meejay

Hello everyone.

This is my first growth attempt in 25 years of smoking weed. I will try to give as much information as possible throughout my journey. Unfortunately, I have found this site during 3rd week of vegetation stage last week. I have just decided to write a journey as well.

What Strain is it?: Cheese Haze
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 50/50
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? V
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? It is in 4th week of Vegetative stage
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? It is a fertile soil brougth from a village. I have added some florist mixture as well.
If Soil... What Size Pot? It is in a 1 liter pot at the moment.
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? Day light
Is it Air Cooled? No
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? between 12 - 22 Celsius degrees as min and max respectively
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 60-80 %
Any Pests? No pests
How Often are you Watering? as the soil gets dry
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? It is an NPK (7.6.7) with Micro Elements (this is what my mom had for her plants at her house)

The seeds are from one of the buds of Cheese Haze. I have directly put the seed into one of my mothers pot where there were a lot of Stingers (below photo). My mom was watering the pots so I have just let My First (this is what I have decided to call my first plant from here lol) grow unattended. This was a mistake since my plant grow tall to get more sun fighting the longer stinger plants. I have got serious and started learning about best growth techniques. This is how I ended up finding this site, too.

photo_2020-03-29_22-45-28.jpg

When I was watching videos of other growers around the world I have realized that My First have grown tall and thin compared to others which were short and thick. I am aware of the fact that plants use its available energy to grow. This made realize that I need to get serious to get the most of my first attempt.

With the help of Cannabis Community and forums, I have made a to do list:
  1. I have to maximize the energy production within the plant:
    • Perfect position for sunlight needs to be provided: I have moved My First into an individual pot. I have started adding NPK fertilizer to ensure enough nutrients are provided. I have placed the plant apart from other plants which would block its sunlight ensuring it gets the maximum amount of direct sunlight along the day.
    • Perfect darkness for the dark period needs to be provided: @stoneotter recommended to provide complete darkness and I have started moving in and out My First into and from a cabinet. As you can see from the below photo there is plenty of light during night time at balcony.
    • photo_2020-03-28_23-01-24.jpg
My first is in 4th week of vegetation stage. I have started watering with an NPK fertilizer last week. It is a 7.6.7 with micro elements combination.

photo_2020-03-29_23-18-04.jpg

As per the recommendations I have started with approximately the 25% of the original recommended amount for the first week. I will make it 50% of the original recommendation for the upcoming week.

As per the photos I am afraid I have no photos for the germination or seedling stages. Below is the photo I took at the third week of vegetation.
3rd week.jpg

Here are some photos of My First I have took today. It is almost 15 cm long at the moment with 1,5 mm thick main stem.

photo_2020-03-29_22-45-48.jpg
photo_2020-03-29_22-45-36.jpg
photo_2020-03-29_22-45-38.jpg

Will keep posting updates every now and then since I have plenty of free time these days.

Cheers,

I have directly put the seed into one of my mothers pot where there were a lot of Stingers (below photo). My mom was watering the pots so I have just let My First (this is what I have decided to call my first plant from here lol) grow unattended.

Just out of curiosity, how old is your mother?

We have beautiful Mediterranean weather here so I keep her sunbathing during day and moving her into the idle bathroom which I have turned into a grow room partially. I have added another lamp into the grow setup. Everything needed for the grow comes from home. Nothing purchased yet. This is more like an experiment at the moment.

photo_2020-04-10_22-51-47.jpg

photo_2020-04-10_22-51-41.jpg

I feel like I need to purchase a Nitrogen rich fertilizer instead of 7.6.7 I have been using. This would definitely grow her bigger.

Meanwhile, I have germinated another seed from the same mother. I will make this one better than the other one hopefully.

photo_2020-04-10_22-51-48.jpg

Cool light MeeJay, she looks great too.

Thanks Stoneotter!
She is growing fine in spite of the lengthy height she has. This unnecessary height causing her to consume energy to make it thicker. I am not so sure but transferring nutrients to the leaves would consume a little bit more energy than usual because of this height also. Anyways, I will fix all these in my next grow.

I was worried about plant growth since it was not as much as an inch a day. After consulting to some of the other members here, I have decided to transplant My First into a larger pot. In fact, I have posted a thread and someone replied lol. (thanks to @Emilya & @CO Finest). I was recommended to provide a gallon of dirt for each month of growth. I have done a little reading regarding the subject. The information given by the literature was inline with the suggestions. Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes recommends 1 to 1.5 gallons of space per month of growth.

She was in a 1 lt pot along her vegetative stage till April 20th and on April 20th I have transplanted her into a 5 lt pot. She is growing very fast till then although it has only been 5 days. I will transplant her again into a larger pot next week.

April 20th picture :
photo_2020-04-25_15-50-00.jpg

April 25th photo:
photo_2020-04-25_15-50-05.jpg

I was looking to clone this plant after I got confirmation from @carcass & @Weaselcracker [:Namaste:] that she is a female. Therefore, I have done some more readings related to the subject. Above literature instructs that older stems are faster to root. I wanted to train the plant so the smallest stems would grow faster which would enable me to clone the plant.

Here is how she looks like after being trained.

IMG_20200425_214845.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't treated the previously germinated seed right and its initial root has gone :rip:

Back
Top Bottom