I just bought Fox Farm's Big Bloom - Will I have to flush before harvesting?

most everyone will recommend a flush before harvest when using nutrients, but Big Bloom is not like the other two in the trio... it is good stuff. It is considered safe to use at all points in the grow and it is all natural organic goodness. If this is all you are using, I commend you, and I believe you will end up with a natural taste to your product not unlike pure organic growers experience. You probably won't need to flush if this is the case. --Emmie

most everyone will recommend a flush before harvest when using nutrients, but Big Bloom is not like the other two in the trio... it is good stuff. It is considered safe to use at all points in the grow and it is all natural organic goodness. If this is all you are using, I commend you, and I believe you will end up with a natural taste to your product not unlike pure organic growers experience. You probably won't need to flush if this is the case. --Emmie

I'm new to growing. how do you flush ?

I'm new to growing. how do you flush ?

I understand a flush to be a washing out of the soil, to remove built up nutes and the salts that they leave behind. To do this it is generally agreed that you must pass water through your soil at 3x the volume of the container... so a 5 gal container would require 15 gallons of water to be applied. Make sure that the first and the last applications are pH'd correctly and you will cause no stress.

I understand a flush to be a washing out of the soil, to remove built up nutes and the salts that they leave behind. To do this it is generally agreed that you must pass water through your soil at 3x the volume of the container... so a 5 gal container would require 15 gallons of water to be applied. Make sure that the first and the last applications are pH'd correctly and you will cause no stress.

But wont all that water drowned your plants ?

no.

the same amount stays in the soil after all of this as a good watering would leave. Soil can only hold so much.

The directions on the fox farms big bloom says 1 table spoon in a gallon watter for seadlings, how much should i put in 1 pint of water for 2 week old seedlings ? Is a 1/4 tea spoons less then the recommended amount for seedlings ? I want t put a little less then the recommended amount since its the first time i will be using it , im not good at math

i would not recommend anything for seedlings in good soil. Soil has everything they need for now.

But they almost completely stopped growing, they grew alot the first 3-4 days and they grew very very little since then. The reason i bought big bloom is because it has healing qualities, if i did my math correctly 1/4 tea spoon in a pint of water comes to 67% strength compared to 1 table spoon for gallon am i correct or is it 100% strength?

But they almost completely stopped growing, they grew alot the first 3-4 days and they grew very very little since then. The reason i bought big bloom is because it has healing qualities, if i did my math correctly 1/4 tea spoon in a pint of water comes to 67% strength compared to 1 table spoon for gallon am i correct or is it 100% strength?

Hmm 1st off Fox farm suggests on their feeding schedule 6 teaspoons per gallon, there are 8 pints to a gallon, so if you use their recommend dosage at 100% it would be 3/4 of a teaspoon per liter of water. 1/4 of a teaspoon per liter would be about 33 1/3% recommended strength. I am with Emilya on not feeding her anything for at least 3 weeks if not 4 depending on your soil. If you are using an inert soil then that is something totally different.

Oh this makes my head hurt...Did I read you want to add blooming nutes during veg to fix a cabinet environment problem?

Ohhhhh... I need to go to bed. :lot-o-toke:

There are 3 reasons to flush.

#1 you have over done it and are trying to fix a problem. (not your issue)

#2 You have caused root rot and are trying to do a cleanse before the enzyme treatment. (not your issue)

#3 you are nearing end of the life cycle and are trying to get the plant to a good smoke state. (not your issue)

When the plant is shutting down it doesn't need nutes. Like trees in autumn it can survive on the leaves and you can get that nasty chemical flavor out by flushing it for the last week or so (time depends on a number of things).

But blooming nutes do not fix a problem with your temps or Ph or overwatering.

Are you in Hydro or soil? Are you growing seed of clones?

So Seeds can go a long way without nutes. If you are adding nutes to soil for a seed grow before it is in a teenager then you are stunting the plant. If you are in hydro 1/4 nutes after the roots hit the res until it takes off and monitor the res. (go to the hydro area to ask more).

Depending on your knowledge clones are a bit easier or harder. Once you know how clones are supper simple.

I will assume you are growing seed in soil.

Since you added a dose of nutes that are wrong for this stage of growth you probably want to flush it out... but that means you have to know how to bring it back. So for a beginner I would ride this out. Maybe do a light flush but don't add anything for 2 weeks other than water every other day (I wouldn't do H2O more than once every 3-4 days at most during sprout stage). Then after it recovers you can try to grow it again.

For flush I would do a half flush since you haven't fucked it up that bad. Place the pot under the tap in your bath tube for about 5-10 min with the water into the pot equal to what is leaving out the bottom. That will wash out the nutes you don't want in there right now unless you used miracle grow. In that case just back off all nutes and hang in there. That stuff has time released nutes that mess up your ability to control things.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom