Humidifier question

rehabilitatora420

hello there i have a problem with humidity and i need to get one to increase it my question is what kind to get and wher to place it my tent is small 60x60x160 cm im currently plan to plant 2 plants with 12l pots with this small size the floor is almost full only space on both sides like 10 cm on each if i get lets say 5l humidifier with cool mist i thinked to put outside the tent and connect it somehow with a pipe like the ac infinity one's on what position will be best the mist to be blown considering the small size the air is replaced with compleatly new one from outside my house pls help

376396894_3122989144661498_6876457376929559568_n.jpg

Maybe put it between the pots, upwards and have a small fan blowing downwards on the mist. I think as long as it has water in it it will keep the humid level. Are you pulling air from the top of the tent ?

What % is your humidity at? It's not absolutely necessary to have high humidity (60% - 70%) during veg. I run through Veg all the time with just 40% - 50% RH. I've found low RH during Veg doesn't hurt a thing. What you don't want & does matter is having high humidity during flower. IMO, those VPD charts are a crock of shit & are based on old school MH / HPS grows. I run all through Veg on under 50% RH with temps in the mid 80's & have no problem with growth or mold.

i have a problem with humidity and i need to get one to increase it my question is what kind to get and wher to place it my tent is small 60x60x160 cm im currently plan to plant 2 plants with 12l pots with this small size the floor is almost full
You have two problems actually, and both are easily solved before the seeds are planted.

It is harder to predict the humidity level in the tent based on the humidity in the room. Once the tent is closed up it becomes another environment with its own numbers. As @Buds Buddy mentioned a humidity of 40-50% while the plant is in a vegetating stage is not really bad. Do not bother to buy a humidifier. If the air is too dry at times it is possible to raise it if the tent is closed just by the water vapor that the plant will give off from the leaves. Or, a bowl of water placed in the tent is supposed to raise the humidity a bit as long as the tent is closed.

Do not worry about the humidity level until you have had a chance to have a healthy growing plant in the tent for several days. That way you can check the humidity level a couple of times a day to see just what the level is. If after a week or so the humidity is really bad then buy a humidifier and figure out the way to set it up.

Second thing is I noticed is that your tent is too small for two plants. Most agree that it is best to allow 60X60 cm (2ft X2ft) per plant. You have enough room for only one. In order to have two plants in there they would have to be trimmed so that they do not get any wider than the sides of the pots; probably best to be even smaller than that to allow for a bit of space between them for air movement and to allow some of the light to get to the sides of the plant.

You have two problems actually, and both are easily solved before the seeds are planted.

It is harder to predict the humidity level in the tent based on the humidity in the room. Once the tent is closed up it becomes another environment with its own numbers. As @Buds Buddy mentioned a humidity of 40-50% while the plant is in a vegetating stage is not really bad. Do not bother to buy a humidifier. If the air is too dry at times it is possible to raise it if the tent is closed just by the water vapor that the plant will give off from the leaves. Or, a bowl of water placed in the tent is supposed to raise the humidity a bit as long as the tent is closed.

Do not worry about the humidity level until you have had a chance to have a healthy growing plant in the tent for several days. That way you can check the humidity level a couple of times a day to see just what the level is. If after a week or so the humidity is really bad then buy a humidifier and figure out the way to set it up.

Second thing is I noticed is that your tent is too small for two plants. Most agree that it is best to allow 60X60 cm (2ft X2ft) per plant. You have enough room for only one. In order to have two plants in there they would have to be trimmed so that they do not get any wider than the sides of the pots; probably best to be even smaller than that to allow for a bit of space between them for air movement and to allow some of the light to get to the sides of the plant.
Maybe put it between the pots, upwards and have a small fan blowing downwards on the mist. I think as long as it has water in it it will keep the humid level. Are you pulling air from the top of the tent ?
im pulling air from outside my house from the bottom hole witch is connected to cloudline s6 fan the exhaust is cloudline t6 i have high VPD thats why i wanted to fix humidity with 25-7c inside tent sealed no plants and lamp on with humidity 35-40% VPD Is 2.0 or high when i test the probe and blow hot air to it the humidity raises temp as well and the VPD drops i have set my fans on schelude mode to run 3 min and then turn off for 10 min this cycle will be non stop bcouse my fresh air comes from outside my house

about the plants inside cant i use loss stress techniq so i can fit two ? i rly dont want to just plant one :(

about the plants inside cant i use loss stress techniq so i can fit two ? i rly dont want to just plant one
A bit hard to figure out what you want to do with the spelling short cuts. I believe that "rly" is really. That you want to do two plants at a time is something I understand but I gave up trying to grow plants too close together. It just would not work out and became a real pain to keep trying.

loss stress techniq
I am thinking that you mean Low Stress Training or Low Stress Technique. This type of training almost always involves bending, pruning and training the new growing stalks or stems so that they grow out towards the edges of the pot and a bit beyond. Properly done most of these Low Stress Training methods will easily produce a single plant that is 2 feet across.

You would have to work out a method that keeps each plant within 1 foot (30 cm) across by 2 feet (60cm) long. And then allow most of the growth to be up towards the light.

I figure that you can do two plants at a time with some sort of training but it will reduce the amount of harvest for each plant. On the other hand, if you can train properly train one plant so it fills up the space with a bit of room around the edges you will end up with more than twice the amount at harvest time. And,you will still have the other seed to do it again.

What % is your humidity at? It's not absolutely necessary to have high humidity (60% - 70%) during veg. I run through Veg all the time with just 40% - 50% RH. I've found low RH during Veg doesn't hurt a thing. What you don't want & does matter is having high humidity during flower. IMO, those VPD charts are a crock of shit & are based on old school MH / HPS grows. I run all through Veg on under 50% RH with temps in the mid 80's & have no problem with growth or mold.
True that. I only have humidifiers cause in winter I have 20rh. Maybe seedlings for the first week under transparent plastic cups...

so u are saying that i must not pay much attention to the VPD numbers from my ac infi controller ? i understand what u guys suggested me for the humidity but this VPD numbers on the device have worried me...

A bit hard to figure out what you want to do with the spelling short cuts. I believe that "rly" is really. That you want to do two plants at a time is something I understand but I gave up trying to grow plants too close together. It just would not work out and became a real pain to keep trying.

I am thinking that you mean Low Stress Training or Low Stress Technique. This type of training almost always involves bending, pruning and training the new growing stalks or stems so that they grow out towards the edges of the pot and a bit beyond. Properly done most of these Low Stress Training methods will easily produce a single plant that is 2 feet across.

You would have to work out a method that keeps each plant within 1 foot (30 cm) across by 2 feet (60cm) long. And then allow most of the growth to be up towards the light.

I figure that you can do two plants at a time with some sort of training but it will reduce the amount of harvest for each plant. On the other hand, if you can train properly train one plant so it fills up the space with a bit of room around the edges you will end up with more than twice the amount at harvest time. And,you will still have the other seed to do it again.
i understand im sorry for my english its not good but im trying about the plants i have currently 3 seeds left and im waiting my order to arrive from royalqueen seeds at the moment i have 2 auto seeds and 1 feminized seed if i plant the feminized seed is it gonna be bigger then autos? and the nutriens i got from biobizz are they gonna work for the feminized seed?

Uppot one plant to a SIP bucket & it will fill that tent wall to wall & yield a pound.
i dont have sip bucket i got air pots available 12.5liters and only 3 seeds from royal queen shop 2 autos 1 feminized pls give me suggestion
Uppot one plant to a SIP bucket & it will fill that tent wall to wall & yield a pound.
your suggestion aswell is one plant i see witch i must plant feminized or auto i got 3 seeds also the nutrien pack i got is enough for 2 plants atleast can i save the rest for the next seed? also im worried that 1 plant wont give me that mutch but as expirienced growers as yourself and other folks here i assume my conserns are wrong

I'd go with one fem trained and vegged (don't worry, you just have to start a journal and ask your questions and you will have a whole tribe of awesome genuine growers from this community to walk you through each step. )
We all started with the first seed.
I would say big pot and one plant amd you grow her out and learn. That's just me and, pleased to meet you
Cheers

You should take a look at the SIP CLUB thread. You can build a 5 gallon SIP for about $10. Well worth the money. I went from 6 oz. Per plant to over a pound per plant on my first SIP grow.
Pull at least a pound every time without even trying. One plant is perfect for your tent size. You just need a big yield from the one plant & this is the easiest way to get it. Takes all the guess work out of watering too.

You should take a look at the SIP CLUB thread. You can build a 5 gallon SIP for about $10. Well worth the money. I went from 6 oz. Per plant to over a pound per plant on my first SIP grow.
Pull at least a pound every time without even trying. One plant is perfect for your tent size. You just need a big yield from the one plant & this is the easiest way to get it. Takes all the guess work out of watering too.
cant i achieve good yield with the air pot i got and do manualy the watering with the nuts because its my first grow with all the things i need i dont think i will manage well with this SIP i will probably overwater them i want to fallow some watering and nutrien schelude i have manage one also can u please give me link to that build thread u saying please

i have one final question i think i get this with the SIP how to make one found this https://www.grownyc.org/files/upload/gardens/how-to-make-a-two-bucket-sips-ilonadejongh-com.pdf

but now i wonder about watering if i make this 5 gallon SIPs how much water i have to use with the nutriens most of them are 2ml-5ml per liter and in the first weeks the amounts are small in water mililiters if i feed it true that pipe how the plant will take them since they will be with not so long roots at the first week for the root and booster i have to use ?

@Azimuth can you post the SIP Club link? You say you are worried you might over water. Hard to do with a SIP because they only drink what they need. They usually hold about 1 gallon of nutes in the bottom of the bucket. Yes, airpots will work, but less yield & longer grow time. Look at my entry in the plant of the month contest. That's a 30 veg & flip to flower. Then you'll see the difference. It's almost as good as hydro but without all the extra work.

@Azimuth can you post the SIP Club link? You say you are worried you might over water. Hard to do with a SIP because they only drink what they need. They usually hold about 1 gallon of nutes in the bottom of the bucket. Yes, airpots will work, but less yield & longer grow time. Look at my entry in the plant of the month contest. That's a 30 veg & flip to flower. Then you'll see the difference. It's almost as good as hydro but without all the extra work.
Are these like the AC Infinity self watering base? Any idea if AC is any good ?
And since we talk about VPD but not taking it into consideration, what temp is good for LED's, cause I see different opinions? 20+, between 20 and 26, 29c ?

so u are saying that i must not pay much attention to the VPD numbers from my ac infi controller ? i understand what u guys suggested me for the humidity but this VPD numbers on the device have worried me...
Only time I worry about humidity is if it gets above 45% during flower. I'd rather be closer to 30% to ensure I get no bud rot.
And with LED lighting Temps in the low to mid 80's will grow you the biggest plants, the fastest. I use to have set ups with all the fancy controllers. Kept everything optimal according to the books & my grows sucked. Plants grew much slower & yield wasn't as good. Then I decided to try a grow kind of just letting things happen.... to a certain extent & everything grew better. Thought it was just luck, but after doing it a few times I found it to be better. Others have tried it & agree about the temps with LED. If you want to get technical when they are talking about temps, they are not talking about tent temps. They are talking about "Leaf Surface Temp". If you use a laser thermometer you can get the temp of the leaf. That's where you try to get to 77F if you want to have things absolutely perfect.
I'm also wondering if the air you're bringing in from outside is making thing too dry for you. My intake air comes from in the house close to an AC vent. My exhaust goes out the window.

Back
Top Bottom