I could use a little guidance anyone

Winginit

This is my first grow I'm looking for any help possible

What I'm using: 70% happy frog soil 30% perlite I have a moisture/ph reader that goes directly into soil and it reads 7.0 ph is that ok??

I am using a 600 w viparspectra and it stays about 30in away from the plants

I water with distilled water which is about 5.8-6.0 ph and 0 ppm the only nutes I'm using currently would be the general hydro bio root about half strength

So far I've started these about 2 weeks ago and transplanted from cups to 3 gallon fabric air pots
Looks a little droopy can this be shock??
420-magazine-mobile415772632.jpg

This second one looks a little pale maybe n deff?? Anybody know??
420-magazine-mobile1917300943.jpg

These last 3 I started a week later
Notice the yellow edges on the first one. Any input would be awesome thanks guys.
420-magazine-mobile738899348.jpg

420-magazine-mobile467266088.jpg
420-magazine-mobile611898304.jpg

I think the best range for you Ph is between 6.1 and 6.9 you are at the far end of the spectrum but still okay its best to keep it within the above range for soil and if your soil is still moist when ur finger is one knuckle deep in the soil there is no need to water

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think the best range for you Ph is between 6.1 and 6.9 you are at the far end of the spectrum but still okay its best to keep it within the above range for soil and if your soil is still moist when ur finger is one knuckle deep in the soil there is no need to water

How can I get my soul to about 6.5 then?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I presume you have a Ph tester juss Ph your water before pouring into the plants..... And dip your index finger into the soil and push it down one knuckle dip if its moist dont water wait for it to be dry.... Sometimes less is more if you get what I mean.... You should also Ph test your run off water and see what Ph you getting doing all these small things along the way and learning will help you get beter in your grow

I presume you have a Ph tester juss Ph your water before pouring into the plants..... And dip your index finger into the soil and push it down one knuckle dip if its moist dont water wait for it to be dry.... Sometimes less is more if you get what I mean.... You should also Ph test your run off water and see what Ph you getting doing all these small things along the way and learning will help you get beter in your grow

Sounds good I'll try the run off suggestion next time. I haven't used enough water for that yet so I'll wait till they get a little dry before I soak them again.

When they that small you can go 5-7 days before they need water, well in soil as soilless mediums a whole different critter. Not sure how accurate those cheepo 3-way testers are, I wouldn't put a ton of stock into what they tell you, they more of a ballpark reading thing IMHO but others swear by them so one of them things like many other things in life. If you using filtered water or distilled in your case, as it has real low PPM all the Calcium and Magnesium is no longer in the water, so you more than likely need to get some of the Cal/Mag or do it naturally (beyond my grasp as still learning, so I just buy the Cal/Mag). Between what the seed has stored and your soil they can usually go 2-3 weeks before you need to start adding nutrients.

When they that small you can go 5-7 days before they need water, well in soil as soilless mediums a whole different critter. Not sure how accurate those cheepo 3-way testers are, I wouldn't put a ton of stock into what they tell you, they more of a ballpark reading thing IMHO but others swear by them so one of them things like many other things in life. If you using filtered water or distilled in your case, as it has real low PPM all the Calcium and Magnesium is no longer in the water, so you more than likely need to get some of the Cal/Mag or do it naturally (beyond my grasp as still learning, so I just buy the Cal/Mag). Between what the seed has stored and your soil they can usually go 2-3 weeks before you need to start adding nutrients.

Awesome advice .

Those moister/ph readers with 2 prongs are really only useful for the moister part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

And depending on size of pot and/or plant it can still be "too wet" towards the bottom of the pot if it isn't long enough to get close to bottom and cause issues if roots further down than meter goes. Going by the weight of the pot works for me (I can't read the plants well enough yet to know when they are asking for water or nutrients myself, by the time I notice it's bad ;) :rofl: ), when it feels close to weight of just plain unwatered soil in pot then it's close to time to it needing water.

And depending on size of pot and/or plant it can still be "too wet" towards the bottom of the pot if it isn't long enough to get close to bottom and cause issues if roots further down than meter goes. Going by the weight of the pot works for me (I can't read the plants well enough yet to know when they are asking for water or nutrients myself, by the time I notice it's bad ;) :rofl: ), when it feels close to weight of just plain unwatered soil in pot then it's close to time to it needing water.

Appreciate the input .

Back
Top Bottom