How many of you can still afford to grow under lights?

aphrodisia

Hi everybody, just curious and wanted to see how the current crazy energy prices are affecting all your growing if at all. Here in europe electricity prices have gone absolutely through the roof and I personally can no longer run my lights in my grow tent 😢 and have to limit myself to growing, or trying to grow considering the cold late springs and early summers we have here, autos out the back during summer.
So, anyone else having problems running their lights?

Hi everybody, just curious and wanted to see how the current crazy energy prices are affecting all your growing if at all. Here in europe electricity prices have gone absolutely through the roof and I personally can no longer run my lights in my grow tent 😢 and have to limit myself to growing, or trying to grow considering the cold late springs and early summers we have here, autos out the back during summer.
So, anyone else having problems running their lights?
I’m using the HPS exhaust to heat the rest of my flat/apartment. It’s paying for itself. Would cost me more to run the radiators every night.

It’s tough but might as well be warm, getting weed and spending a bit of money on lecky rather than spend a bit of money and just be warm. And then more money on bud.

But a kilowatt of energy nearly doubled in price in 18 months. That’s going to be hard for anyone. I’ve gone from 2 lights to 1 and a smaller tent.

UK in weird limbo at the moment. It’s a bit like Benny Hill with the political comings and goings. We got told there would be a price cap in place for April and then got told no. It is set to almost double again.

I’m trying to get as much done as I can now in the colder months. That’s if we don’t get blackouts, but hopefully just Daily Mail scare mongering 😂

Where abouts in Europe are you if you don’t mind me asking?

Such a glut of flower here in Oregon can't even grow it any cheaper with power bill on lights. You can get last years flower for $40 an ounce, and it not even B buds always or not manicured tight, as some the buds are rock hard/tight kind.

Such a glut of flower here in Oregon can't even grow it any cheaper with power bill on lights. You can get last years flower for $40 an ounce, and it not even B buds always or not manicured tight, as some the buds are rock hard/tight kind.
If anything electricity costs and inflation will push up wholesale black market prices so doesn’t look good around this neck of the woods.

Go Oregon 🤟😂

This is why I invested in Solar. My panels produce on a good sunny day, just about what it costs to run my lights. This is not consistent though, but I do get a huge savings on my energy costs throughout the year and as energy prices continue to go up, my investment looks better and better. If electricity costs skyrocket here like they did in Europe, even this planning might not be enough to "keep the lights on" but I am hopeful that I can keep things going through the winter. For me, a lot is going to depend on the weather and how much sun I can get to hit the panels without snow and ice and cloudy days and how stable the power grid ends up being.

This is why I invested in Solar. My panels produce on a good sunny day, just about what it costs to run my lights. This is not consistent though, but I do get a huge savings on my energy costs throughout the year and as energy prices continue to go up, my investment looks better and better. If electricity costs skyrocket here like they did in Europe, even this planning might not be enough to "keep the lights on" but I am hopeful that I can keep things going through the winter. For me, a lot is going to depend on the weather and how much sun I can get to hit the panels without snow and ice and cloudy days and how stable the power grid ends up being.
In an ideal world yes would be perfect but solar panels here very expensive to get sorted. And I’m in the UK so not enough sun to keep a normal household going let alone one that grows. It would be a minor subsidy but after purchase would have to wait a good while (20 years plus) to see any real difference

Our energy prices are being driven through greed and profit. They was going up before the war in Ukraine, the price caps were planned and documented. Don’t know about the rest of Europe (I know France has a nationalised energy company) but we are paying just under half over what our bill should be in “green” taxes.

It stinks of corruption and financial backhanders and is in no way sustainable. Families here are going to freeze or go hungry this winter. Hasn’t been seen since the 70s on the scale it will happen. The middle classes will be the worst affected as they live their life on tick/credit

It will change between now and then. Has to.

Otherwise….Thunderdome. 2 man enter 1 man leave, Tina Turner in a bad wig shizz 😂🤟

I’m using the HPS exhaust to heat the rest of my flat/apartment. It’s paying for itself. Would cost me more to run the radiators every night.

It’s tough but might as well be warm, getting weed and spending a bit of money on lecky rather than spend a bit of money and just be warm. And then more money on bud.

But a kilowatt of energy nearly doubled in price in 18 months. That’s going to be hard for anyone. I’ve gone from 2 lights to 1 and a smaller tent.

UK in weird limbo at the moment. It’s a bit like Benny Hill with the political comings and goings. We got told there would be a price cap in place for April and then got told no. It is set to almost double again.

I’m trying to get as much done as I can now in the colder months. That’s if we don’t get blackouts, but hopefully just Daily Mail scare mongering 😂

Where abouts in Europe are you if you don’t mind me asking?
That sucks and it’s illegal there to, I’m sure glad to be living in the home of the free +brave. CL🍀

I’ve heard it’s like that everywhere Michigan, Colorado, California except here in Illinois where the state, county and City of Chicago tax it to the extreme. CL🍀

I’ve heard it’s like that everywhere Michigan, Colorado, California except here in Illinois where the state, county and City of Chicago tax it to the extreme. CL🍀
Price was including the 20% tax her in OR for Rec, if my Sister with me then cheaper as she has a Med card. They basically gave a license to anyone that qualified and paid the fees to be a licensed grower, after a year or two it was estimated that it was 3x the product produced that year than was sold the previous year (so that's not counting any rogue/black market grows). So needless to say the market totally tanked and won't come back until supply gets closer to demand, or the Feds change their stance and growers could ship out of State.

I swear since they legalized recreational weed every municipality is trying to pay their entire yearly budget by taxing it so high my friends are going to Michigan. CL🍀
Lol can imagine it’s smugglers paradise 🤤

Which isn’t a good thing. Laws need to be changed like you and Mr Monk have both illustrated.

My government about to make it class A after legislating medical weed. Seems they’ve seen what’s worked and what hasn’t across the pond

That’s how you corner a market and guarantee future growth 🙃

Price was including the 20% tax her in OR for Rec, if my Sister with me then cheaper as she has a Med card. They basically gave a license to anyone that qualified and paid the fees to be a licensed grower, after a year or two it was estimated that it was 3x the product produced that year than was sold the previous year (so that's not counting any rogue/black market grows). So needless to say the market totally tanked and won't come back until supply gets closer to demand, or the Feds change their stance and growers could ship out of State.
It would be great if the feds legalized it there laws would supersede all state laws. CL🍀

Lol like big bits?

Smugglers paradise if that’s the case?
I didn’t mean it like that, more that laws should be changed so that doesn’t happen. It’s like prohibition, it’s only encouraging it

It makes sense to do it, why legalise a little when it should be a lot?

Admittedly I’m in a place where the laws are the same all over the land. A lot less confusion. Weed is bad. I try and have that mantra going on in my head so I don’t slip up 😂

But 3 months into the medical weed. My new dealer is the UK government. They’re not disappointing 😂😂

I didn’t mean it like that, more that laws should be changed so that doesn’t happen. It’s like prohibition, it’s only encouraging it

It makes sense to do it, why legalise a little when it should be a lot?

Admittedly I’m in a place where the laws are the same all over the land. A lot less confusion. Weed is bad. I try and have that mantra going on in my head so I don’t slip up 😂

But 3 months into the medical weed. My new dealer is the UK government. They’re not disappointing 😂😂
Congrats on the Big Bro hooking you up.CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom