How to grow autos?

Good morning, hope all are well. So I just got my shipment of autoflowers seeds and I have no idea how to grow them. I know germination and the start is the same, but every where I look online is giving me contradictive answers. So my questions are how do I set the light schedule for autoflowers and do they need a special feed cycle?

Good morning, hope all are well. So I just got my shipment of autoflowers seeds and I have no idea how to grow them. I know germination and the start is the same, but every where I look online is giving me contradictive answers. So my questions are how do I set the light schedule for autoflowers and do they need a special feed cycle?
Hey Happy hope your having a good day.
Try @GeoFlora Nutrients can't go wrong.
No special feeding just let them eat what ever they want.
Great product easy to use.
Oh yeah 24 hr to start, then as stated 20/4 till you turn your lights out for 36hr pre harvest.

Stay safe
Bill

Looks like you've gotten some great advice! And yup, I blast my light 24hrs till pistils pop, then around that time I switch to an 18/6 for lightning.
Anything over 18hrs a day min will get you towards max yield side. No special feeding, let the plant guide you on its needs.

This is a loose guide I follow:

Hiya HH - read up on your strains so you know whether to expect stretch, if they respond well to topping/LST etc
That's my starting point and I pretty much always top at node 3-4, no LST required
I usually run the lights @ 16/8 to reduce the power bill and the amount of watering required, also allows for a cool period - I know this is not as recommended but the rules aren't set in stone
I also start [weak] feeding them almost immediately since autos are all about maxing out the veg stage and you only have a few weeks to do that
What have you got there anyway, friend?

I would suggest growing them in coco watered everyday and fed 1/4 strength nutrients everyday.
4 gallon fabric pots
20/4 light schedule
Plant straight into 4 gallon final pot.
The first 3 weeks is most critical.
So I'm not firmiliar with coco...I'm using Happy frog from ff with %40+- perlite added.... But thank you I will take everyone's input and apply to my grow as best as I can. Are they're any weird quirks that can arise with autos?

So I'm not firmiliar with coco...I'm using Happy frog from ff with %40+- perlite added.... But thank you I will take everyone's input and apply to my grow as best as I can. Are they're any weird quirks that can arise with autos?
Autos are nothing but weird quirks.

I personally hate them and will never grow them again.
Thats largely because my set up is totally geared for photo-periods.
If I set up solely for growing autos i image they would be pretty decent.
That would be like at least 10, 4 gallon fabric pots full of coco with a little pumice and a handful of Pre-charged Biochar as soon as it stunts rip it out and plant another.
But I really like my particular method of growing as IMO it both produces the highest quality and does so with the least problems.
So I'll stick with photo-period

Autos are nothing but weird quirks.

I personally hate them and will never grow them again.
Thats largely because my set up is totally geared for photo-periods.
If I set up solely for growing autos i image they would be pretty decent.
That would be like at least 10, 4 gallon fabric pots full of coco with a little pumice and a handful of Pre-charged Biochar as soon as it stunts rip it out and plant another.
But I really like my particular method of growing as IMO it both produces the highest quality and does so with the least problems.
So I'll stick with photo-period
I've never grown autos before but figured why not....and since they don't need any weird lighting or anything i figure I can't mess it up lol. But when I finally complete something in dirt I'll try other methods....so for now keeping it simple.

I have three photos going currently one I'm waiting on sex and the other two are femenized. And my last that hermied was a photo as well....so that's all I've known to.

Back
Top Bottom