How To Grow With LEDs

Interesting, so you start using UVB just when the trichs are starting to form? I'm on day 14 of flowering and wondering when I should start to use my 10% UVB CFLs. They would reduce temps since they would replace 11,200 lumens/168 watts of 2700K with 2,640 lumens/104 watts of 10% UVB. Trying to figure out what effect the trade-off of 2700K lights versus UVB will have on my ladies.

Here is a quick comparison that represents 3 day's growth in my little garden:

10-10-13
The_girls_10_10_13.JPG

and 3 days later, 10-13-13
sisters_10_13_13.JPG

Interesting, so you start using UVB just when the trichs are starting to form? I'm on day 14 of flowering and wondering when I should start to use my 10% UVB CFLs. They would reduce temps since they would replace 11,200 lumens/168 watts of 2700K with 2,640 lumens/104 watts of 10% UVB. Trying to figure out what effect the trade-off of 2700K lights versus UVB will have on my ladies.

I don't think using UVB is in lieu of using your other lights. They are only supposed to be supplemental. I may be wrong, but using a UVB instead of your regular lights might kill your plants.

I don't think using UVB is in lieu of using your other lights. They are only supposed to be supplemental. I may be wrong, but using a UVB instead of your regular lights might kill your plants.

The UVB CFLs will only be replacing a portion of my 2700K lighting. That is why I am thinking of waiting until later in flowering once the buds have developed further before I add the UVB bulbs. I would still have 25,200 lumens/418 watts of 2700K lighting if I use the UVB CFLs I talked about in previous post.

The UVB is supplemental to the LED you should use both at the same time

but make sure when using uv 10% bulbs to move them around or ur plants will get sun burn :) ~geturgrowon!

Thanks for the suggestion geturgrowon! I already rotate my ladies a quarter turn every morning so that they get sidelit evenly. I'm hoping that will be enough to keep them from getting burnt under the UVB CFLs.

also how long do you plan to have your uv bulb on per day i like to have it in the last 3 weeks before harvest so that it can help with crystal production and they r set for 1-2 hours per day when: first one hour or 5 hours before night night. and at the same time i pump the plant with carbs and fatter uppers

Well, I currently have 8 42-watt 2700K CFL bulbs around the perimeter of my grow box, 2 in each corner. I was planning on replacing one CFL in each corner with a 26-watt 10% UVB CFL bulb. The range of each bulb is 20" and I figured they would provide enough coverage for the four ladies I have in flower. This works out to be ~20% of the total wattage of my overall flowering light setup. I was thinking that they would be on for the entire 12 hour light cycle each day for the last 2 weeks of flower. I don't want to burn then just increase resin production, but as this is my first grow, the actual number of UVB CFLs and the duration of their use all depends on how my ladies react to them.

iv been told by other fellow growers and myself that it can be hard on the plant when using a uvb for more then 2 hours per day and low height but im sure u will find out :) it all about learning right ?

Can anyone help me to identify if I have a problem developing? At the tips of the leaves I am getting some browning. Take a look, my light is LED and is 18-20 inches above the plants. I was under the impression that LEDs cant "burn" a plant the same as an HID can...

IMG_098017.jpg

IMG_097914.jpg

IMG_097816.jpg

Can anyone help me to identify if I have a problem developing? At the tips of the leaves I am getting some browning. Take a look, my light is LED and is 18-20 inches above the plants. I was under the impression that LEDs cant "burn" a plant the same as an HID can...

All I see is one little dot, I would not worry. And it does look like nute burn, here is what bleaching looks like, from my grow(sorry focus sucks, but I think get the idea)...

Bleaching.JPG

Got confirmation I will be testing another LED light from our sponsor budmaster II 675xg it is 150% more powerful than a 600watt hid at 400Watts actual power draw I'm excited to see what this light can do, I'm still testing the mars2 I'm getting ready to flower a sour diesel#2 that's Ben ubt'd and is now in a 7 gal smartpot of mineralized coco and tightly strapped to a tomato cage is in the 5th week of veg I'm shooting for 1 gpw this time with 1 plant, the 675xg will be a direct swap for my 600 in the 4x4x7ft tent, I will start a new thread dedicated to that light

Back
Top Bottom