I cannot pin down what this is at all

Ganner

Hey all, absolute noob grower here and i'm super lucky i've managed to get the plant to the size it is. After being root bound for a bit i transplanted into a bigger pot. It's under an LED 11 inches away. Can you guys tell me if this is the start of root rot and/or if the new growth is like this because of the light?
Thanks guys.

leaf.jpg

roots.jpg

What are you feeding it?

there was no odor at all no. Thank you for your reassurance buddy.
well, if you've got white roots with no odor or visible bugs munching on it then they're okay!

while I have heard of canna A&B I’m not familiar with using the product. Does it have cal-mag included - please check your nute labels.

the color is a light shade of green meaning they are hungry.

also soil and coco are not the same - can you tell us more about what mix you are using?

Hey - welcome aboard Ganner!
i believe it's a 70/30 mix of 70 coco and 30 soil. I bought it already enriched with nutrients; 5 grams NPK 20+20+20+ TE so it didn't need a pre-soak. Looks like she ate up whatever she had in her pot about a week ago and then i transplanted it about 4/5 days ago now into more of the same enriched coco. looks like the yellowing that was happening earlier has stopped now and instead the leaves are clawing and the new growth's edges are burning and turning lime green. EDIT i do not have cal-mag/it isn't in with the canna coco A&B
thanks for the welcome and im happy to provide any info you need. good to be part of the community however i'm a bit stressed now lol.

I’m soil guy but you prolly gonna need to jump on that cal-mag deal. Think you will need to add cal-mag to the water first before adding the A&B NPK nutes. then check and adjust ph and feed

Do you have a ph pen - are you checking ph?
okay i'll get some cal-mag, thank you. yes i have a ph pen :) haven't been able to test runoff yet though. just checked the makeup of canna coco A&B and Part A does have calcium oxide in, will that help?

Honestly- I have no freaking idea about calcium oxide but I know cal-mag is a requirement especially for coco….!
okay well it's been fed twice with canna now so shall i flush, then cal-mag, then reintroduce nutes?

What’s ph and ec/ppm? And depending on led lights ppfd, 11” may be too close, as an hid grower from years ago, I was surprised to find that I didn’t have enough nutrients to keep up with photosynthesis due to my leds ppfd and had to go way higher than I ever did with hydro. Just a thought

What’s ph and ec/ppm? And depending on led lights ppfd, 11” may be too close, as an hid grower from years ago, I was surprised to find that I didn’t have enough nutrients to keep up with photosynthesis due to my leds ppfd and had to go way higher than I ever did with hydro. Just a thought
Also cut back on watering, as it’s looking a bit soggy. Can’t tell if that brown is medium on the roots or a bit of rot but either way, they pretty much need to get bone dry before watering. Now coir might be a little different but the jist is oxygen to the roots if coir requires not to get bone dry then you’ve got to oxygenate your water somehow

A look at the coco bag. would be a good start see whats in it or the name to look up.Cant see %30 soil holding much nutes and not for long.Think i might of been feeding awhile ago with a/b and calmag as its coco and thats just how it is. ;)

Prob not an issue but when you water do u let them sit for an amount of time in the run of.MIGHT explain the root issue
dont see much action on the side of your ladies yet but heavy at the bottom.

ph is always around 6.3. not sure what the ppm is. Lights are even closer now as she's going through a growth spurt. nutes seem to be keeping her healthy as of now. I'm sorry for my late reply but i think she's recovered from whatever it was that was stressing her out.

Back
Top Bottom