Humidifier question

There's not much to a SIP Bucket. All you need is a 5 gal. Bucket, A Bowl of some sort that fits pretty good in the bottom of the bucket (facing upside down) & a piece of PVC big enough to pour nutrients / water through.
This is what the store bought ones look like.
71MB4DxeGDL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
14-169                  3-13-22.JPG

Here is the SIP Club link. You'll find lots of ways to build them there & see the results others are getting.

Also, on page two of that thread I have a post on how to make DIY SIPs of various sizes from very small to quite large. As Buds said, pretty straightforward and easy to build as there's not much to them, but man o man, do they work great.

Proper watering is the thing that trips up most new growers and with a SIP that issue is completely eliminated since the plant waters itself.

There's not much to a SIP Bucket. All you need is a 5 gal. Bucket, A Bowl of some sort that fits pretty good in the bottom of the bucket (facing upside down) & a piece of PVC big enough to pour nutrients / water through.
This is what the store bought ones look like.
71MB4DxeGDL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
14-169                  3-13-22.JPG
i got the basics of how to make this happen maby there will be a similar way i can do with air pot and i can make similar reservoar for the water what u think is it achivable?

I had difficulty understanding the narrative but I am familiar with how those pots work. There have been a number of growers on here that have used them.
cool i will construct two pots 1 air and one normal and will check them both i have all the mats in my basement especially bucklets i work in construction

i will make them tomorrow and post them ^^ about the project i will make what u think about water reservoir how much to make it to hold 1 liter will be enough? or is 3liters alot? or no diffirence at all
The store bought res for a 5 gal is a 1 gallon res. It just depends on how big of a bucket you use

In a tent that size you don’t need to worry about rh.. The plants themselves will keep the rh in check. Just make sure you have a fan for flower. I have a 7’x7’ area I grow in and the plants in 10 gallon containers keep the rh up no problem.

about the project i will make what u think about water reservoir how much to make it to hold 1 liter will be enough? or is 3liters alot? or no diffirence at all

The store bought res for a 5 gal is a 1 gallon res. It just depends on how big of a bucket you use

The bigger you make the reservoir, the less room you have for your soil mix (and therefore roots), so some sort of a balance is called for. I think making the reservoir equal about 20% of overall pot size works pretty well and is about what I use in my DIY versions. As Buds mentioned, that's also the size the commercial versions use.

No real science behind it, but that ratio seems a good compromise.

Back
Top Bottom