Is it worth flowering ?

chib

Hello everyone,

I just was wondering if I should bother flowering the smaller plant in my 3x3. The other two are quite a bit taller when they aren't heavily lst'd. Though she is really really bushy. Was just seeing if people would toss it to give more room to the other plants, or just ride it out and see how she does.

I plan on flipping in the next few days here.

20220301_220346.jpg
20220301_220400.jpg
20220301_220420.jpg

Hello everyone,

I just was wondering if I should bother flowering the smaller plant in my 3x3. The other two are quite a bit taller when they aren't heavily lst'd. Though she is really really bushy. Was just seeing if people would toss it to give more room to the other plants, or just ride it out and see how she does.

I plan on flipping in the next few days here.

20220301_220346.jpg
20220301_220400.jpg
20220301_220420.jpg
Good morning @chib Great garden.
Hope you are well my friend.
If she has established a decent root ball I don't see a problem flowering her.
If you put down a screen you could spread everyone out nicely and fill that tent.
They do look a touch hungry and overwatered. :Namaste:
What is in your pots.
Also I noticed there are a lot of leaves missing.
They need those fans for energy.
I wouldn't take anything else.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @chib Great garden.
Hope you are well my friend.
If she has established a decent root ball I don't see a problem flowering her.
If you pot down a screen you could spread everyone out nicely and fill that tent.
They do look a touch hungry and overwatered. :Namaste:
What is in your pots.
Also I noticed there are a lot of leaves missing.
They need those fans for energy.
I wouldn't take anything else.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks for that !
Guess I'll give it a go.

They were in small pots for a very long time without any nutrients, that's why they look like they need a feeding. I up potted them all into 4 gallons a week ago and they have actually bounced back a lot since. About 50% of the fan leaves were turning yellow/purple/orange and were dying off, so I just took them off as they probably wouldn't bounce back.

As for the watering maybe you're right, but I did just do a heavy lst session with them so they look a bit wilty from that :)

Thanks for that !
Guess I'll give it a go.

They were in small pots for a very long time without any nutrients, that's why they look like they need a feeding. I up potted them all into 4 gallons a week ago and they have actually bounced back a lot since. About 50% of the fan leaves were turning yellow/purple/orange and were dying off, so I just took them off as they probably wouldn't bounce back.

As for the watering maybe you're right, but I did just do a heavy lst session with them so they look a bit wilty from that :)
If you pluck yellowing leaves it just makes the problem spread to the others.
If they die and fall off fine otherwise I leave them.
Soil in your pots then?
You have to let it dry right out between watering.
Especially in those big plastic pots.
It'll take a few days.
I'd also be giving nutrients.

Stay safe
Bill

Always have liked the looks of a manifold or SCRoG trained plant. Those methods are a lot of work but the plants look so great. I tend to ride the smaller ones out.

I have done HST with sessions of twisting the stems and bending them over until I hear or feel the center snap. Sometimes the outer layer or bark will crack or split. I do not have the leaves wilting.

Suggestion would be to figure out the wilting and maybe get some more large fan leaves to grow before switching over to flowering. As the plants stop the 'stretch growth' they also stop fan leaf production and we have all we are going to get.. Everything goes to bud growth and the plant sucks all the nutrients it can from the remaining leaves and the soil.

Are you growing in a compost based soil or or one of the soil-less potting mixes that are in the stores?

It's a mix of Gaia Green's living soil and some 4 4 4 and 2 8 4. I skimped out on the worm castings this time around.

I'm a big believer in defoliation as well, I have dealt with PM in the past and I really don't want to ever do that again.

I also took those pictures an hour before the light was off, they usually go to sleep mode around that time. This is this morning.

20220302_101002.jpg

Here is some past grows doing the exact same thing.
20200427_000744.jpg
20200906_095611.jpg
20210516_041216.jpg
20210815_034736.jpg

My question is for you is ideally how much longer would you wish to continue with your plants in vegetative growth before switching to flower? The 3' x 3' space can either be used with 1-3 plants in different configurations. The governing factor is the canopy height combined with distance from the plant height for effective flowering distance from the light source. I am unfamiliar with the LED light components which are in the photographs, what is the actual power draw in watts?

When High Intensity Discharge lights were majorly in use the rule was to allow 2.5' per plant and 4" - 6" between cannabis plants otherwise either the plants branches would overshadow the adjacent plants and diminish bud growth, the plants would be unmanageable to maintain while in flower or bud rot from lack of air circulation ventilation resulted.

I would disconnect the power and use a gentle glass cleaner and clean cloth to clean the surface of the uncovered LED's.

I would securely mount the extension cord in use to a tent pole either using cable ties or rubber insulated cable clamps to avoid an electrical hazard.

Back
Top Bottom