How far along am I?

Karenthefirst

420 Member
I was given this plant on July 4th it had just started to flower with tiny white hairs. On Aug 21st you could see it was budding. Today Aug 31 only 10 days later they have grown a lot. I plucked off a lot of the big leaves because the buds beneath them couldn't get sun rays. Was I supposed to do that? Should I let it grow back in? The buds are dense and sticky, the white hairs have tiny bit of a purplish color on the tippy end. A lot of trichomes which look milky not clear to me. Am I ready to harvest them? Any advise if so very much appreciated. Much Thx

Attachments

• DSCN5691.JPG
    DSCN5691.JPG
    832.9 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2152.JPG
    IMG_2152.JPG
    703.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2173.JPG
    IMG_2173.JPG
    537.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 201
Well just by looking I was gonna say you have a few weeks left judging by the hairs but if you see millky trics then take a bud off for a sample and see what it does
One more question for you are you looking through a scope at the trics or just naked eye cause they will fool you

That's right, milky refers the the very tip of the thrichome. The ball on the end. Pretty much need magnification as the stalks are more opaque to begin with and can fool ya.. Looks really good but as BigJake says a few weeks to go. The pistils should be mostly orange /brown or whatever and they likely should be sort of curled up against the bud rather than sticking out. Lot of plants seem to keep throwing out new pistils throughout flowering even as she ripens so they never really go all brown in my experience anyway. Good luck with her!

Well just by looking I was gonna say you have a few weeks left judging by the hairs but if you see millky trics then take a bud off for a sample and see what it does
One more question for you are you looking through a scope at the trics or just naked eye cause they will fool you

I was using the naked eye. Today I bought a jewelers magnifying glass and there are those trichomes everywhere, even the leaves. Is that normal. When I look at them sideways with the glass I d see thru them at the top. The ones on the edge of the leaves are easier to see. So I wait a few weeks and check them to see if they are white.

That's right, milky refers the the very tip of the thrichome. The ball on the end. Pretty much need magnification as the stalks are more opaque to begin with and can fool ya.. Looks really good but as BigJake says a few weeks to go. The pistils should be mostly orange /brown or whatever and they likely should be sort of curled up against the bud rather than sticking out. Lot of plants seem to keep throwing out new pistils throughout flowering even as she ripens so they never really go all brown in my experience anyway. Good luck with her!

I'm happy to see that you mentioned the top of the thrichome bc that's the only part I can really see good and it is like a little ball on the end of it. Okay so all I do now is wait a few weeks and keep looking at the tip and cut it down when the tip turns white. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom