kinds of warnings and cautions and how to use it safely using all kinds of protection. All solvents are in this level so that includes almost all bong cleaners and most bathroom cleaners.

Other levels of "safe" have warnings against exposure, inhalation and getting it on your skin as well as the poison control center number and plenty of other warnings. This is where most kitchen cleaners reside.

Then there is cleaning the food handling items. This is most dish detergents, which still have many warnings on the label.

Next is very rare cleaners that might be used to clean wildlife after a toxic oil spill. You know the one. Its warnings are very simple. Flush with water. They do not include the poison control number, just drink a glass of water to dilute. It is some pretty safe and stable stuff but still a chemical.

The absolute highest is level is 100% made form plants and is 'food grade safe' or edible.
That is Mile HIGH.
When I say it is natural plant based, I really mean it and stand behind it with my life. Started in 2015, and still perfectly safe.

I have drank GALLONS over the years.
Eating MHC.jpg

10 years ago I had over a dozen blood clots in my lungs and and was not expected to see another birthday.
Today I am ONLY only cannabis and no other drugs.
I did a 20 mile bike ride yesterday at the age of 63.
I don't deal with any harmful, toxic crap from any source I have control over. The truth is I made Mile HIGH for myself.
My days as a Government contractor taught me why the Clean Air Act is important and the clots in my lungs hammered the point home.

In addition, 11 companies private label our product as their cleaner. They thoroughly vetted my formula.

This is from our SDS on Mile HIGH Cleaner. The specific ingredients are not listed as it is a proprietary formula.

This is as much as I can do to assure you my formula is safe.
Whereas ISO assured you it was toxic by printing it on the label.

The choice is up to you...make it a good one...

Ingredients: Vegetable triglycerides, plant based acids, enzymes, and Caprylic/Capric glycerides.

Hazardous Components: None.

All components considered ingestible.

Proprietary formula Trade Secret

CAS #: 801****

CAS #: 733****

CAS #: 685****

CAS #: 112****

CAS #: 463****

You brought up a great point but I am only pointing out that ISO is KNOWN to be toxic...It says fumes may be toxic on the bottle. That means it is toxic but now you cannot sue them for millions because they warned you.
20190920_152652 (2).jpg

ISO is a VOC made from fossil fuels.

So...ISO is a toxic VOC made from the stuff we are trying to REDUCE the use of... That's a hat trick of BAD NEWS. It is already unsafe...They printed it right there yet everyone still uses (and usually complains about) it.

But lets get back to your great point; How do you know when something is safe when 2 years after launch there is a class action lawsuit.

There are many levels of safe. Some require protection like gloves and adequate ventilation (recommended on the SDS by MSDS online for ISO) There are all kinds of warnings and cautions and how to use it safely using all kinds of protection. All solvents are in this level so that includes almost all bong cleaners and most bathroom cleaners.

Other levels of "safe" have warnings against exposure, inhalation and getting it on your skin as well as the poison control center number and plenty of other warnings. This is where most kitchen cleaners reside.

Then there is cleaning the food handling items. This is most dish detergents, which still have many warnings on the label.

Next is very rare cleaners that might be used to clean wildlife after a toxic oil spill. You know the one. Its warnings are very simple. Flush with water. They do not include the poison control number, just drink a glass of water to dilute. It is some pretty safe and stable stuff but still a chemical.

The absolute highest is level is 100% made form plants and is 'food grade safe' or edible.
That is Mile HIGH.
When I say it is natural plant based, I really mean it and stand behind it with my life. Started in 2015, and still perfectly safe.

I have drank GALLONS over the years.
Eating MHC.jpg

10 years ago I had over a dozen blood clots in my lungs and and was not expected to see another birthday.
Today I am ONLY only cannabis and no other drugs.
I did a 20 mile bike ride yesterday at the age of 63.
I don't deal with any harmful, toxic crap from any source I have control over. The truth is I made Mile HIGH for myself.
My days as a Government contractor taught me why the Clean Air Act is important and the clots in my lungs hammered the point home.

In addition, 11 companies private label our product as their cleaner. They thoroughly vetted my formula.

This is from our SDS on Mile HIGH Cleaner. The specific ingredients are not listed as it is a proprietary formula.

This is as much as I can do to assure you my formula is safe.
Whereas ISO assured you it was toxic by printing it on the label.

The choice is up to you...make it a good one...

Ingredients: Vegetable triglycerides, plant based acids, enzymes, and Caprylic/Capric glycerides.

All components considered ingestible.

Proprietary formula Trade Secret

CAS #: 801****

CAS #: 733****

CAS #: 685****

CAS #: 112****

CAS #: 463****

here's the issue : the entire claim to it being safe boils down to "just trust me" and some hype.

i don't know you that well, but i do know there are several organic emulsifiers that can change with heat or other process from a non-toxic to one that is. citrus cleaners often fall into that category, which is why i refer to them.

if your stuff is a big secret i dunno if i can trust it. won't matter how much you try to deflect attention to iso. that never entered the conversation.

plant based acids sounds like a citrus cleaner to me.

edit : fwiw the citrus cleaners i refer to are considered toxic here and are labeled. the same product in the US does not get the designation and is not labeled. in the US that product is considered ingestible and food safe. not so much here.

Back
Top Bottom