IrishThumb: Grow #1, Indoor, Soil, From Seeds

IrishThumb

Hey everyone !!! First journal, second attempt at growing my own Cannabis Medicine.

I really love plants, they help me so much with my mental health its amazing. So I thought since Canada has decided to allow its citizens to grow plants I would try and hit two nails with one swing. Why not grow exactly the medicine I would like and boost me mental health with some beautiful lady's all at the same time. So here goes.

Strain: Red Cherry Berry - Mostly Indica Hybrid
Soil Grow: Soil 60%, Perlite 40% with base NPK of 12-5-9
Nutrients: Grow, Micro, Bloom, Royal Black, Royal Gold - All from Future Harvest
Room: Custom built 2x3x6 grow box, white walls.
Lighting: Start light - LED bulb, Veg+Flower light - 400w MH and HPS
Vent: 6" Fan

I started by using the paper towel method with two plates for germination. Worked vary well as I got 100% germination ( Beginners luck ) and at approximately 36 hrs the all had 1/2 inch or larger tap roots.

Time for first pots. Using a 4" pot to start with, with soil mix mentioned above and a slow release granular start fertilizer. ( I should mention that the above NPK is potting soil NPK, PLUS the granular fertilizer for a total NPK. ) Seed were planted 1/2" down and placed into the pre climatized grow room. ( Temp: 71.6 c RH: 57% ). Soil was pre watered with 1L of distilled water, mixed and then put into pots. I believe my first attempt at growing failed because there was to much moister and trying to climatize on the go. So the soil never dried and they suffocated.

So now we wait patiently for the girls to pop up and open. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm a noob at this.

Welcome IrishThumb. I already see a problem.......sitting next to your grow closet. Pabst Blue Ribbon, need I say more? :D I would expect Sleeman cream ale, or Wildcat, or Labatts genuine draft....good Canadian brew.

You're totally right 1969gtx ! Fortunately its just a storage box lol. I try not to drink to much because of my Mental Health, but when I do you cannot beat Lake of the wood brew CO. Brewed right here in Northwestern Ontario and owned by great Canadians. But good eye bud.

Welcome to your first grow journal IrishThumb and good luck! So far I commend you on your choices of planter sizes, soil and the lessons you have learned about the dangers of too much water. I have a feeling that this is going to be a great garden to watch! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as we go along. :goodluck::love:

Thanks so much for the support Emilya ! I'm much more confident this time with the support of all you wonderful souls.

:peace:

I like your home made box, very solid. Quick question? I don't see a filter or exhaust fan. Will that be installed on a later date?

AzLaker
:cool:

Bad angle AzLaker. Ballast, electrical and exhaust are on the right side of the box. Air comes in near the bottom through bat box vents. As for filters I may install one but I realy don't have a need to hide the smell. As long as its ejected from the home I'm happy.

I'll add more next picture update. Hoping the girls will pop up this evening and let me take their picture.

So for todays update we have some GREEEEEN ! lol I'm super happy. Temp was around 71 so I'd like to get it up a little but not terrible. RH 62-65 so thats good. All around a great day. Thanks @AngryBird for the good luck looks like we both had a good day. And just wanted to say thanks again, everyone has made this a wonderful place to share and learn.

Ahhhh yes, now I see the tubing on the right side your cabinet. Guess I should look a little closer. ;):goodjob:

AzLaker

Added some picks for yea AzLaker of the grow box sides.

You got those herb boxes for indoors?

We used the 36 pod Jiffy greenhouse you can buy. Also bought a bunch of little clay pots last time I was at the flee market for when those are done. He is super excited.

Looks good IrishThumb, babies have popped, let the fun begin.

AzLaker

Thank You !

Back
Top Bottom