Interested in auto flower

tav

morning all. lookin for info starting points on growing auto's. i have 1 growing now 5 more weeks she's not auto.
but interested in the grow. thx have a 2x2x4 looking to upgrade to a 4x4x6'

Look into DLI. Since the light stays on 18+ hours through flower you need a lower ppfd than photos.

Autoflowers are cannabis. Like photoperiod cannabis, autoflowers thrive on very high light levels. I routinely grow my autos at photoperiods ranging from 18/6 to 21/3 — the plant does not care. The advantage of giving a plant more light is that it can photosynthesize and research tells us that crop quality and yield increase as light levels increase.

One advantage of autos is that you can continue to give them DLI's in the 60's and 70's throughout their lifecycle. Cannabis can be grown 24/0 - it only needs darkness for flowering - because it does its "dark cycle processing" without regard to the light cycle but, paraphrasing Bugbee, "It's probably good to give them some rest".

The goal of providing nutrients to a plant is to get them to the sufficiency level. Unlike light, more nutes ≠more growth.

Nutrient Sufficiency.png

My advice - give them a sufficient amount of nutrients, give them 800-1000µmol of light, and keep VPD in check. If you do all that, you'll have to back up the truck.

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7497.jpeg

If you're interested in auto grows, check out the grow journals in my sig block. The last entry is a photo, the rest are autos.

Back
Top Bottom