Is my plant ready for harvest or almost ready

Not that I have done that, but what is wrong with smoking a spidermite? We eat meat of a pig, drink milk from a cow, mix up chicken embryos in our cakes... but a spidermite that is smaller than a grain of sand is bad?
Not to mention all the insect parts, bodies, eggs and who knows what other bug stuff that is in our fresh, canned and frozen vegetables.

Boiled veggies can't get hotter than boiling point of water, canned veggies are pressure cooked to about 250 and frozen veggies are steamed for a small time before flash freezing.

And what about all the molds and bacteria that people eat and drink pretty much every day.

And what about all the molds and bacteria that people eat and drink pretty much every day.
And we are built to need some of that in our systems, especially our gut. Without them there are all kinds of digestive issues. That's why after a course of antibiotics it is often recommended to reestablish them with yogurt or some other active cultures.

And we are built to need some of that in our systems, especially our gut. Without them there are all kinds of digestive issues. That's why after a course of antibiotics it is often recommended to reestablish them with yogurt or some other active cultures.
I was thinking along the lines of cheeses. What would Blu Cheese be without the blue mold. How could we have pizza without the bacterias to ferment the milk to make the Mozzarella? And how do we get around the bacteria needed to give the flavor and cure the Pepperoni?

Want a glass of wine to go with the Pizza? The bloom that starts the fermentation process is a mold on the grape. Want beer instead? That is a fermentation process too and needs some little living critters which do get killed off by the alcohol they create. Life is a vicious circle isn't it. ;)

Don't forget pickles and other fermented foods. Plus they're great for long term storage.

But we should problaby point out that we are not encouraging the raising of mites and molds in your grow despite all of the benefits they might impart to other aspects of your life. :rofl:

Want a glass of wine to go with the Pizza? The bloom that starts the fermentation process is a mold on the grape. Want beer instead? That is a fermentation process too and needs some little living critters which do get killed off by the alcohol they create. Life is a vicious circle isn't it. ;)

Commercial wineries and breweries rarely rely on wild yeasts anymore; there's too much inconsistency this way.

Commercial yeasts are isolated in laboratories. They used to assure no surprised. After fermentation, the wine or beer is filtered, removing the yeast.

This has been my Ted talk.

Not that I have done that, but what is wrong with smoking a spidermite? We eat meat of a pig, drink milk from a cow, mix up chicken embryos in our cakes... but a spidermite that is smaller than a grain of sand is bad?
Brother I battled those little fuckers for months, they spin webs like spiders do. And NO I don’t wanna smoke spider mites I had to use neem oil right up until harvest , the weed actually was awesome, white widow. I’ll take my buds free of bugs thank you. One concoction I used actually made all the pistils curl up and die , it was my first and only photo I’ll ever grow. 7 months and another to cure , I’m in auto heaven

4EA04097-C891-4A47-BFD5-B5AA9F4A16F4.jpeg

67B2508C-6E7F-421B-87E7-4FC533790F02.jpeg

Brother I battled those little fuckers for months, they spin webs like spiders do. And NO I don’t wanna smoke spider mites I had to use neem oil right up until harvest , the weed actually was awesome, white widow. I’ll take my buds free of bugs thank you. One concoction I used actually made all the pistils curl up and die , it was my first and only photo I’ll ever grow. 7 months and another to cure , I’m in auto heaven

4EA04097-C891-4A47-BFD5-B5AA9F4A16F4.jpeg

67B2508C-6E7F-421B-87E7-4FC533790F02.jpeg
I hear ya, man.. I had those on my tomatoes last summer and pretty much gave up on them... I unintentionally brought some into my cannabis garden and although not a huge infestation, I was using neem oil also to get rid of them during the first week of flower.. took me 3 weeks but they were gone.. thank god.

Not saying I want them, because I don't want ANY pests.. but if I found a few in my smoke after 4 months of growing, I wouldn't totally toss out my crops. That's just me.

Your trichome production looks great btw. I wish I had that on mine

I don’t wanna smoke spider mites I had to use neem oil right up until harvest , the weed actually was awesome, white widow.
There are those who feel that the use of Neem Oil in flower, even just the first week, will ruin the harvest. Five years ago I was reading up on problems that come up in our grows and came across messages here and other similar groups and web pages recommending using Neem Oil up to the start of the last week. Then over the last few years the recommendations went from being able to use it up to harvest to 2 weeks before harvest and stop...then to only use it for the first two weeks.

The way I am reading your msg you ran an ultimate test of Neem Oil in flower. Your sprayed until the end and nothing drastic happened to the plant. The harvest smoked good and sounds like you had no nasty taste. None of what you smoked made you give up on your harvest after the first few joints or bowls or whatever. Again, that is what I am getting from your msg.

I’ll take my buds free of bugs thank you.
Ya, I know what you mean.:)

Reminds me of a something I do to look for the first start of their web spinning. I use one of those 32 ounce hand held spray bottles and adjust it to the finest spray. Then I spray up in the top of the canopy. The mist will put very small drops on the webs. Even a single strand web on the whole bud area can show up. This gives a heads up a couple of weeks before their feeding puts enough scars on the leaves to be noticeable in healthy plants.

The best liquid is plain water and 2nd best is a water and vinegar. A mix of Neem Oil or of Nuke Em will work but not as well. I feel that the soap found in either mix changes the surface tension enough that fewer drops show up since most of them spread out.

It seems to work and puts me a week or two ahead when a mite problem is starting.

There are those who feel that the use of Neem Oil in flower, even just the first week, will ruin the harvest. Five years ago I was reading up on problems that come up in our grows and came across messages here and other similar groups and web pages recommending using Neem Oil up to the start of the last week. Then over the last few years the recommendations went from being able to use it up to harvest to 2 weeks before harvest and stop...then to only use it for the first two weeks.

The way I am reading your msg you ran an ultimate test of Neem Oil in flower. Your sprayed until the end and nothing drastic happened to the plant. The harvest smoked good and sounds like you had no nasty taste. None of what you smoked made you give up on your harvest after the first few joints or bowls or whatever. Again, that is what I am getting from your msg.

Ya, I know what you mean.:)

Reminds me of a something I do to look for the first start of their web spinning. I use one of those 32 ounce hand held spray bottles and adjust it to the finest spray. Then I spray up in the top of the canopy. The mist will put very small drops on the webs. Even a single strand web on the whole bud area can show up. This gives a heads up a couple of weeks before their feeding puts enough scars on the leaves to be noticeable in healthy plants.

The best liquid is plain water and 2nd best is a water and vinegar. A mix of Neem Oil or of Nuke Em will work but not as well. I feel that the soap found in either mix changes the surface tension enough that fewer drops show up since most of them spread out.

It seems to work and puts me a week or two ahead when a mite problem is starting.
No I mixed my neem with lemon juice and something else I read, it totally took out the spider mites about 2 weeks before harvest. And the spray took out all my pistils, then just immediately turned brown and receded into the bud. It was my first gro ever I didn’t have a clue. After what I went thru to get the measly oz I yielded, I smoked it all, neem didn’t effect the taste at all, which very much surprised me

I hear ya, man.. I had those on my tomatoes last summer and pretty much gave up on them... I unintentionally brought some into my cannabis garden and although not a huge infestation, I was using neem oil also to get rid of them during the first week of flower.. took me 3 weeks but they were gone.. thank god.

Not saying I want them, because I don't want ANY pests.. but if I found a few in my smoke after 4 months of growing, I wouldn't totally toss out my crops. That's just me.

Your trichome production looks great btw. I wish I had that on mine
Yea the frost on this weed is awesome, I’d love to say I’ve found some secret and I’m this great grower but I’d be full of shit. It’s purely the genetics, their kick ass beans, basically water and I use geoflora and these plants grow amazing. It’s a treat to watch them gro. I’ll grow Meph for as long as I’m growing, the weed is next level and the flavors of the weed, very tasty.
I have issues with anxiety, ocd , I’ve had surgeries so I deal w pain. I smoked dispensary pot for 3 years, pot sucked, started growing looking for a good strain that keeps me calm. Mephisto I gro their heavier indica hybrids and ones better than the next, I got lucky I found them for my 3rd gro , I’m on my fourth grow now , my last gro the buds were just covered in frost , they’ve cured for 5 weeks now . Check them out I guarantee you thank me

D8AF33B1-4AB7-470E-925E-C370CB8BC9FA.jpeg

7F2563B0-5848-42B7-9E95-2E12D92E28F4.jpeg

There are those who feel that the use of Neem Oil in flower, even just the first week, will ruin the harvest.
I think the two main thoughts are that neem doesn't have the best taste and that could be a negative if it lingers on the buds, and the second is that trichomes dissolve in oils (at least most oils) so I would think it wouldn't be a great thing to be spraying on trichome loaded buds.

Safer's Soap, on the other hand can be used right up until harvest. That's a true soap and works by dissolving the exoskeleton of the bugs (mites and thrips mostly for us). The downside is it's a contact killer meaning you have to actually spray the bug to have its affect. A bug landing on a freshly sprayed leaf will be mostly unaffected.

Back
Top Bottom