I did some topping today for the first time: how did I do? Pics

GodtyrLoki

Hey Guys, I did some topping today on 3 of my 5 plants and as it was my first time I decided to post up some pictures to see if I did anything wrong.

20190210_143352.jpg
20190210_143419.jpg
20190210_143429.jpg
20190210_143445.jpg

Looks to be done properly and reaching out to verify is also good. Did you use scissors or a blade? Was the tool sterile? I give my plants a mist of water in that location a couple of times in the day when topping. I can't tell you if that is needed but it makes my mind more comfortable knowing if I were a plant and God took my arms off, I'd need a fresh sip.

Looks to be done properly and reaching out to verify is also good. Did you use scissors or a blade? Was the tool sterile? I give my plants a mist of water in that location a couple of times in the day when topping. I can't tell you if that is needed but it makes my mind more comfortable knowing if I were a plant and God took my arms off, I'd need a fresh sip.

yeah I did it with scissors, fully antibacterial them and then ran them under boiling water ... even though I'm topping them it still feels shit to cut ur plants hahaha

I've never sterilized my scissors before topping - or anything else for that matter, and never had a problem. I think a lot of people over think things. My only critique to your topping is to leave a lot more stem to prevent splitting later on.

The ones you didn't top may grow considerably taller than the topped plants,which could cause a small problem with lighting later on.
Very healthy plants you've got there-looking good !

Back
Top Bottom