I Don't Know What to Do

For a small tent a cheap one will do. I didnt buy one myself yet. But i will since my growin is getting kinda serious.

I'll mostly use it for sterilizing grow spaces between grows. For killing spider mites it should be last resort. Try other stuff first

What week are your plants in flower ? I will say that I mix my own soil and grow organic with that being said it seems like we always get spider mites and a ton of gnats as we make our own compost as well . I do have a large ozone machine that we use in between grows to clean the room and what we use . Have looked into using the ozone during plant growth to kill bugs and powdery mildew but was advised that you would need a controller much like CO2 but it would be very expensive and a big learning curve as to how much ppm is dangerous or not. So we use the SNS 209 twice a week from about the second week in veg to a week or two before harvest with great results. We do use the spray but only after the lights are out .. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE AND LET THE STUFF DO IT'S JOB .. GOOD LUCK .

I'm working with soil too.

I'm working with soil, Deville. Will it provide the same results? Gotta be honest and say that I'm treading lightly on this, because as much as my guy loves the end result, he ain't too hot on the expenses that tend to creep up over time. If this crop goes to hell, I'll have no problem starting over, but it's gonna be a pain explaining and explaining again, if that makes sense.

Oh, btw, I may not be in as of bad shape as I thought, since there are no webs on my plants, anywhere. From what I've learned, what you see initially are the females doing their egg-dropping thing, which are mostly female (thousands upon thousands upon thousands), but the first time one of the ladies has a 'male' then the problems start, fast and furious.

What week are your plants in flower ? I will say that I mix my own soil and grow organic with that being said it seems like we always get spider mites and a ton of gnats as we make our own compost as well . I do have a large ozone machine that we use in between grows to clean the room and what we use . Have looked into using the ozone during plant growth to kill bugs and powdery mildew but was advised that you would need a controller much like CO2 but it would be very expensive and a big learning curve as to how much ppm is dangerous or not. So we use the SNS 209 twice a week from about the second week in veg to a week or two before harvest with great results. We do use the spray but only after the lights are out .. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE AND LET THE STUFF DO IT'S JOB .. GOOD LUCK .

What???? You mean just pouring this into the dirt, and waiting 24hrs for the Borgmites to be gone, and all of my pretty leaves to be returned doesn't display patience??? WAahhh! :) I'm just glad to see my girls perking up again!

This begins the 4th week of flower, and I'm being really careful to follow all instructions. I'm thinking about buying the Ozone generator this week. My tents are 4x4x80 and 12x24x60, but I'm gonna have to do the whole bedroom. I'd like to do it this week, but Deville says I should consider this as a last resort, which I'm going to do. The plants have been through a lot.

LOL I know I'm gonna have to be patient, but truthfully, the first 24 hrs after using the SNS, I really would have loved a miracle, but it just doesn't work that way, does it? My friends said I was due to have a situation like this come up, that I was growing on "borrowed time," and after all the emails and posts I've read, I can see they were right.

Sadly the levels of ozone needed to kill off the fuckers will also hurt the plants. If I did not see results with what you're doing now I would still hit my crop with it to save it.

Remember that ozone will also kill any beneficial bacteria in your soil. The leaves will get ozone burn.

vincial-coordinator-ipm-kpk-minfal-islamabad-4-638.jpg

Another tip for the grow room. Not everyone wants these in their living-rooms though. But if your grow-space is in a shed/garage/green-house, Ladybugs are voracious killing machines designed by nature to clean your garden of over a dozen pests, especially aphids and spider mites. They will also eat a broad range of soft bodied insects including beetle and moth larvae. All this without ever harming your plants.

Sadly the levels of ozone needed to kill off the fuckers will also hurt the plants. If I did not see results with what you're doing now I would still hit my crop with it to save it.

Remember that ozone will also kill any beneficial bacteria in your soil. The leaves will get ozone burn.

vincial-coordinator-ipm-kpk-minfal-islamabad-4-638.jpg

Wow, nasty stuff! I've worked in quite a few medical facilities, and the realization that chemotherapy is in fact, a 'double-edged sword,' always gives patients pause. Like ozone, chemo acts indiscriminately, so we rely on external controls to manage its effects.
Unfortunately, whereas ozone is called on as the last resort for eradication, chemo is too often the first. Yuck.

Another tip for the grow room. Not everyone wants these in their living-rooms though. But if your grow-space is in a shed/garage/green-house, Ladybugs are voracious killing machines designed by nature to clean your garden of over a dozen pests, especially aphids and spider mites. They will also eat a broad range of soft bodied insects including beetle and moth larvae. All this without ever harming your plants.
I love ladybugs, and I've been wanting to order them, but as tent dwellers, how long do they live, and where do they go? Not to mention that it takes a few days to get used to them landing and crawling about...on you! lol I'm not squeamish, but when you're used to swatting, you don't want to pull back your hand to find a tiny, orange and black-dotted warrior mushed!

I honestly don't have the slightest clue. I read they get attracted by pollen so having a lot of pollen rich plants on your property could attract a colony. And I guess they can be ordered online? But have never actually done that

I love ladybugs, and I've been wanting to order them, but as tent dwellers, how long do they live, and where do they go? Not to mention that it takes a few days to get used to them landing and crawling about...on you! lol I'm not squeamish, but when you're used to swatting, you don't want to pull back your hand to find a tiny, orange and black-dotted warrior mushed!

Re: I Don't Know What to Do - Resolved

After three weeks of treatment, and reading the helpful and constructive posts from Deville and JedtheDog, it appears my plants are moving forward. The hairs on my colas have returned (While waiting for SNS I used a homemade solution, not knowing to avoid spraying the pistils with lights on. Burnt the hairs right off!), and I touched quite a few buds and came away with a sweet, sticky smell! Yahoo!

Fortunately, I caught this at the 2nd week of flowering, so there's a good chance it'll recover fairly well. It won't grow the size buds I was hoping for, but I started this as a SCRoG and removed the netting, so I've got 15-20 individual colas 5-6inches in length on each plant (2), which is a nice quantity of stash.

I'm sticking to the treatment (1 gal of water to 1/4 teas of both SNS-203+209) drenching the soil every other week, and using the foliar spray (SNS 217+203) every fourth application.

I first spray with SNS solution, then four days later, an alcohol and water solution 50/50, then four days after that I spray with milk,dish soap and baking soda. Four days later, I'm back to SNS-217. Each time, ten-fifteen minutes after lights go out, I go in wearing gloves, and I literally wash the plant leaves down with my hand-underneath and above- till their dripping wet. Once done, I remove my gloves, close up the tent, head to the door, remove my clothes and jump in the shower. Go out the opposite door!

To date, little or no evidence of spider mites, but after removing so many leaves, I was worried about the flowering, so on opposite weeks I mix SNS's grow formula (1/4 teas) to Foxfarm's Beastie Bloomz (1/4 teas) to a gal of water, pour that in and tried not to stress too much about it. Oh, since I don't own a duct filter system, I added an additional fan, and I started misting my plants first thing in the morning again, which I was told was bad, but I never saw any problems until I stopped doing it, so...

I know everyone gets hit with this sooner or later, but I'm convinced that my infestation came with a bag of soil I bought from the store the month before. I was low on the FFOF, and wanted to make sure the pots were filled to the top. I bought a 12qt bag of something called HYDROSOIL at Walmart. I even read the bag. It looked good -real good - right up to the following weekend, when all these little green sprouts -lawn grass sprouts -appeared in clumps in all my pots! I got my money back, and I removed the dirt, but I'm thinking the damage was already done.

I had already planned on going back to mixing my own soil, and now's as good a time as any. I was getting really tired of mending my plants after using super and 'hot' soil, and I miss mixing my own and adding what was needed - WHEN it was needed. Yeah, I know you can get spider mites even then, but I've got em now, and from what I'm told, "once you get 'em, you got 'em," so now I get to treat 'em like the bastard bugs they are. Thank goodness for this oz of "Cindy." To quote Whoopie Goldberg (which I'd rather not do too often) "I stay high so I don't get mad." :-I)

Back
Top Bottom