Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

Happy early new year everyone! We wish you all many dank and plentiful harvests in 2020. Everyone have a great holiday and be safe.

@HutchBenedict thank you for the awesome grow journal. We really love the detail and consistent updates.
Thank you and hope you have a wonderful year ahead. Your business will be booming if you keep up the awesome quality and customer support.

Thank you and hope you have a wonderful year ahead. Your business will be booming if you keep up the awesome quality and customer support.
Thank you! Those are two key strengths we will never let up on! You have my word.

Happy New Year again!

Hello everyone! Here's the photo update for January 2

First up we have Phantom Cookies Domina from Garden of Green
Day F16-2.JPG
Day F16-3.JPG
Day F16-4.JPG
Day F16-5.JPG

GoG Phantom Cookies Domina - Flip Day 16, 18" tall

I'm impressed with the results of quadlining! She went into the flower tent at 7" in height so she has stretched two and a half times that so far. The bud sites are lining up nicely and each of those stems will be heavy with bud in a few weeks.

I have three other plants in two gallon pots including a White Widow autoflower and I've got a feeling it is going to get very crowded in there. I had hoped to at least get the auto out of there for the final month but topping and defoliation have slowed her down so now she won't be ready for harvest until about a week before the rest.

Next post will be the update photos of the above-mentioned White Widow auto.

Here we go, White Widow Autoflower, from the only seed produced by my last WWA. I don't know who the father is but I suspect self-fertilization. Weird only one seed though, at least to me.
Day 51-1.JPG
Day 51-2.JPG
Day 51-5.JPG
Day 51-6.JPG
Day 51-7.JPG

HuB White Widow Autoflower - Flower Day 8/51 - 19" tall

I'll update the Chocolate Haze and Critical Purple Kush tomorrow. Spend all day moving plants around and taking pictures and end up not having time to post! Sigh! Thanks for dropping by folks!

I don't know who the father is but I suspect self-fertilization. Weird only one seed though, at least to me.
I had it with a couple of different photos. Just one seed, randomly throughout the plants. I don't know the exact reason but I've read others state from letting them go to long at harvest. I don't agree but I don't know for sure. My thinking is a seed doesn't grow that fast if you're late in taking down the plants.

Here we go, White Widow Autoflower, from the only seed produced by my last WWA. I don't know who the father is but I suspect self-fertilization. Weird only one seed though, at least to me.
Day 51-1.JPG
Day 51-2.JPG
Day 51-5.JPG
Day 51-6.JPG
Day 51-7.JPG

HuB White Widow Autoflower - Flower Day 8/51 - 19" tall

I'll update the Chocolate Haze and Critical Purple Kush tomorrow. Spend all day moving plants around and taking pictures and end up not having time to post! Sigh! Thanks for dropping by folks!

Looking good! She should fill out nicely.

I had it with a couple of different photos. Just one seed, randomly throughout the plants. I don't know the exact reason but I've read others state from letting them go to long at harvest. I don't agree but I don't know for sure. My thinking is a seed doesn't grow that fast if you're late in taking down the plants.
It's strange, isn't it? The mother did go a little too long but not enough to grow those late-flower nanners and develop a seed to ripeness, in my opinion, especially just one seed. Oh well, I'll take it but I know there's a risk of hermies which if I'm not careful could pollinate the whole tent.

Back for the photo update for January 3rd.

Starting with Chocolate Haze from Royal Queen Seeds.
Day F16-1.JPG
Day F16-2.JPG
Day F16-3.JPG

RQS Chocolate Haze - Flip Day 16 - 12" tall. By the looks of that stem on the left this is going to be a difficult trim in terms of leaf to calyx, but maybe I'm a little ahead of myself :hookah:

Next up we have from the Seedsman comparative grow Critical Purple Kush. Most of the training on this plant has been since the flip.
Day F16-1.JPG
Day F16-2.JPG
Day F16-3.JPG
Day F16-4.JPG
Day F16-5.JPG
Day F16-6.JPG
Day F17-2.JPG

Seedsman Critical Purple Kush - Flip Day 17 - 7" tall. The nice lush wide green leaves look quite different to the other three plants in the tent which are sativa or sativa leaning.

Here are some group shots:
Flower Tent 20-01-03-1.JPG
Flower Tent 20-01-03-2.JPG
Flower Tent 20-01-03-3.JPG

Front Left to right: Critical Purple Kush, Chocolate Haze
Back: White Widow Autoflower, Phantom Cookies Domina

Hello everyone! We'll start the January 4 photo update with some new seedlings.

First up Gorilla Cookies
Day 02-1.JPG
Day 02-2.JPG

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies - Day 2 - 1" tall - 30 ml water, 2.0 M.C.

Next a single seed that came with a Seedsman order but I didn't order it and don't know much about it. It was labelled GG#4 x Green Gelato but there was no indication which seed company it came from. I originally tried to germinate a Green Gelato seed but killed it when I set a coffee cup on it.
Day 02-2.JPG
Day 02-1.JPG

GG#4 x Green Gelato - Day 2 - 0.75" tall - 30ml water, 2.0 MC

Finally we have Seedsman Black Sugar which I am growing as part of the Canadian Seedsman grow.
Day 02.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Day 2 - 1.25" tall - 30ml water, 2.0 MC

All three have been started off with 2g/gn Megacrop with 30ml water.

Next we have our White Widow autoflower
Day 52-1.JPG
Day 52-2.JPG
Day 53-1.JPG
Day 53-2.JPG
Day 53-3.JPG

HuB White Widow Autoflower - Flower Day 10/53 - 22" tall - 2 litres water, 6.0 MC

I'm not happy with the droopiness but this was before feeding, hopefully that will perk her up. Otherwise she's probably root-bound in her 2 gallon pot. Not sure if I could transplant an auto this far along but I am sure there's no room in the already-crowded tent for a larger pot.

Chocolate Haze
Day F18-1.JPG
Day F18-2.JPG
Day F18-3.JPG
Day F18-4.JPG
Day F18-5.JPG

RQS Chocolate Haze - Flip Day 18 - 12.5" tall - 2 litres water, 6.0 MC

Those leaves look like they are on the verge of clawing. No shortage of nitrogen. I should have thought about this before upping her feed to 6.0g/gn from 5.5 MC. She was clawing a lot at the start but she has never presented burned tips. She's feeding every three to four days so there should be lots of time to correct if necessary.

I originally tried to germinate a Green Gelato seed but killed it when I set a coffee cup on it.
lol, oopsie!

Pman can probably tell you more on this but most autos like a 3-5gal pot. That doesn't mean a 2gal isn't gonna do the trick and I'm not so sure it's root bound anyhow. Wait for the watering and see what happens. It could be you just need to water more frequently now that she's in full flower.

Back
Top Bottom