Hutch Grows Nepal Jam

HutchBenedict

This seed came as a freebie with my order of Ace Seeds Purple Haze x Malawi so if you're interested I hope you'll take a look!

Nepal Jam is a Nepalese Jamaican cross as the name suggests and is a 60% sativa/40% indica cross with a short flowering period of 56 to 63 days.

1600724214490.png

Here's the terpene analysis.
1600724241113.png

I think it's cool that Ace publishes the tests.

The growing medium will be Promix HP as I am familiar with growing in this medium. It is easy to use, very forgiving and generally does not require PH'ing.

For pot size I am thinking 3 gallon as she will have to share a smallish tent with another plant.

Tent size. I will be growing a two plants in a 28"x28"x60". I will be doing my best to keep the plant fairly short. I'd like to get this to about 24" so I will flip when she is around 8" if the plants currently in the flower tent co-operate.

For nutes I will be using Megacrop from beginning to end. I am using the ground-up version, 3.5 I think it's called, lol. As an aside, the sales rep told me "the new formula is based on ingredient content %, so it doesn't specify if it is ground up or not. We are alternating batches and will probably go to "balls" type formula moving forward, since it has a lot of advantages over drawbacks."

For lighting I will be using a @Budget LED fixture with 120W from the wall. I would love to have more wattage but I've grown several very nice plants with this light. In my little tent I can get 60K LUX over most of the surface and I rotate a quarter turn every day.

Training will include topping followed by heavy LST. I will tie down the four main branches as they become long enough. There will be a medium amount of defoliation, mainly in the lower portion to provide airflow.

To begin we will start with some Breaking News from two days ago!
Day 00-3.PNG

That is a tiny little tail but it's enough for me! Into the dirt she went.

Today, this afternoon actually, our constant watching was rewarded with some action at last!
Day 0-5.JPG

We are on our way!

Thanks for dropping by and stay tuned for updates!

Hi folks, thank you for all the comments. It is overdue time for an update!

Day 10.JPG

Here she is at day 10.

Day 23-2.JPG

Transplanted to a three-gallon pot on day 20, this pic is from day 23.

Day 29-2.JPG

She was topped day 16 a few days before the transplant. This pic from day 29.

Day 38-2.JPG

Day 38, she has responded well to the training. (I think that is a Bubba Kush seed buried in the solo cup.)

Day 41-2.JPG

Here we are today at day 41. She is doing well in veg, I love the Ace genetics! She will go into the flower tent when our Gorilla Cookies are finished in about three weeks. If she gets bigger than I think I can handle I will crowd her into the other flower tent with the Purple Haze x Malawi until then.

I think it should be easy to keep up a weekly update now that the plant has grown up. Thanks for dropping by and hope to see you again!

Hi friends, time for an update!

Day 46-2.JPG

Day 46. Two days before the flip. She's about 7" tall and lookin' ready!

Day F03-2.JPG

Flip day 3. About 10". Did some defoliation in lower third of plant. Feed is at 4 grams Mega Crop per gallon. She is in a three gallon pot and drinks about 3 litres every 3-4 days.

That's all I have for now. Thanks for dropping by!

Back
Top Bottom