How to upgrade an old model Mars 600?

Barney86

Hi guys, as the title suggests, I'm looking to upgrade my 1st model mars 600s. I've got 5 of them I'm not using right now so fancy having a shot at DIY.

Google is a confusing clusterfuck of info and the way things are written is giving me some sort of brain damage.

Has anybody ever upgraded an at least similar blurple light to COB without setting fire to anything, that wouldn't mind pulling out the sock puppets for me?

I'm not "technically inclined" as I like to put it so I need someone to say...
Buy this, that and the next thing.
Red wire cut it. Stick it to the big blue box thing etc.
I'm a demo to trade so more used to smashing shit up than building it. Computer techno jargon is no good for me lol.

If anyone would be so kind as to help a brother out or provide a link to something I can understand it would be greatly appreciated.

Theyre 250w +/-5%. Of the 6, I had 1 tested by a sparky and he told me it was 245w give or take so gotta assume that's pretty accurate.

I know it's a lot to ask but I can't bring myself to just ditch them and buy new ones. I spend waaay too much on this stuff as it is.
And your new friend will have plenty of cracking cob sets lying about which is never a bad thing lol.

my point on another post is people should be steered away from ever purchasing these type of cheap leds in the first place.
sorry but giving them to a beginner so they dont get ripped off and put in your same situation is probably the best karmic answer to your problem
id make sure you have homeowners insurance before planning on making modifications and then using the light lol
jk jk, kinda

my point on another post is people should be steered away from ever purchasing these type of cheap leds in the first place.
sorry but giving them to a beginner so they dont get ripped off and put in your same situation is probably the best karmic answer to your problem
id make sure you have homeowners insurance before planning on making modifications and then using the light lol
jk jk, kinda
They're good lights mate. There's my second ever plant done under 2 of them. 500 actual watts of mars hydros oldest model light in a 1sqm tent.
Technically speaking they're some of the worst LEDs available and about 10 year old tech but they still gave me 22oz from an auto.
Can't really argue much with that lol.
Put 400w of cob in that space though and she wouldve been much, much bigger.
I've seen people do the upgrade. Just can't understand the techno nonesense to figure out what I need or how to fit it but It's safe enough like.
I did have 8 of them spare but a grower on another forum helped me out with something else so now I have 6 and another 2 that are In use elsewhere.
More than happy to help folks out and I do in various ways but not about to just hand out lights to noobs willy nilly. When I meet people in need I take a shine too I do share my spares though.

Attachments

• 3D1126A1-7D2C-45EF-BD23-16FA08F61568.jpeg
    3D1126A1-7D2C-45EF-BD23-16FA08F61568.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 128
:lot-o-toke: You can DIY the lights, but please notice it will also invalided the warranty; If you like the white lights, you can check out our TS light or SP lights, all very efficient like 2.3~2.45umol/j :D

Back
Top Bottom