How many weeks left? Sinai landrace

Sounds like a fast way to get rid of any contaminates!
Does it have any added benefits compared ro bud washing using hydrogen peroxide or water curing?
Also do you cure them after they dry for the usual 2 to 3 weeks period again?
Mostly getting rid of impurities right away. Specially when you need ninja smoke. You could jar and cure them, but if you have the time, water curing will be less agressive.

Doesn't water curing completely destroy the terpene profile and all the oils ? Why would you want to water cure as opposed to cure normally and retain as much of the terpene profile as possible? I'd go one further and say a low and slow dry (fridge) is the best possible tasting bud. There just isn't anything that comes close to low and slow.
Anyways just wondering why you are dead set on water curing for your grow?

Don't be afraid of harvesting the buds that are ready and letting the ones that aren't continue too.
The thing is from what I've read (could totally be a bro science too), that cutting buds from the plant before harvest is going to stress her out in a very critical time (the last weeks of flowering) so what do you think?

Doesn't water curing completely destroy the terpene profile and all the oils ? Why would you want to water cure as opposed to cure normally and retain as much of the terpene profile as possible? I'd go one further and say a low and slow dry (fridge) is the best possible tasting bud. There just isn't anything that comes close to low and slow.
If the question was for me, then I'm not dead set by any means, the topic just went into the direction of water curing and i found it interesting, but definitely the slow curing is the main thing I'm going to do at least for the first time for the bulk of my harvest

Good choice. Better to learn conventional curing first before throwing your harvest into water. Bud washing is something I do whenever possible. Sometimes I just have too much so I wash the biggest and best. Still have a while to read up and learn what's actually going on while curing. Must Say again that's a really nice looking plant you have .

Good choice. Better to learn conventional curing first before throwing your harvest into water. Bud washing is something I do whenever possible. Sometimes I just have too much so I wash the biggest and best. Still have a while to read up and learn what's actually going on while curing. Must Say again that's a really nice looking plant you have .
Yes, i feel it's always a safe bet to do things the "classical way" first before any experimenting.
And thanks alot, i hope she will give me enough yield till the time i decide to flower the clone.

Mostly for when you want a stealth smoke. Terpenes will be lost, but not oils. You will also increase the thc concentration due to plant material loss.

Anything that remove terpenes is bad IMO. Slow and low curing ftw.
Right. Hundreds of years of air curing has worked quite well. I manicure, hang in well ventilated, dark area until the stem snaps. I then cure gradually in large, glass jars over a period of a few weeks, releasing air from jars for an hour or two, and moving buds around to remove moisture. Wonderful scents, and smooth smoke.

To each his own. I totally understand the "remove terpenes = BAD" argument and it's a valid possition and I understand that propper handling will take care of most things, but salts don't evaporate. Water curing enables you to achieve another level of bud purity, but you can also introduce terpenes again during curing (I tested this recently using lemon zest).

Personally, I enjoy water curing enough to forgo terpenes. I'm enjoying it more after adding terpenes by myself.

To each his own. I totally understand the "remove terpenes = BAD" argument and it's a valid possition and I understand that propper handling will take care of most things, but salts don't evaporate. Water curing enables you to achieve another level of bud purity, but you can also introduce terpenes again during curing (I tested this recently using lemon zest).

Personally, I enjoy water curing enough to forgo terpenes. I'm enjoying it more after adding terpenes by myself.
Sorry bebecillo for the noob question, but would you mind telling me more about re-introducing terpenes, and can it be done also regardless for doing water curing first or not (enhancing or adding terpenes throughout the normal curing method)

You need an airtight container, a smaller container you can put within and dry buds (no need to be cured, just dry enough that branches break if you snap them). What I did was zest some lemon (just the skin, as that contains the oils, not the white part nor the pulp), put the zest in the small container and arrange my budds around said container. Be sure to avoid any direct contact, because you don't want dry lemon zest on your cannabis.

The buds will absorb the humidity from the zest, terpenes included, so you're gonna need to burp the jar and leave the zest between 24 and 48 hours. This will be a trial and error step, but the more cycles you make, more terpenes will be absorbed by your buds. In my case, buds got a strong lemon smell, then the smell went away (as water evaporated) and now when I grind my bud the smell comes back.

Fresh, quality fruit, will bring the best smell. Don't go overboard and experiment in small batches first. Zest shouldn't go in water if you're water curing due to cross contamination and because removing the zest will be a pain in the ass.

Greetings!

You need an airtight container, a smaller container you can put within and dry buds (no need to be cured, just dry enough that branches break if you snap them). What I did was zest some lemon (just the skin, as that contains the oils, not the white part nor the pulp), put the zest in the small container and arrange my budds around said container. Be sure to avoid any direct contact, because you don't want dry lemon zest on your cannabis.

The buds will absorb the humidity from the zest, terpenes included, so you're gonna need to burp the jar and leave the zest between 24 and 48 hours. This will be a trial and error step, but the more cycles you make, more terpenes will be absorbed by your buds. In my case, buds got a strong lemon smell, then the smell went away (as water evaporated) and now when I grind my bud the smell comes back.

Fresh, quality fruit, will bring the best smell. Don't go overboard and experiment in small batches first. Zest shouldn't go in water if you're water curing due to cross contamination and because removing the zest will be a pain in the ass.

Greetings!
Wow, Can't thank you enough for this thorough reply!
Saved and to be tried hopefully in my next grow.
Thanks alot bro

Back
Top Bottom