I need help building room in a room

CatDaddy

Hello there 420 bros..im from -------- expanding my growing abilities. I currently am waiting for my 600 watt phantom digital, radiant 8 inch reflector cool tube and hortliux eye bulb. My situation is, I have a 8ft deepx10ft wide x 8ft tall room which is too big for my 600 watt.

I want to make it without drywall or plywood. Id like to use 2x4 or so for the frame and glue on foamular or something. It would be nice to be able to have a veg section as well. I am then putting in the ventilation. If i could get some help id truly appreciate it.

Thanks guys

Hello there 420 bros..im from -------- expanding my growing abilities. I currently am waiting for my 600 watt phantom digital, radiant 8 inch reflector cool tube and hortliux eye bulb. My situation is, I have a 8ft deepx10ft wide x 8ft tall room which is too big for my 600 watt.

I want to make it without drywall or plywood. Id like to use 2x4 or so for the frame and glue on foamular or something. It would be nice to be able to have a veg section as well. I am then putting in the ventilation. If i could get some help id truly appreciate it.

Thanks guys

Could you maybe be a bit more specific or throw some thoughts and ideas around about the situation- just to make it easier (for me anyway) to answer the question? I'm not familiar with foamular (giving out free rap lyrics today here lol)- but guessing it's foam sheets, not sure how rugged though... Is it fire resistant? You could also make a plastic tent type deal in one corner. You can buy stick on zippers for the plastic as doorways. The nice thing about plywood is you can screw things to it/cut holes in it, build on to it, and paint it. Are you trying to be stealthy with this room, or just shrink your big room down a bit to enclose heat?

I didn't want to use drywall or plywood cuz it'd be a drag to hall it in my car and trying to budget building materials cuz everything else costed so much.
Can you do this legitimate without costing too much?

Either way im hanging my light and fan from the ceiling so this could be made out of pvc for all i care if that could work.

I didn't want to use drywall or plywood cuz it'd be a drag to hall it in my car and trying to budget building materials cuz everything else costed so much.
Can you do this legitimate without costing too much?

Either way im hanging my light and fan from the ceiling so this could be made out of pvc for all i care if that could work.

If it's because of budget then I'd go with the Gopher's suggestion then upgrade to Alien's setup or plywood later. That's basically what I did. The panda stays as vapor barrier when you do. Is this little room meant to be sealed, or is it only a rough enclosure and you are using the same air space as in the big room? If you know what I mean

I understand the growing part all more im topping twice and doing scrog with 2x4 and eye hooks.. im dumb when it comes to construction (if you only knew who my dad is lol)
seriously 2x4 and the poly (whats the exact name its the black on outside white inside right) will hold humidity? It'll work the same? That'd be reallh cool

I understand the growing part all more im topping twice and doing scrog with 2x4 and eye hooks.. im dumb when it comes to construction (if you only knew who my dad is lol)
seriously 2x4 and the poly (whats the exact name its the black on outside white inside right) will hold humidity? It'll work the same? That'd be reallh cool

A cat, a weasel, a gopher, an alien and a fish walked into a room...

It's poly, often known as black and white, or panda.you can seal it up with tape as suggested but need some sort of door(s). Is this room meant to be sealed for light, odor, temperature, stealth- some or none of the above? It will probably need ventilation but some aspects of the situation sort of depend on how sealed you need it to be and how much heat is in there.

So the alien looks at the fish and says to the weasel....

They sell this wonderful zipper for the black and white,Panda or poly, peel and stick, unzip and cut door opening

IMG_190812.JPG

Yep they work well. Get 2 to make a decent doorway that you can walk through- but get a bunch, they're cheap, and handy for all sorts of situations. Reusable too- sort of.

Ok well..

Say you frame out a 4x5x (whatever height 7feet example) with 2x4 and seal it up in poly (except where your putting your ventilation youll need a board) how czn you make that work? The house has real good central air and its cold for another few months. Say you use passive intake and have an inline fan sucking air from a different roodm through your hood with a carbon filter at the end (inside grow tent obviously, away from intake.) Would that work?

Back
Top Bottom