How should my plant be looking at this stage?

xNewbieGroweRx

420 Member
Hey guys, hope you having a good time.
its my first time growing, I used bag seeds that seemed to be in good conditions. I'm now ignorant in terms and stuff due to that I've done tons of research on growing and feel fairly confident but as all of us, I've doubts because I had never done this before. So, my plant has been growing about 2 weeks from seedling now and yesterday I applied LST on my baby(ill attach some images so you guys can see). My doubt is pretty simple, is my plant okay? what are you comments on it ? is she too short?( she has 5 nodes ) . Also, I've been using half cool day light and half warm white light on my clf's as i understand it isn't that important as long as you have the most amount of wattage available -- 180w of a bounch of 23w clf's. My temperature has been around 20-30 degrees always( mostly on the 26). my grow box is 40cm width x 70cm length x 120cm height.
Any recommendations you guys could give me would be much appreciated.
Much love & peace.
for soil medium i used canna terra pro + 30% perlite/

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 163
  • Capture12.PNG
    Capture12.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 172
  • capture 10.jpg
    capture 10.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 165
  • capture 11.jpg
    capture 11.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 156
Size wise she's perfect but you're getting some sort of lock out mate. Not a soil grower though so can't help. :(
that’s very sad to hear, I did notice that the fan leaves are growing big and the main stem looks thick and strong but the gap between nodes is very small compared to the many plants I’ve seen in pictures.
Thank you for the reply.
Ill keep digging up to see what I find to help her.
Some advice would be awesome if anyone knows

that’s very sad to hear, I did notice that the fan leaves are growing big and the main stem looks thick and strong but the gap between nodes is very small compared to the many plants I’ve seen in pictures.
Thank you for the reply.
Ill keep digging up to see what I find to help her.
Some advice would be awesome if anyone knows
Okay it must be becuase I’m high Rn lmao, so I didn’t realise you didn’t tell me the reason of the lock out so I went back and look at the plant and yes the bottom leaves are a bit burnt but it’s not the ph, that is light burn... stupid mistake... the lights were not tied correctly and the moved a bit closer to the plant over night :( . I just did what I could

Attachments

• 717DB7E7-DFBA-47FC-BD2B-A3D49F1B6052.jpeg
    717DB7E7-DFBA-47FC-BD2B-A3D49F1B6052.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 122
Okay it must be becuase I’m high Rn lmao, so I didn’t realise you didn’t tell me the reason of the lock out so I went back and look at the plant and yes the bottom leaves are a bit burnt but it’s not the ph, that is light burn... stupid mistake... the lights were not tied correctly and the moved a bit closer to the plant over night :( . I just did what I could
So in this case, is my plant alright? also, for how long do you guys think I should veg it for ? i want to get at least 2-3 oz out of my plant ( I know the strain is the key factor when it comes to a big quality harvest) and well if it gets any higher than that I would be very pleased for my first grow. I'm thinking of using a SCROG, is it too complicated to attempt on my first grow and stick just to LST? or should I use both combine + lollipoping before switching her onto 12/12? Should i wait until my plant shows slight sings of deficiency to feed her some nutrients (using Lucas formula as I've heard its the best for beginners) .
thank you again guys, much love.

Hey guys, hope you having a good time.
its my first time growing, I used bag seeds that seemed to be in good conditions. I'm now ignorant in terms and stuff due to that I've done tons of research on growing and feel fairly confident but as all of us, I've doubts because I had never done this before. So, my plant has been growing about 2 weeks from seedling now and yesterday I applied LST on my baby(ill attach some images so you guys can see). My doubt is pretty simple, is my plant okay? what are you comments on it ? is she too short?( she has 5 nodes ) . Also, I've been using half cool day light and half warm white light on my clf's as i understand it isn't that important as long as you have the most amount of wattage available -- 180w of a bounch of 23w clf's. My temperature has been around 20-30 degrees always( mostly on the 26). my grow box is 40cm width x 70cm length x 120cm height.
Any recommendations you guys could give me would be much appreciated.
Much love & peace.
for soil medium i used canna terra pro + 30% perlite/
could be wrong here,I'm thinking potassium deficiency

I would give em clear water for right now to wash out any salts, check your soil pH, and make sure your nutrients are pH'd. Still young but looking good. Maybe back the light off a bit to let them relax for a few days while they clear up. No more than 48 hours.

Thank you for your comment.
I haven’t used any nutrients at all yet. I give her tab water which I let rest for about a day to let the chlorine go away, then I adjust the ph to 6-6.8. I try to make it slightly different each time as I’ve read that different ph’s mean better absorption of different nutrients . I would love to know when I should start feeding her some nutrients or know the signs of when I should start.

Thank you for your comment.
I haven’t used any nutrients at all yet. I give her tab water which I let rest for about a day to let the chlorine go away, then I adjust the ph to 6-6.8. I try to make it slightly different each time as I’ve read that different ph’s mean better absorption of different nutrients . I would love to know when I should start feeding her some nutrients or know the signs of when I should start.
Your pH should be pretty consistent. Since you are growing in soil there will be some buffer effect. Don't try to change your pH for a greater effect, just keep it a solid a 6.5 and let your soil do the buffering.

Your pH should be pretty consistent. Since you are growing in soil there will be some buffer effect. Don't try to change your pH for a greater effect, just keep it a solid a 6.5 and let your soil do the buffering.
I'll implement that from now on.
Thank you very much for your advice

Your plants look really awesome for what you have. Do you have any plans to upgrade the lighting from CFL when they start to flower?
Ive been thinking about it but i do not know which Led's i should get, i was scrolling through amazon and came across some pretty expensive ones and some real cheap ones so i dont know which one to believe in.
I was looking at this one but i dont know if it would be enough or too much. How far away would my plants have to be from this light?

Ive been thinking about it but i do not know which Led's i should get, i was scrolling through amazon and came across some pretty expensive ones and some real cheap ones so i dont know which one to believe in. VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series R300 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower: Amazon.com.au: Lighting
I was looking at this one but i dont know if it would be enough or too much. How far away would my plants have to be from this light?
Gotta be careful with LED light names since the website does sponsor some companies. I recently became a fan of LED after using T5 and HIDs for the past decade. Simple story is, there is no clear answer as to how far way you should put your lights. Some will argue that HID is better, some will argue LED is better. I have found it to be user preference. Myself personally? I've become a fan of LED. I do small grows and for your mileage, the LED seems to be working amazing.

The plant is coming along :thumb: when you purchase your lights the manual should tell you how far to place them. I never place any light closer than 9 inches to my plants. I also check with the back of my hand on top the plant, it if it is hot, I move the light higher... During the stretch you'll probably move your lights daily.

Cheers!

The plant is coming along :thumb: when you purchase your lights the manual should tell you how far to place them. I never place any light closer than 9 inches to my plants. I also check with the back of my hand on top the plant, it if it is hot, I move the light higher... During the stretch you'll probably move your lights daily.

Cheers!
so would the LED's from amazon work( )? how many plants could i grow with this ?

I don't run VIPARSPECTRA LEDS... 300W should be good for 1 or 2 plants; I figure, I utilize custom made 1000W X 2 to grow 4 plants; which is the legal limit at my Canadian location... I grow them big & tend to produce decent quality & yield. The set up includes 8 X 8 grow tent, exhaust fan, circulating air fan and heather for temp and humidity control.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom