480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: Irish Boy's - 480W & 720w Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

Sadly a lot of clone sellers seem to get lazy after a while.

Is this rock wool the same stuff used for insulation around vent pipes and chimney chases? Man, I hate that stuff... glass splinters are a bitch!

:peace:

Is this rock wool the same stuff used for insulation around vent pipes and chimney chases?
no.
its made from expanded rock instead of glass.
its not itchy.

anyone know how long it takes Gypsum to put cal into my soil? dose it take a long long time?

I think epsom salt is instant :) would that be an idea?

I was looking forward to seeing this Casey Jones strain!,
sorry to hear about the problems you've had.

:bong:

I think epsom salt is instant :) would that be an idea?

I was looking forward to seeing this Casey Jones strain!,
sorry to hear about the problems you've had.

:bong:

Oh you will see the Casey Jones she is rocking out, just a little Cal def. I it her with some Cal/Mag today. Casey Jones is doing fine though. The Jack Heres are the ones that went threw hell, but their looking allot better now, expect for one of them she is still a little drooped over by allot better, she is almost their.

by the way Epsom salt is for Mag not Cal.

Foliar Sprayer my girls with the Cal/carb, its said to make the leaves stick straight up but i didnt notice any thing different the last few days, girls are happy but did see and more perky leaves then what they were. it says it has allot of Calcium in it, so i sprayed my Casey Jones with it 24 hrs ago since i was getting a Calcium def, in that time frame it didnt seem to treat the Def still happening,Now i went towards the lower dosage of the mix it says 1-2tsp per gallon i went with 1tsp
so i hit them with Cal/mag+ today.

so far the plants getting the XG products and healthy and fine no Def problems as of now, haven't PH'ed my water either. so far so good.

Got Some Organic Tea brewing that the Guys @ Xtreme Gardening hooked up. very simple to use. they come in big tea bags and just drop it into a gallon of water with a air stone and let sit for a day or 3 depending on ur temps. i am told to only give each plant a quart. so 1 gallon will 4 plants. i am going to feed my plants for the 1st time with this tea cant wait to see what it dose.
100_3823.JPG

Do you skim all the foam off and pitch it?

Bone meal is useful for Ca [EDIT: and phosphorous (I forgot)], but I don't know how long it takes it takes to become available to plants either (although I'd suspect not long - at least compared to the TRF that you feed with).

There's always grinding up a Ca "vitamin" tablet and adding it to your water. IDK how that would work though or even have a guess at dosage.

Speaking of TRF, is there any kind of special "releasing agent" that you can flush with that will cause the stuff to exit your soil so that you can get a clean flush?

Do you skim all the foam off and pitch it?

Bone meal is useful for Ca [EDIT: and phosphorous (I forgot)], but I don't know how long it takes it takes to become available to plants either (although I'd suspect not long - at least compared to the TRF that you feed with).

There's always grinding up a Ca "vitamin" tablet and adding it to your water. IDK how that would work though or even have a guess at dosage.

Speaking of TRF, is there any kind of special "releasing agent" that you can flush with that will cause the stuff to exit your soil so that you can get a clean flush?

Not sure how the foam works? never used teas before this is my 1st time.

i think this tea has bone meal in it? IDK Ive been told it has allot of stuff in it and tons of micro life. i am guessing its strong since feeding each plant only a quart.

the girls getting the tea dont have a Ca issue, its the other girls getting the DM TRF's. i hit them with Cal/Mag so i will see what happens?

As far as we know their isn't anything you can add to get rid of the TRF for flushing. the only thing ive heard is lowering the temps to the 60-mid 60's and that will shut them off, witch in the summer time thats not going to work for me when its 110F* lol. but thats all i know about. maybe add a few small PVC pipes with little holes all around put it into ur medium and add the TRF in their and feed that way so when ur done pull it out and the TRF would be out. not sure how effective it would be on feeding though?

Today i am feeding my 300w grow room Jack Herer pants with the organic tea. all plants are looking great. i took some pics right now so in a few days we can compare them after the tea.
I ALSO WANTED TO GIVE A BIG THANKS TO DOG FOR THE TIP ON MAKING A DOME. THANKS BUDDY IT REALLY HELPED MY PLANT COME BACK.

JACK HERER 300W ROOM
100_3828.JPG
100_3830.JPG
100_3826.JPG
100_3825.JPG

Wow, those sad Jacks are back big time, great save :thumb:

I found some Sucanat... you probably said, but's what are you using for a doseage?

It also has riboflavin B2, which is supposed to boost the girls immune systems. I think there a lot of versions of Sucanat: Panela...Chancaca, Raspadura, Piloncillo, Panela, Panocha, Jaggery... but I found suacanat first :grinjoint:

Nutritional Analysis of Sucanat:

approximately one cup

* water.........................................2.7g
* calories......................................570g
* carbohydrate.............................135.g
* fat...............................................0g
* sodium.....................................0.5mg
* potassium..............................1,125mg
* vitamin A.................................1600IU
* thiamin (B1).............................0.21mg
* riboflavin (B2)..........................0.21mg
* niacin.....................................0.20mg
* calcium....................................165mg
* iron..........................................6.5mg
* vitamin B6...............................0.60mg
* magnesium...............................127mg
* zinc.........................................2.3mg
* copper.....................................0.3mg
* pantothenic acid........................1.8mg
* chromium.................................40mcg
* phosphorus................................48mg

Wow, those sad Jacks are back big time, great save :thumb:

I found some Sucanat... you probably said, but's what are you using for a doseage?

It also has riboflavin B2, which is supposed to boost the girls immune systems. I think there a lot of versions of Sucanat: Panela...Chancaca, Raspadura, Piloncillo, Panela, Panocha, Jaggery... but I found suacanat first :grinjoint:

Nutritional Analysis of Sucanat:

approximately one cup

* water.........................................2.7g
* calories......................................570g
* carbohydrate.............................135.g
* fat...............................................0g
* sodium.....................................0.5mg
* potassium..............................1,125mg
* vitamin A.................................1600IU
* thiamin (B1).............................0.21mg
* riboflavin (B2)..........................0.21mg
* niacin.....................................0.20mg
* calcium....................................165mg
* iron..........................................6.5mg
* vitamin B6...............................0.60mg
* magnesium...............................127mg
* zinc.........................................2.3mg
* copper.....................................0.3mg
* pantothenic acid........................1.8mg
* chromium.................................40mcg
* phosphorus................................48mg

use two tbs per gallon, it gives it carbohydrates which the plant has to make to photosynthesize, so it lightens the work load on the plant and all the extra carbs can be used to build bud, and you also get the benefit of the enhanced flavor of the weed.

dO YOU MIND POSTING A PIC OF THE SUCANAT YOU GOT? OR THE BRAND NAME? THE ONE I BOUGHT IS CALLED Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Organic Sucanat BUT IT DOSENT LIST ALL OF THAT ON THE BACK, DOSE URS OUR DID U FIND THAT INFO ON THE WEB? I NOW IT HAS IT IN IT BUT DOSE SAY ON MY PACKAGE.

I LIKE THIS SUCANAT BETTER THEN MOLASSES ITS ALLOT EASIER TO DESOLVE INTO WATER. MIXES REALLY NICE WITH COLD WATER IN A CUP WITH A SPOON. THE ONE I GOT ALSO DOSENT HAVE ANY sodium

HERES WHAT MINE SAYS (NOTE THIS IS PER TSP AND WE SHOULD USE 2TBS)
SucanatNF.JPG

I WILL SAY IF THIS TEA WORKS GOOD I AM GOING TO SWITCH OVER TO USING THAT INSTEAD OF TRF's. ITS JUST AS EASY TO FEED AND ALL ORGANIC. I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR IT. DROP 1 TEA BAG INTO 1 GAL OF WATER WITH AIR STONE AND LET SIT FOR A DAY OR TWO DEPENDING ON THE TEMPS AND FEED 1 QUART TO EACH PLANT. NO PH'ING OR ANYTHING. AND WHEN U WANT TO FLUSH FOR HARVEST JUST DONT FEED THE PLANTS.LOL. I HOPE IT WORKS AS GOOD AS ITS CLAIMED BECAUSE I WILL BY THIS FROM NOW ON. NOT SURE ON WHAT THE PRICE TAG IS GOING TO BE SINCE ITS NOT OUT YET? BUT HEARD ITS GOING TO BE CHEAPER THEN ANY OTHER ALREADY MADE TEA OF THE MARKET. I HEARD SOMETHING LIKE 12 GALLONS WORTH FOR $20. EACH GALLON WILL DO 4 PLANTS THAT YOU ONLY FEED ONCE A WEEK. NOT SURE IF THATS TRUE ON THE PRICE THOUGH IT MIGHT BE CHEAPER?

THE PICS I POSTED ON THE LAST PAGE WILL BE MY BEFORE PICS AND IN A FEW DAYS I WILL POST NEW PICS SO WE CAN SEE IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE?

I've been wondering about honey. I know it has some nice qualities from a human health standpoint, germs/etc. don't seem to grow on it, and it slowly makes H2O2.

Anyone ever try it as a supplement?

I've been wondering about honey. I know it has some nice qualities from a human health standpoint, germs/etc. don't seem to grow on it, and it slowly makes H2O2.

Anyone ever try it as a supplement?

theirs a ton of people on the web that have used it, but theirs a reason why their chose molasses over it, maybe more carbs?

the thing i am wondering is why can we just dissolve some dolomite lime into some water and save a ton of money on cal/mag at the hydro store? ive read that mixing 1/2tsp per gal of hydrated lime will take care of Calcium def. but am trying to find a mix for dolomite lime, not sure what the difference is between the two? i think hydrated lime is more of a powder instead. if any one could find a mix from lime to help cure Cal def we would save allot of people all of money.

Has anyone ever checked the lime used for pickling? I have never used it, not even sure what it is... but you can find it in the grocery store, probably in the charcoal isle, near the canning jars, I think it is in a bag. I will look tomorrow when I go shopping if I remember!!!!

from google: Pickling lime for pickling cucumbers the old-fashioned way for extra crispness and flavor! Makes Cucumber Lime Pickles (recipe on each jar), Green Tomato Pickles, Watermelon Rinds and Citron Pickles. Pickling lime is food grade calcium hydroxide with no additives or preservatives. A quality pickling product from Mrs. Wages. 16 oz. (454g) $3.89

Have no clue if this is what you are looking for!

Molasses has calcium and magnesium, and maybe some other micros, whereas honey would just mainly supply carbs.

Well... It does have some calcium and magnesium. Vitamin B2, B3, B5, B6, B9. Vitamin C. Iron, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, and zinc. Maybe in smaller amounts than molasses. Not really sure. It possibly varies based on what the bees that make it consume?

Hi Irish. I'm no expert, but do you think you might be overloading your plants with to much at this young age. Just a thought.

dO YOU MIND POSTING A PIC OF THE SUCANAT YOU GOT? OR THE BRAND NAME? THE ONE I BOUGHT IS CALLED Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Organic Sucanat BUT IT DOSENT LIST ALL OF THAT ON THE BACK, DOSE URS OUR DID U FIND THAT INFO ON THE WEB? I NOW IT HAS IT IN IT BUT DOSE SAY ON MY PACKAGE.

I LIKE THIS SUCANAT BETTER THEN MOLASSES ITS ALLOT EASIER TO DESOLVE INTO WATER. MIXES REALLY NICE WITH COLD WATER IN A CUP WITH A SPOON. THE ONE I GOT ALSO DOSENT HAVE ANY sodium

HERES WHAT MINE SAYS (NOTE THIS IS PER TSP AND WE SHOULD USE 2TBS)
SucanatNF.JPG

Thanks Irish,

Photo_on_2010-12-12_at_10_29.jpg
Photo_on_2010-12-12_at_10_32.jpg
DSC08435.jpg

I got the nutritional values off the net.

Mrs Horse wants to know if it will sweeten my disposition? :)

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom