Indoor - Soil Super Lemon Haze Granithead Journal 2012

granithead

2010? damn, I meant 2012? Can I change that!?!

Hello all,
This will be my second grow and first from seed so with any luck I won't make to many beginner mistakes!!
I also might add my first grow was a success and with any luck this one will be too. I will have pictures and I invite anyone to join and watch and or post helpful comments.

Starting from seed - SeedMadness Greenhouse - Super Lemon Haze
indoor
400 watt (hps)
charcoal filtered air/exit
soil 70% happy frog/ 30% perlite 1quart to 4 gallon containers
grow tent 4X4' by 6.5'

fert. I will be brewing tea:
4 gallons RO/distilled/spring water
1/4c blood meal
1/2c worm castings
1/2c molasses (unsulfered) / will switch to dried molasses as funds become available
2 tbs liquid karma
2 tbs Earth juice Grow
Brewed for 24-36 hours

I plan on watering every third day 2 with RO water and the third with tea

Okay where i'm at right now. I am getting ready to soak 5 seeds in a jar of RO water sitting on a heat mat inside of my tent. (light is off)
After germination I will place them inside of grow cubes. I'm not sure of the name brand but they aren't jiffy. In a dome. Then I will transplant them into 1 quart grow pots with my soil mix
I will get pictures posted soon

Re: Indoor/soil super lemon haze granithead journal 2010

3 out of 5 seeds upon hitting the water dropped straight to the bottom I don't think I have read where that had happened to anyone. But instead they soak them until they fall to the bottom.
Has anyone had this experience and is it a good one or bad one?

grow_4-12_1_.jpg

grow_4-12_2_.jpg

3 out of 5 seeds upon hitting the water dropped straight to the bottom I don't think I have read where that had happened to anyone. But instead they soak them until they fall to the bottom.
Has anyone had this experience and is it a good one or bad one?

Never done the bowl method, but take them out and do the paper towel method with any that sank and try to save them.

looks like your on the right track! are you just using a cup and water method for germination? make sure it stays in a dark and warm spot that stays about 80*F good job so far, what kind of tent did you get

I have them in a mason jar with the lid on it, a heating pad underneath it and a large towel over everything. I was planning on just letting them soak in the water until the tap root pops out then put them inside of the grow cubes. However I may infact use the paper towel method now.

I bought the tent around Oct. last year i'm not sure of the name brand. I was able to pick it up off ebay for around $100 and after looking around before i bought it it was a steal, plus it works well!!

Okay my update I let the seeds soak approximately 18 hours in a jar with heat(about 75-80 degrees) and in the dark.
I then poured them over 3 paper towels(expensive ones) and rolled one edge back over the top of the seeds i placed a magazine on top it it is currently sitting on a heating pad keeping them at 80 degrees.

make sure its completely dark and moist but not too moist, germinating is suppose to mimic being in the dirt, and when you put a seed in the dirt its completely dark.

It is solid dark and damp how long before i should check on them 24-48?

grow_4-12_3_.jpg

Well I'm glad to say all 5 seeds do in fact have tap roots showing.
I gently picked them up with tweezers and placed all 5 inside of grow cubes and inside of the mini grow tray and placed the dome over it. The cubes are damp and there is more water underneath them but just enough to allow for nice humidity.
I set the dome over a heating mat and in a low light area.

Picture_00111

Picture_002111.jpg

24 hours later 72 total from seed, I am very pleased. One of the seedlings is even standing a whole inch off the cube and I can see the starts of the two baby leaves.

Okay 2 of my young ladies were touching the dome so I transplanted them and started brewing some tea. I'm only using about 1/2 cup of worm castings right now and a couple of table spoons of molasses in 2 1/2 gallons of RO. Because I really don't have enough for the full 4 gallons of tea.

I will use the tea for the other 3 transplants and just to saturate the soil a little on the other 2 i already transplanted.

I'm only using the wormcastings because i believe it's a little to early for anything else and I want to take it slow.

hey nice job lookin good , im subbed cant wait for the final results and dam i cant find a good deal on ebay for a grow tent for nothing :(

I did some looking on ebay for you and the same seller i got my tent from is still there i don't know what kinda growing area your looking for, if mine is sufficient I simply searched "4x4x6.5 grow tent". It appears they are selling for a bit more, possibly because more people are interested in growing this time of the year. However $117 is the highest possible bid not much more.

I also am not sure if they are even still selling the exact same model, I always figure buyer beware with ebay.
Hope that helps

Im glad to hear your throwin down some bennys! =) looks like you have a good start for everything, cant wait to see those sexy lemon haze buds.

Back
Top Bottom