I'm considering switching from horizontal to vertical

Timmo

My bloom room is 4x8, 7' high. I have a 1000w HPS with adjustable ballast, plus two 400 watters--one HPS, one MH--that currently share a hood but can be separated. Adding more lights, beyond maybe some low-watt CFLs, isn't an option--I'm maxing out the circuit that powers my barn, where the bloom room is. Heat isn't an issue this time of year even with the lights in horizontal reflectors--if anything, it's a little on the cool side on really cold days. I want to try vertical just to boost yield and bud density.

Some questions:

1. How should I arrange the lights? I have 17 smallish plants. 1000w in the middle with the two 400s on either side? (I could hang those two from hooks and swap them back and forth every day so all the plants get some of the MH goodness.) Or would I be better off leaving the 1000w horizontal? Something else?

2. I've already put a good bit of work into training the plants so each one is kind of a freestanding scrog. They're to the point where I could probably win contests for flattest canopy ever. Should I just stick with a horizontal scrog, or will they do just as well if I let them go vert from here forward and let them veg a little longer? I'd kind of like to get them into bloom as soon as possible.

Hi Timmo,

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community. I think you'll find the folks here to be generously welcoming and sincerely helpful.

Sorry I can't offer thoughts or experience on your proposed vertical grow but I'm very interested in the concept and by replying will be subscribed to the thread making it easy to return. At some point I'm sure others with experience will chime in with educated thoughts on your question.

In the mean time, be well and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom