intermediate grower seeker guidance

medicalmike42

420 Member
Greetings fellow growers,
I have a perpkexing issue that is staring me in the face but for the life of me i cant seem to figure out what is wrong. I have 5 ss haze 3 weeks into veg and i have been battling a yellow speckling on some of the leaves. I ha e check my ph and im running my stardard foxfarm nutes. All the same from previous grows. Any help would be appreciated. Ill post pics as soon as i figure out how to do it. Im new around here.

20150410_171647.jpg
20150410_171623.jpg

You might be best to get an expert to confirm but to me those lights look quite a way too far away from the plants. I use a 300w CFL in veg and I can happily keep the plants around 2-4 inches away from the bulb. At that height your plants are going to stretch and be weak (in my opinion). I hope this advice helps :)

Im trying to induce some stretch for scrog training but any closer and they burn. Its a 400w hps with 2 60watt cfl. Im getting a taller growlab tent to be able to adjust my height a little better. Ive considered trying to find a lower happy happy medium for the height.

Google Search (images)
Spider mite damage on cannabis.

Some of the pics look similar to your photo.

Are you familiar with spider mites. They're small. I don't know too much about them. Hope you can identify problem soon.

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3118.jpg

This is the best source for deficiency. My immediate thought would be pest of some type due to the damage.... The speckling in the inner leaf and what not says that is it something eating not a deficiency... Your lights are fine I think whoever posted the issue with them didn't notice the larger light above. Magnification might be necessary to spot your pest if that's what it is. That's my guess tho, maybe someone will chime in with something else.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I've used quite a few company's like foxfarms, Humboldt county's own (2nd best in my opinion), General hydroponics, maxi-bloom, green rx, cutting edge solutions, and now I'm on techniflora. Also I've grown the same 2 strains for about 2 years.... Maybe more not quite sure. But I did I that so I can comment on nutes. The best results I had by far with base systems was cutting edge solutions, but Thier additives didn't work very well except for the sugaree that I use on every grow now. Foxfarm does have some great additives but Thier base nutes didn't perform well. I think each manufacturer had something though that I'm going to use once I get done with my testing phase ( not really too scientific). She'll probably pull through. Mine did with a similar deal. Never figured out what happened and after she came back I wasn't too concerned.

Right on. Thanks a million neon. Im going to run cutting edge. Ive been debating on them but i like the additives. That im going to use M.O.A.B for my bloom. I do t know if you have heard of it but its amazing. Called mother of all bloom.. Ill keep posting pics but they are pulling through after i changed out the resevoir and triple checked my ph values. Solid 5.5 now. Though im still fuzzy on the purpose and method of measureing ppm for it. Any pointers on the subject?

Back
Top Bottom