How long?

Dewbie

How long have you waited before giving up on germination? I didn't buy any seeds just using what I got out of a bag. Two have been germinating for a week while others for just two days? When should I give up on them?

Hmmm r u keeping the seeds wet n in the dark? Try to feel the seeds that didn't pop and see if the shells hard cause if so they still may open. It's hard to say how long before you give up on em some take longer but if the shells soft they're probably no good. Good luck least you got 2 going; some take maybe 10 days I heard. :peace:

Hey bud, I've had a couple seeds take 2 weeks before opening, Usually, they crack in just a few days, but they can take a couple weeks sometimes, all depends on when she wants to open up. lol.. I personally toss em after 14 days if they havent done anything by then. Also, how are u germing them? paper towel method or ? I use the towel method, and usually get taproots within the first week. I then let my taproot get to about 1-1.5" long then pot em. lol.. So far it's been working great for me. I need to germ a couple of my L$D seeds I have and start a good mother.. Anyway, keep going and you'll be fine, your in the right place atleast. lol..

Yeah Im doing the paper towel method. Been germinating my veggies with no problem! The shells are still hard and I do wash my hands before handling because I smoke. I will wait till my 14 days are up and maybe go pro and buy good ones lol.

Just checked one seed that was planted I squeezed it and found root rot I think it was full of white goo that smelt like good bud. Other seed that is planted looks fine I think there is a little taproot coming out of it too.

I started out with bag seed, they can be finicky on when they want to sprout. I had some show root in two days, the longest I had to wait was a week.

Dark and moist is what you want, germinating is supposed to simulate being in the dirt with out being in the dirt. So you want water, make sure to keep it wet. And dark its like the 12/12 you need to give it nothing but darkness. but a week is about the time a couple extra days wouldnt hurt make sure your paper towel is sorta damp and keep it in a dark place. I use a old video game case and put it in a drawer under my tv, same place i keep my shrooms but i digress. trial and error dude you did what you did it didnt work try something else get your results and grow like bud i guess hahaha have fun man

Yeah I am keeping them between two plates in a spare room. Thanks for the information if they work out I'll be sure to start a grow journal and let everyone follow my first grow.

Cool I'll be following your journal. The gooey seed probably didn't get enough pollen or enough time to make the seed good but I've read that if the smoke that the seed came outta is good then it's seeds will be even better smoke. So how many seedlings do you have going now? And whatcha growing em in? :hippy:

I have 5 right now trying to germinate. Still no sprouts as of today :(. I plan on putting them in a greenhouse kit if they ever push out the taproot.

no youre doing something wrong how wet is your paper towel? how dark do the 2 plates get? cause you need pitch black like if your eyes are closed. Like 10 days are usually my limit to see but this is your second try isnt it? Google how to germinate read as many post or whatever as you can, cause your second try you show see some progess. At least 1 so i am thinking either not wet enough on your paper towel, or dark enough, cause too dry and they wont grow too much light and they wont either. Check them everyday, you might need to use gloves cause i hear some peopple use gloves not to contaminate...I dont some people do maybe thats your problem??? comtaminating?? but give them a couple more days cause im sure all your sees arent garbage. uhhhh look at some grow guides on here, or google

delete.jpg

here's a pic of the seeds they don't look the best one has a chunk cracked and you can see the inside. Let me know what you think going to add more water to it right now.

To me the one on top and the one on the right look like they might be good but the front one and whats up with the wrinkled one on the left lol I never saw a wrinkled bean like that, anyways, those two don't look good to me. I usually put mine in a small little bowl with the wet paper towel and then I put the bowl in a baggie to keep the moisture in. And if you have hydrogen peroxide you could add a little, like a small cap full on top of the wet paper towel. I'm rooting for those 2 to open at least, hopefully all three. :cheer:

I tried with two before didn't ever sprout I'm giving my seeds now another week after that I might just give up or go to a sponsor. Can anyone explain about the seed on the bottom of the picture above. It's cracked and you can see the white inside. Is it getting ready to sprout?

Go to youtube and look up how to germinate and get step by step visual caus eI need to be there to help you, look in the one that uses just a glass and water as well as the paper towel method. Get a good grasp before you start so you dont waste seeds.

Back
Top Bottom