How's my first grow looking?

OGbowers

First grow attempt with sunblaster t5 6500k & 5, 2700k 23w CFL's.
Nirvana seeds Jock Horror auto.
About 7 weeks into flower.
420-magazine-mobile43796803.jpg

420-magazine-mobile639375697.jpg

420-magazine-mobile202078136.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1292181091.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2123688145.jpg

420-magazine-mobile867222593.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1197519501.jpg

Looking for any tips on when to harvest?

Thanks!!

get yourself a 30 x jewelers loop or mini magnifier and start looking at the trichomes. As to what percentage of trichomes you want amber depends on what kind of high you are seeking. Myself I prefer a more uplifting high so when my plants hit about 10% of the trichomes amber and the rest a cloudy white, I harvest where as my brother on the other hand prefers a more stoney high, so he does not harvest until his plants are at about 25 to 30% amber. Or perhaps you are looking to have some killer couch lock weed, then I would suggest waiting till you are at least at 50% amber before harvest. The choice is all yours. Just do not wait until the amber trichomes start turning orange because that is the THC degrading.

As for how your 1st grow looks, she looks just dandy and I suspect you will have a nice little harvest ahead of you. If you do not know how to trim and cure your buds after you harvest them I would suggest you start reading up now so you do not screw it up at the very end and end up with smoke that tastes like smoking straw and is very harsh. It is not hard to do and there are thousands of videos out there explaining how to trim and cure your buds.

Enjoy, nice job:thumb:

I did cut the fan leaves off , not much experience. I thought when the fan leaves start turning yellow it's almost time to harvest? Thanks again for the helpful tips guys!

4 weeks at least. Takes longer with cfl.

Back
Top Bottom