How many weeks left? Sinai landrace

Bibo2222

420 Member
Hello everyone,

This is my first grow and I couldn't have done it without reading and asking here in this forum so thanks in advance.

I'm growing a sinai landrace strain and she has been in flowering for 38 days now.
As it's my first grow I'm really not sure when should i start using water only to flush her and how many days left till i harvest.
I've added some photos for a you to assess.

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_124036.jpg
    IMG_20200508_124036.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20200508_123936.jpg
    IMG_20200508_123936.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20200508_123743.jpg
    IMG_20200508_123743.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20200508_123720.jpg
    IMG_20200508_123720.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20200508_123711.jpg
    IMG_20200508_123711.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200508_123706.jpg
    IMG_20200508_123706.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20200508_123539.jpg
    IMG_20200508_123539.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20200508_123519.jpg
    IMG_20200508_123519.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20200508_083251.jpg
    IMG_20200508_083251.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20200508_083224.jpg
    IMG_20200508_083224.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 172
Thanks bro.
I just want to harvest it at peak THC and have this cerebral high with a minimum couch potato high.
And if i would harvest in 2 weeks,shouldn't i started using only water with no nutes after a week from now(growing in coco?

I wouldn’t, it won’t make a difference in the taste/smoke of the bud so why starve the girl for her last 2 weeks of life. Flushing before harvest is old “bro science”.

The only time you should flush is if you see signs of nute stress in your girls telling you that you have excess salt buildup in your soil.

I wouldn’t, it won’t make a difference in the taste/smoke of the bud so why starve the girl for her last 2 weeks of life. Flushing before harvest is old “bro science”.

The only time you should flush is if you see signs of nute stress in your girls telling you that you have excess salt buildup in your soil.
Now you've made it so much easier for me to harvest.
So the curing would take care of the supposedly nutrient build up inside the buds (if that's not a bro science too)

The curing takes care of the taste & harshness. No need to flush. You might want to try Bud Washing though. It sounds really good. I'll be doing it for the 1st time in a couple weeks when I harvest.
So is it a Sativa you're growing ? I'm guessing Sativa because you said you want a head high & not a couch lock high like most Indica's give you. So you really just want mostly cloudy Triches with a little Amber in them. The more Amber the more couch lock in most cases. I'd say in 2 weeks you should be right where you want to be.

The curing takes care of the taste & harshness. No need to flush. You might want to try Bud Washing though. It sounds really good. I'll be doing it for the 1st time in a couple weeks when I harvest.
So is it a Sativa you're growing ? I'm guessing Sativa because you said you want a head high & not a couch lock high like most Indica's give you. So you really just want mostly cloudy Triches with a little Amber in them. The more Amber the more couch lock in most cases. I'd say in 2 weeks you should be right where you want to be.
Thanks alot buddy for this info.
Yes it's a sativa and I'm looking exactly for the cloudy /amber ratio you described.
Bud washing sounds really interesting, and I've found a some YouTube tutorials so maybe I'll give it a try.
Hope your first bud washing goes really well ans have some tasty buds at the end :D

Thanks alot buddy for this info.
Yes it's a sativa and I'm looking exactly for the cloudy /amber ratio you described.
Bud washing sounds really interesting, and I've found a some YouTube tutorials so maybe I'll give it a try.
Hope your first bud washing goes really well ans have some tasty buds at the end :D
Myself, I'm a heavy hitter couch lock weed guy. I never even check Triches until I have 50 - 60% red hairs. Then I start watching for it to get 50 - 70% amber before I harvest. I feel like I got teased when I only get a head high. Most the time I don't even think it was any good unless I feel it through my whole body. Probably because I was a heroine addict 20 years ago so I'm looking for a high as close to that as I can get. I have to admit, I love a heroine high but hate what it does to a person.
Therefore I stay far away from it & those who use because I don't want to go back to that lifestyle.

Myself, I'm a heavy hitter couch lock weed guy. I never even check Triches until I have 50 - 60% red hairs. Then I start watching for it to get 50 - 70% amber before I harvest. I feel like I got teased when I only get a head high. Most the time I don't even think it was any good unless I feel it through my whole body. Probably because I was a heroine addict 20 years ago so I'm looking for a high as close to that as I can get. I have to admit, I love a heroine high but hate what it does to a person.
Therefore I stay far away from it & those who use because I don't want to go back to that lifestyle.
My total respect and admiration for having the will power to defeat your addiction (I raise my hat for you sir).
Body high is nice but it's all what I've been experiencing lately so mainly head high would break the routine :D.

Stay strong buddy and keep growing awesome buds.

For landrace sativa I usually go with 80% cloudy and thethe rest a Mix of clear and Amber. Usually first sign of Amber on the buds I chop. All personal preference. Plant looks great. Probably.in the 2 to 3 week range possibly longer.
Have you ever grown the Sinai landrace strain before or was it a different landrace sativa??

Amber already started to appear, one or two here and there scattered on sugar leaves(some buds and leaves doesn't have amber at all, just a mixture of cloudy and clear). I think I'll stick to the 2 weeks plan then chop it off.
Time for me to learn about drying and curing for the next couple of weeks i guess.

Have you ever grown the Sinai landrace strain before or was it a different landrace sativa??

Amber already started to appear, one or two here and there scattered on sugar leaves(some buds and leaves doesn't have amber at all, just a mixture of cloudy and clear). I think I'll stick to the 2 weeks plan then chop it off.
Time for me to learn about drying and curing for the next couple of weeks i guess.
Not Sinai but many many landraces. Pretty much all I grow. :)

I agree with another 2 weeks or so to get the best out of her. Solitary amber trichs can misleading. If any trichs are damaged by handling they’ll change color.
I'll let her finish for another 2 weeks and hopefully she would gain some considerable weight.
And interesting that trichomes changes color due to bad handling, thanks for this info cannafish!!!

Water curing is another alternative to bud washing that gets rid of salt buildup and lots of cellulose in the plant, giving you a silk-like smoke, but you will lose terpens and fragance
Curing is just getting more and more interesting since i started this thread hahahaha.
Time for some reading about watering curing as well.
Have you tried it the bud washing also before or just the water curing?

I live in a tiny apt, so I cut the buds when I harvest and go straight for the water. Another "flash curing" I've done is boil the fresh nugs 2-5 times in water (depending on how many nutes you have), changing the water after each boil. This will soften the plant and decarb the THC, but won't destroy it.

Air dry a couple hours, finish drying in a rice cooker @ "keep warm" preset.

I live in a tiny apt, so I cut the buds when I harvest and go straight for the water. Another "flash curing" I've done is boil the fresh nugs 2-5 times in water (depending on how many nutes you have), changing the water after each boil. This will soften the plant and decarb the THC, but won't destroy it.

Air dry a couple hours, finish drying in a rice cooker @ "keep warm" preset.
Sounds like a fast way to get rid of any contaminates!
Does it have any added benefits compared ro bud washing using hydrogen peroxide or water curing?
Also do you cure them after they dry for the usual 2 to 3 weeks period again?

Back
Top Bottom