Into 6th week of flowering: how much longer should I wait to harvest?

Strutt

New grower: grown from 4 seedling mid June. Into 6th week of flowering, guessing it's a Sativa strain.

DAF5B462-E31D-4395-9F6F-DC6FF0195E7B.jpeg
6A1B0A9C-DE12-4C7A-9AA8-2C7970BC1440.jpeg
4C342359-9CEA-48CC-A4AD-A4870614EB37.jpeg
F5B98A74-596C-41A2-881A-CA550EC24D06.jpeg

Leave em as long as possible then!!
Yeah that's got at least 5 weeks!
I’ve been bringing her inside to avoid heavy rains and cold temps. The weather looks warm the next two weeks. Trichomes are white but pistils aren’t orange yet.

I’ve been bringing her inside to avoid heavy rains and cold temps. The weather looks warm the next two weeks. Trichomes are white but pistils aren’t orange yet.
Do whatever you have to mate because it's got a fair way to go yet!

Do whatever you have to mate because it's got a fair way to go yet!
So how low of a temp is tolerable? Can I throw a tarp over them if it gets below 35 degrees? Does it really need sunlight once vegetative growth stops?

So how low of a temp is tolerable? Can I throw a tarp over them if it gets below 35 degrees? Does it really need sunlight once vegetative growth stops?
Yes it needs sun!!
Anything below about 14c and it will just stop growing and sit dormant!!

So how low of a temp is tolerable?
My experience has been that my outdoor plants will tolerate frost on the leaves and temps down into the upper 20s. Below that was a different story.

Cool days, like when it is in the 40s or lower then the plant does slow down and waits for more sun and warmer temperatures.

Can I throw a tarp over them if it gets below 35 degrees?
A lot of outdoor growers mention doing this on those nights when they expect frost. It works but the tarp should come off the next morning after it starts to warm up, especially a plastic tarp that is laying directly on the plants. You can leave a plastic tarp over the plants if the tarp is on a frame.

Does it really need sunlight once vegetative growth stops?
Yes. Yes, it does. If light was not needed once flowering started then there would be no need for indoor growers to continue to have their lights come on for 12 hours each day for 8 or more weeks. That light shining is what promotes the photosynthesis that helps the plant produce the sugars, hormones and everything else it needs to continue to grow the flowers.

My experience has been that my outdoor plants will tolerate frost on the leaves and temps down into the upper 20s. Below that was a different story.

Cool days, like when it is in the 40s or lower then the plant does slow down and waits for more sun and warmer temperatures.

A lot of outdoor growers mention doing this on those nights when they expect frost. It works but the tarp should come off the next morning after it starts to warm up, especially a plastic tarp that is laying directly on the plants. You can leave a plastic tarp over the plants if the tarp is on a frame.

Yes. Yes, it does. If light was not needed once flowering started then there would be no need for indoor growers to continue to have their lights come on for 12 hours each day for 8 or more weeks. That light shining is what promotes the photosynthesis that helps the plant produce the sugars, hormones and everything else it needs to continue to grow the flowers.
I meant natural light lol

Back
Top Bottom