Is Miracle-Gro safe for my plants?

The fungi has a symbiotic relationship with the plants ( root systems )which allows the complete utillization of any ferts used . :smokin:

Just make sure you flush thoroughly when you use chemical nutes. Didn't bother reading most of the thread and I'm sure some one said that, sorry if it is a repeat. ^ see, I agree. Always flush well with chems, but thats why I use organics, much better smoke (generally because people don't flush chems properly and you don't have to flush organics) and much better for you.

how do you flush out the mg?:smokin:

After much delibaration and a large investment in a grow light kit from HTGSupply. (least expensive around) I also used the Maricle Grow Soil. I love the soil but not the time released nutrients. I'm flushing weekly to get rid of the High neutrients. HGTSupply gave me everything I needed to get start growing except the Soil and Seeds. In the kit was the Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, Big Bloom and some Overdrive. I'm in week two and man are they growing! I'm not sure if it's the 400 Watt High Pressure Sodium or the soil. I did add 1/2 strength of the Big Bloom to 3 Gal water. If they keep growing like this I might have done my research right. I don't know the strains of the seeds but the main stalks have red streeks running up the stalks. So I would have to say that I like Fox Farm nutrients and Miracle Grow soil as long as you rinse weekly. Keep on growing!

Thanks Boss! where can I find the plan tone? I'm not familar with that one. Also any idea of what strain would produce the red lines running up the stalks of my plants?

Wallyworld and Home depot :)

The lines are usually from cold temps in the soil. What are the temps?

Like this but up the main stem?
DSCN5464.JPG

Well yes,but mine are only 2" tall. I live in Colorado at around 6500 ft. My temp grow room when lights are off is 60 Deg. and when everything is on it's around 75 to 80 Deg. My humidity though is very low 20 to 25 %

Black i live in co to and have red/purple stems. it could be from the temp but not necessarily some strands have red/purple colors in their genetics naturally it sounds like your on the right track!

Shag Do you find that your plants take longer to grow in our altitude, then in other places because of the cold?
close_up_pic_5.jpg
I've included an updated photo of 1 of my biggest plants. She is on week 4.

it all depends on the conditions, if its to cold that can slow them same for the other extreme yours looks good for 4 weeks to me, but i am new to indoor ive always grown out door and payed little attention to them mostly just watered. there are other things that can slow growth like ph lock over water etc but it dosent look like any of those are a problem. what are you useing for light? how much watts (lumens if your useing Cfls)?
remember if your useing Cfls you want at least 1000 lumen per sq foot more is better as always

yah i agree boss temp is way more common than red in the strand especially in colorado lol

when my plant sprouted it was red stemed for most of the start and than went to green and now they are turning dark purple and the leaves are begining to take it on too!

ive read that some times red stems can be a sign of a def. any one know if this is true?

Shag Do you find that your plants take longer to grow in our altitude, then in other places because of the cold?...

Indica plants have their orgins in Asia and are adept to growing at higher altitudes as well as being more tolerent of the cold. As such, Indica dom. strains are a better choice for growing in this type of enviorment. :peace:

I wasn't aware of that strain, from Asia huh? It does really like the climate here. 6500ft. 70 Day - 60 Night. I'm growing 24/0 under a 400 watt Metal Halide, water drip with full strength Fox Farm nute's twice a day for 10 min a day from a resivior. I added a fish bubbler to add some O2 to the H2O. Since seeds are so hard to find and very expensive here, out of five growing I'm hoping for one male and 4 female's so I'll have some really good seeds, plus I'll get some bud as well. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom