How to yield 3lbs in a 6 x 6 metal shed

@Buds Buddy yeah and itll be in a dwc so like 5 6 weeks of veg in dwc and 2 plants can get me to at least 3 pounds if vegged long enough ( I think 5 weeks would be good of course depending how it does it real world and not in theory)

Also I have to wait until june 4th for my last package so if I can cancel this shed order which has not even sent me a tracking number since I bought it 8 days ago I SHOULD be good im gonna bug them all day tomorrow till I find out if its canceled if it is. FIrst thing ill do is update you guys and start to building . gives me something to do until the 4th

@Buds Buddy yeah and itll be in a dwc so like 5 6 weeks of veg in dwc and 2 plants can get me to at least 3 pounds if vegged long enough ( I think 5 weeks would be good of course depending how it does it real world and not in theory)
I'm not sure how DWC produces just yet. I have 2 DWC bucket set ups I just bought to go along with my 3 pot XL Auto pot system that I'll be trying out on my next grow for the 1st time. I've only done soil & Coco grows over the past 3 years so this will be new ground for me.

I have some pics of the grow shed I built in this journal if you want to get some ideas.
2: Photo's / Soil / Mars Hydro Grow
It's the grow I'm currently finishing up. Then I can move my stuff to the shed & test it out. If everything tests well I should be starting a new grow a few days later.

@Buds Buddy thanks bro ill check it out for sure. Also for the wood what did you use for the walls and sealant...
It's called Hardiboard. If you look it up on Home Depot it's under Hard Board. 3/16" is about $8 - $9 a sheet. Looks good & doesn't even have to be painted. The sealant is called Tuff Stuff Foam Sealant. Walmart is cheapest at $2.87 per can. 3-4 can at most is all you'll need. Maybe not even that if you're building from scratch. I repaired a beat to hell shed that was already here.

It's called Hardiboard. If you look it up on Home Depot it's under Hard Board. 3/16" is about $8 - $9 a sheet. Looks good & doesn't even have to be painted. The sealant is called Tuff Stuff Foam Sealant. Walmart is cheapest at $2.87 per can. 3-4 can at most is all you'll need. Maybe not even that if you're building from scratch. I repaired a beat to hell shed that was already here.
Yeah I know hardibacker , easily snaps , when I use to work with wood I know about hardi because I tried one time to carry it from the middle and SNAP!! But I didnt think of that, good idea bro

Success I canceled the shed and am building my own shed. 2 x 4 x 8 , radiant barrier for insulation and keeping temps down, white walls, An AC unit for the temps to be kept at a good range. Im looking up and calling up my hardware stores for the materials, tomorrow I expect to pickup the materials and update you guys.

I suggest one of the strai
OK I WILL BE GOING WITH A RDWC AND UPDATE YOU GUYS WHEN MY STUFF GETS HERE(JUNE 6TH SHOULD BE WHEN MY LAST PACKAGE GETS HERE) Ill set up the grow and then keep you guys updated on my progress. Also any nutrients or full nutrient kits like the part A and Part B kits..? Oh one more thing I only like INDICA so any high yielding strains that are potent , you guys recommend ? Ill look some up too but for now critical kush , blue dream are possible options.
My favourite strain is Blueberry Kush.

Another option for exterior walls is "smart panel". Comes in 4x8', easier to work with than hardi and cheaper. You shouldn't need any tuff stuff if you insulate the corners before installing siding since you can't get to it from inside. Put lots of receptacles (plugs) and preferably 2 circuits. Chiller is a must for rdwc.

OK i been busy so I could not reply soon, but thanks for all the advice I read through about 60% of the new comments there was sure a lot of them but ill finish them after this message. Here check this out its the material I got ( $530 bucks at home depot). Basically im making a 8 x 4 x 6 tall shed that will be filled with 3 dwc totes (18 gallon). Intake fan with filter and exhaust fan with carbon air filter. , DIY air cooler from this guy on on youtube
That diy air cooler will be in a good cooler so the cold lasts, then insulate it in a box and fix everything compact , then run then fan to a duct and into my grow space, .. Led lights I have a 480 watt kingbrite and a 240 watt kingbrite both with infared(660nm reds), uv and 3000k light warmth , I also got 3 mixjoy led lights that are 150 watts each and have these specs check it out... That will be supplemental light if I need them. Oh for veg 12 strips of 6000k or 6500k I forget but I need to order them because there like 80 for them all and Ill have some 2 x 3/s to frame these up with to make it span the whole shed. Oh and I got radiant barrier for the reflective walls but I also have a bright white primer to reflect the light off the shed. A canopy I may buy too just for shade , it has not been hot here in south cali yet but I hope this deep solar minimum works in favor of my first grow lol.

Attachments

• 2 X 4 's.jpg
    2 X 4 's.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 47
  • cropped kingbrite.png
    cropped kingbrite.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Tile one.jpg
    Tile one.jpg
    684.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Tile 3.jpg
    Tile 3.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Sheets of plywood.jpg
    Sheets of plywood.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200524_191527.jpg
    20200524_191527.jpg
    684.2 KB · Views: 43
UPDATE: I dont have pictures because I forgot to take them but I will take pictures on my progress on the shed. I got the foundation , base for the shed now I need to build the walls and I finished one of them today but ill finish this in 4 days tops.. Oh and my lights, it took less than 2 weeks for my light to get here, im to lazy to check but if I had to guess id say a 10 days total from china to my door in Cali. Oh also I am doing a diy air cooler I found from a youtube video ill let you guys know how well that works because the guy said it cooled down his 12 foot room that makes me happy knowing I have a 8 x 3.5 x 6 shed(length , width , height)

Attachments

• small kingbrite for forum.jpg
    small kingbrite for forum.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Small kingbrite pic for forum.jpg
    Small kingbrite pic for forum.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200528_011404.jpg
    20200528_011404.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 38
Sorry about the delayed update but yeah 2 more days and ill be done I got all the sheets of plywood cut for the inside and just need to prime them and put screw it all in. Then the other lil platform is the additional room thats 4 long and 4 wide. This room will be for utility and storage or if I need to work on the plant. The main structure is 39 inches wide . 6 foot tall and 8 foot long. Width wise its enough for a big plant maybe a lil small but it should work. and length/height wise I should be good with an indica , scrog and topping. I also may change my hydroponics into living soil I started looking into it and one im all excited and researching all about it and I learned a lot. Its not only very efficient when you get it going but the plant get what it wants as opposed to force feeding. Granted the grow time is slower but the money you save by using the same soil is another pro compared to traditional soil or hydro. So any tips on that would great be appreciated remember I want to grow pound plants. so 3 of them. do you think itll fit in that space I have??? Be critical and blunt its ok I want to learn and im not sensitive so let me hear your advice thank you guys and ill keep you updated.

Got the roof in , the side walls with mylar material, completely sealed inside an from the outside. Now I just need to cut the sheets of plywood for the siding for the small 4 x 4 attachment room an attach them to the framing an ill be done. Hopefully by this weekend. I'm gonna order the seeds soon some critical kush or Northern lights. Any recommendations on strong indicators with high yields in going for 3lbs in this space (7.5ft long x 3 ft wide x 6 feet tall) got 1000 watts in led light 3000k ,all 1k watts of those lights have IR an only 600 watts have the LG uv light which I read may or may not increase resin production so ill see because I'll grow all 1 strain an have the UV lights next to each other an the other 2 lights covering another plant to see if there is a difference.

Attachments

• 20200611_203149.jpg
    20200611_203149.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 34
Good and bad news. Bad news is I wont be using this shed and I spent 600 bucks on it all but the good news is im moving houses an now will move my grow to a garage. Of course this shed will be used for something maybe some blueberries and other fruits/vegetables. But with patience you guys will see me hook up that garage

Back
Top Bottom