Ideas for run-off trays?

I use a water heater tray, it has a side drain hole for easy draining. They come in many sizes. Sorry about the beautiful purple picture.

Do you have the tray elevated at all? Seems harf to drain if right on the floor

Do you have the tray elevated at all? Seems harf to drain if right on the floor
I have 4" of foam under the tray.

My run-off tray is the floor, and it is lined with the same black/white plastic sheeting I use on my walls. I'm not expecting any water on it, but it's there just in case, since I'm just starting "unattended automated watering". The perimeter is raised with 2x2 wood boards, with the plastic "lipped" over the edge, so its like a 2" deep pool... Of course, there is no provision for draining it :(

Anyhow, this is my vote for a liner... :)

Can I change my vote?

I changed up my grow room, and pulled up the plastic, and found water underneath! Just enough to be wet, not a puddle, but more than just moist. It was stinky and tinged with green, so I knew it was nasty... A good mopping and disinfection and no damage to the floor, so lucky. This was just from runoff and spillage during hand watering...

The Panda Plastic is not durable enough without using extreme caution. I suspect it was tiny tiny holes caused by wear and tear, moving pots around etc.

I'll have another grow tent (with floor tray) in a couple months to replace this setup, but in the mean time, I'm looking at cheap solutions including a raised floor to allow air flow just in case, plastic liner with a plywood floor over the plastic?

I built a catch pan out of 2x4 plywood and shower pan liner I use a washing machine catch pan for catching the runoff
IMG_3662.JPG

The pan holds my grow pots
IMG_3662.JPG
IMG_3700.JPG
IMG_3711.JPG
IMG_3712.JPG
Haha!
:high-five:

I like your style! Looks similar to my set-up.
:thumb:

Could suck the water from trays with a wet/dry shopvac. Not most ideal way but it works
Don't have to when the humidity is low I leave the water to evaporate if the humidity is high I can unplug the drain and drain into a catch pan that I vacuum out and dump on my garden outside.

Back
Top Bottom