How to plump up those buds

KEVOD

This is what i have going on in my 5x5. 1 plant but been scrog to fill the whole space. Added a pict of my top buds this is what most look like. Some trichomes have changed color but not all. Question is if I leave them longer how much longer? Will another week fatten them up?
Snapchat-997304792.jpg
Snapchat-218747974.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1954348933.jpg
    Snapchat-1954348933.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 110
This is what i have going on in my 5x5. 1 plant but been scrog to fill the whole space. Added a pict of my top buds this is what most look like. Some trichomes have changed color but not all. Question is if I leave them longer how much longer? Will another week fatten them up?
Hi @KEVOD and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
These plants are not yet ripe. As long as you have white pistils at the top of the buds, she is still flowering. The trichomes, the real indicators of ripeness, are the crystals that are forming on the leaves and the bud. You will need a loupe to see what colors they have turned. The pistils (the hairs) may have mostly all turned colors, but that can happen well before the bud is ready. As long as you see new white pistils, she is not ready.
I would guess from all that I can see in that red light, that you are still at least a week, maybe 2, away from harvest. The last 2 weeks is when a lot of the bud building happens too, so yes, they will fatten up some more. Be patient, get a loupe to look at the trichomes, and she will finish up.

You've got a decent amount of time left bud. Keep em happy, keep em fed and you'll see them bulk over the next couple weeks. Do you use bottled nutrients? If so are you using a end flower booster? Also there's a technique by a guy here called @Light Addict the technique is called back building. Although I think you may be a little too far gone it's still worth you having a look at. There is a thread knocking about round here on the subject... 2 secs

You've got a decent amount of time left bud. Keep em happy, keep em fed and you'll see them bulk over the next couple weeks. Do you use bottled nutrients? If so are you using a end flower booster? Also there's a technique by a guy here called @Light Addict the technique is called back building. Although I think you may be a little too far gone it's still worth you having a look at. There is a thread knocking about round here on the subject... 2 secs
Yes I use the fox farms flowering builder

its a good suggestion for next time, but you really want to do the backbuilding cut at the start of your 5th week. Doing it now is not going to be very beneficial.
Here is an example of what will happen.

a regular bud​
a backbuilt bud​
DSCF7517.JPG
DSCF7458.JPG

Keep an eye on the trichs on the bud, the ones on the sugar leaves that you are showing may turn before the ones on the bud.

Back
Top Bottom