Identification of sex from pre flowers

gpgrower

Hello everyone,
This is my first grow so I am really not able to tell if my plant is female or male. I can see the pre-flowers are starting to show. Can someone help me identify the sex of my plant from the photo? Thanks
IMG_20160410_205858_HDR.jpg

It's hard to say for sure but I would guess female. When you see those little things forming you can often guess the sex based on the shape. Males are quite round and will be on a short stalk- though this isn't always visible especially at first. Females will be pointier, and of course sprout some white hairs out the end eventually. There's no panic to determine sex. Males can't spread pollen till the flowers are developed a bit, and open up, which takes a few days or a week.

It's hard to say for sure but I would guess female. When you see those little things forming you can often guess the sex based on the shape. Males are quite round and will be on a short stalk- though this isn't always visible especially at first. Females will be pointier, and of course sprout some white hairs out the end eventually. There's no panic to determine sex. Males can't spread pollen till the flowers are developed a bit, and open up, which takes a few days or a week.

That's great news. Thanks :)

Try looking higher on the stem. When my plants started showing signs the first time, I saw it in the same area as you.
Watch closely in the top of the stem (where the new growths are), maybe with a magnifying glass and look for tiny little white "hairs".

Good Luck!

Well it's been two weeks since I switched to 12/12 light time and I start to think that it is a male :( What do you think?
IMG_20160424_213035_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom