How many plants? see pic inside.

Aratilis

how many plants do you think i can put in this room? its 6' x 7' x 9', il be using a 400 watt MH/HPS.

FRONT:

DSC_5653.jpg

REVERSE:

DSC_5654398.jpg

as you can see, I dismantle the cabinets and what-nots so that goes without saying... i'll be comitting on this. Its going to be my first grow after months and months of surfing information on this site! :)

you think 400 watts HPS/MH is not enough for a size like this? I would like to have more lights but I think my major problem is heat. I live in the Philippines where we only have two season; dry and wet and both of em' can be classified as warm.

im just afraid of the heat if i add another light its gonna be too hot, im just second guessing though, anyways il post the grow room pics again tom, i added ventilation and home made cool tube for the 400s. :)

You could create a 2'x3' room for vegging and a 4'x4' room for flowering. Add a shelf in the vegging room and you can make better use of the vertical space. Use the veg room for seedlings, clones, mothers and vegging and dedicate the 4'x4' room for flowering only. As DaMagoMan said, you can keep a perpetual grow going that way and have a good harvest every 70 days or so..

You have plenty of height so you can grow taller plants. I think you'd do better going with fewer plants and growing them larger. 400w is just barely enough for a 4'x4' flower room anyway. Four 4' plants could give you a nice overall yield. I'm not sure what kind of yield you're looking for but I've saw examples of growers getting 8-10 oz from a single plant grown under a 400w bulb. Growing four plants, you should be able to get at least 2-3oz per plant. A scrog might be a good option as well.

You can use CFLs or FL tubes in the veg area to help with the heat but you're gonna need some ventilation in any case.

++luck

:peace:

Harry

keep in mind that the more plants you grow the more attention you need to give to each plant. With maybe a couple less plants you could give them more individual love and bring out their full potential. Just a thought...

Thank you everybody for the useful informations.

whats a lite rail? do you use one? does it have a motor?

Anyhow... this is what i have accomplished so far:
I made a veg room, is that what its called? i put in 2 48 inch florescent lights 40 watts each. Its really not a big veggie room i just want to have a place for the little ones in this area. I will still have to put ventilation on this part.

DSC_5672-vi.jpg

DSC_5673-vi.jpg

and here is the ventilation of the whole room, i still have to make a cabon scrubber and fittings and all those stuff...

DSC_5675-vi.jpg

DSC_5676-vi.jpg

DSC_5677-vi.jpg

this is the home made cool tube of some sort i made

DSC_5679-vi.jpg

DSC_5680-vi.jpg

thats what i have so far, i still have tons of work to do and any suggestion will be appreciated :Rasta:

Kat I can see now your using flouresence for lighting.A lite railis a motor on a track that your light hangs from and moves it back and forth across the room.The fixture Iseein your pics,does not allow the light to move.If you were to use a 250 or 400 watt mh or hps, in an enclosed reflector you would the be able to use one.Yes I do use one it allows me to use one light to do the job of two.
Il be using a 400 watt HPS/MH, the florescent you see is just for my seedlings or cuttings, whatever its called. Sorry for my terminology im a newbie :bongrip:

do you have a URL or a photo of this lite rail thingy?. seems a pretty cool idea :)

Light Rail 3.5 Hydroponic Light Mover

they can get expensive, but if you want to use a smaller light in a larger area (and get more coverage) then they are useful.

I have the same kind of light (400w MH now, HPS later) and I built a cabinet 3x3x5, with the light fixed to the top of the cabinet so I move the plants instead of the light. I built the cabinet that size because I read that 3x3 is the biggest you'd want to go with a 400w light. I currently have 5 seedlings inside, hopefully I get females. I'm also going to LST the plants to keep them short

Are you going to make another separate cab for veg/flower?

initially I dont have plans to make a room for veg and another for the flowering but since you guys are saying that the ideal is roughly 3x3 Im now thinking of separating the room. how does the ventialtion go about with 2 seperate rooms?

How do you have it ventilated now? Check out my thread and u can see how I did mine. I can always make the same kinda setup in the room next to it. The fan and ducting cost like $50
My first grow...

my setup is on the ground floor, a separate unit at the back of my house, intake and exshaust is not a problem so long as it got no odor, i need to put a scrubber somewhere there. Now I have 3 fans, 2 scroll type one for intake and one for the air out from my home made cool tube then another exhaust a 12 inch fan the one with the blades on it.

my question is if i made another room do i have to make another set of ventilation system? or if not how do you do it? :smokin:

Stuntman, so lets say i have ample air flow enough for both rooms... isnt it like when you do another room you enclose it so how does the ventilation go about?

you mean 500 cfm exhaust? whats the intake?

Light movers also let you keep your plants stationary and have good buds on all sides of the plant. Witht the right light mover you can produce way better looking plants and even better yeilds than with the same fixed light

Back
Top Bottom