FelipeBlu's Auto Jack & Kryptonite, PSMini LED, Root Pouch, Recipe 420

Hi Shed! :high-five: Thanks!
I didn’t even sift out any remaining root fragments. This pumice/soil mix went into a new soil mix for my tomatoes. Also trying hempy with 100% perlite in a 5 gallon bucket. Haven’t dialed in the nutes/pH on that yet, but I’m going to try out Osmocote Plus on that grow.

They are in the greenhouse, so I could go out in a while and take a couple pics. It’s really coming down right now. :p

Just so we’re clear, neither the hempy, nor the 10 gallon soil mix are home to cannabis.
I’m testing the taste of tomatoes grown with these two methods. Still interested?:surf:

They are in the greenhouse, so I could go out in a while and take a couple pics. It’s really coming down right now. :p
Just so we’re clear, neither the hempy, nor the 10 gallon soil mix are home to cannabis.
I’m testing the taste of tomatoes grown with these two methods. Still interested?:surf:
Yes, but I might be the only one. On another note, I'm going to recommend Osmocote to a guy who's getting one of my clones. Not sure what he should do in come August though. I guess he could run 1-1-1 all through flower.

From what I understand, good results are common with just the O+. If it’s going to be an extended veg/flower (photo-period, right?), more O+ could be dibbled or scratched in ~3 months.

How’s the water?

My tap water is very good for drinking and the pipes, but more challenging with respect to gardening. The pH is typically over 9, but it can fluctuate (daily at times) between 8.5 and 9.5 or so. And the alkalinity is very low, with less than 10 ppm Ca, which provides no buffering. So it might take 8 drops of pH down one day, and only 5 the next. Therefore, no set formula is possible - pH must be tested and adjusted every day.

Oh well, at least I’m lucky to have good, clean water that I can use for hobby growing, whereas much of the world lacks sufficient quality just for drinking.

Okay, this is for Shed (and anyone else who is interested in my non-cannabis hempy grow).

I started two Sungold tomatoes a couple of weeks ago - one in a mix of soil that I typically use, and the other in a 100% perlite hempy bucket (4 gallons of perlite in a 5 gallon bucket).

I’ve had some difficulty dialing in the proper pH/nutrients, and it shows. I had rinsed the perlite to remove dust, and I think it retained too much of my high-pH tap water. So yesterday, I taped the hole, filled up the bucket with at least 2 gallons of water (which got everything floating) with 2ml Dyna-Gro Grow, adjusted to pH 5.8, let it sit for ~5 minutes, and then let it drain. Hopefully, that should take care of that!

Now, back to cannabis!
:ganjamon:

Wow! the hempy bucket even turned your tomato trellis yellow also. I hadn't run into any issues rinsing my perlite with garden hose water, but then perhaps I'm dealing with much smaller amounts. Definitely in for the info and experience you are having with the Tomato Hempy/Soil experiment.

Pssst! :cool:

Is the Man going to shut me down for posting about

tomatoes?! :eek:o_O:eek:

:laugh:

Today was training day for the Soil Sungold. To produce a 2-stem tomato plant, instead of topping like cannabis, you remove all of the suckers (nodal growth tips) except the one immediately below the first flower cluster. That’s the stem on the left in the photo. The main stem is on the right. My plan is to train the two stems in spirals up the outside of the cage, separated by about a foot. When each gets to the top, it gets topped. I’m using cotton strips, in a figure-8.

If you’re still here, thanks for your interest! Back to cannabis on the next post, with an update on Jackie H.
:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom