How many of you can still afford to grow under lights?

Comes down to this - pay extra for electricity or start buying your smoke that would cost about $500.00 a month ?????
That's why I started growing my own. Weed here in SoCal is up to $500 per ounce. I could spend $6k per year for weed or take up a new hobby. I've saved a lot of $$ but, ironically, I don't smoke very much these days.

I've got about 400 watts running in my tent ATM. At 31¢ per KwH (did I mention "California"?), that's only ≈ $75 a month for the lights. The only thing that was a shocker was when I had to run an air conditioner in the garage. That SOB draws 1100 watts.

You're absolutely correct. I'd forgotten that the study changed light levels only in flower.
yea ! thay state that low light in veg starting at 60% and then goiing up 10% every week -- Then flower at 100% turning it down to 60% - 2 weeks before harvest ///// before this I ran my light at 100% all the time

That's why I started growing my own. Weed here in SoCal is up to $500 per ounce. I could spend $6k per year for weed or take up a new hobby. I've saved a lot of $$ but, ironically, I don't smoke very much these days.

I've got about 400 watts running in my tent ATM. At 31¢ per KwH (did I mention "California"?), that's only ≈ $75 a month for the lights. The only thing that was a shocker was when I had to run an air conditioner in the garage. That SOB draws 1100 watts.
how righ t you are once one runs the math . have a person complaining that his wife and him smoke 1/4oz - each every week ( wihich is really nothing) I just smiled

how righ t you are once one runs the math . have a person complaining that his wife and him smoke 1/4oz - each every week ( wihich is really nothing) I just smiled
¼ oz/week - that's what I was going through when I started growing but I've backed off a lot.
And you're saying that's "really nothing"?! Wow. :ganjamon:

No wonder you grow your own! :)

I don't know exactly how much more I pay for electricity than I would normally, but I can guarantee it's nowhere near as much as I would have to pay for the six ounces of weed I smoke up per month. Supplies, pricey seeds, and all added to it..... :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom