Is my plant ready for harvest or almost ready

Jaygomeyea

420 Member
I'm 6 weeks into flowering but I don't think it's ready yet or not sure what's going on my buds are still growing overnight and I'll have white hairs in the morning I flushed it already was ice water but I think I did it too soon so I gave it more Miracle-Gro feed I was going to let it go another two weeks or so and then flush it again for a week and then submerge the roots and ice water for about 72 hours in complete darkness in cool room..i need advice

20220606_192755.jpg

20220608_081309.jpg

20220608_081408.jpg

20220608_081435.jpg

16548194115396755200041719595818.jpg

No, it's not ready. And stop torturing your plant, FFS.

What do you mean torturing ? I already gave it Miracle-Gro feed for its last feeding.how long should I give it before I should give it a final flush, soon right? and what am I doing wrong oh, is it looking good for its size. It's only about 10 inches tall. I'm not sure what it's deal . I had it on 24 hours from the start inside overnight and with good sunlight during the day when the sun came up and when I didn't have time to do that I kept it outside for the rest of April and it just started budding all by itself I think it has something to do with the plant being fooled thinking it was time to Bud from the difference of the lighting time and the first time it experienced dark periods not being on 24 hours. But I can't make changes I had just let it do its thing but my question is what should I do know that it's 6 weeks into flowering and how long should I give it I'm pretty sure it's an indica it was a random seed I found

You're not all that close. The white pistils will turn dark and then curl in as it starts to get ready. Then you start watching the trichomes on your buds (not the leaves). They will start out clear, then turn milky and then amber.

The THCa will be at its highest and the effect most stimulating during the cloudy stage, and more sedative/couch locky when amber and will move gradually between the three so you harvest based on what effect you're looking for.

Here's a gift: ...................................................................... Please use them wisely.

Miracle-Gro... Too much of the wrong kind (form) of nitrogen, IMHO, but I'll let that go, because some people use it to reasonably good effect.

Flushing... No. Understand what a thing is, what it is used for, and when to use it - before deciding to use it.

Ice water... NO.

Small container, and that only half filled with soil... No.

Guantanamo Bay detention camp plan for preharvest... NO. Ice water is for drinking after mowing the lawn. Three days of darkness during the plant's final three days of potential chance to finish development? I realize that "development" is looking pretty hypothetical in this case, but still.

By the way, exactly what brand and model of light were you using when you "had it on 24 hours from the start?"

Jay,

You've tried some very unconventional methods in combination that many of us wouldn't use. Next round start a journal to describe your grow, chronicle it, and ask any questions you have and I'm sure many growers will be happy to offer suggestions.

Here's a Link to get you started.

And :welcome: to :420:!

But keep updating this thread with pictures and we can help guide you through the harvest. Is this your first grow? You'll probably find your results improve dramatically as you get more experience.

:goodluck:

What do you mean torturing ?

What he means by torturing your plant is using ice water to flush the roots of the plant. And it reads like you are planning on doing this again.

Then more torture when you stopped feeding the plant while it appears to still have 3 to 5 weeks to go before the flowers are ripe enough for harvest. That is starving the plant which will make it near impossible for the flower buds to grow to be as large as they could and to have the quality that is possible.

Then, as @TorturedSoul mentioned earlier the container is rather small plus it is half full with soil, maybe even less than half, which compounds the feeding problem.

When you mention that it seems to keep growing buds overnight it would seem that it is not close to being ready yet.

But I can't make changes I had just let it do its thing but my question is what should I do know that it's 6 weeks into flowering and how long should I give it I'm pretty sure it's an indica it was a random seed I found
My first thought on seeing the photos is that the random seed you found was for a 'autoflower' that somehow started to go back into a vegetative stage. But you said that it started flowering in April when you left it outside when you didn't have time.

As mentioned, the use of ice water is not the normal thing for flushing the soil. Plus, where are the larger fan leaves?

When it's time to harvest instead of cutting it down can I just shake the Dirt Off The Roots and wash them clean and dip it in cold water and leave it in 48-72 hours dark. I wanted to try something different and not cut the stock and hang it I want to dip in an ice cold water to push a little more trichomes and at the same time I want to put blue food coloring in the water to put a cool color to it... I need thoughts

When it's time to harvest instead of cutting it down can I just shake the Dirt Off The Roots and wash them clean and dip it in cold water and leave it in 48-72 hours dark. I wanted to try something different and not cut the stock and hang it I want to dip in an ice cold water to push a little more trichomes and at the same time I want to put blue food coloring in the water to put a cool color to it... I need thoughts

You going to keep on asking until someone agrees with you? This was already covered.

Unless your making hash.
There is no need at ALL to use ice water.
IF you want to wash your bud after you chop.
Thats fine but it does not call of ice water.
Some of the trichome on your bud will fall of if you use ice water.
ICE WATER = BAD in any form for your bud.
I hope you understand noow a little what everyone is trying to tell you.
Happy growing dude :)

He thinks that seeing the plant's root system into ice water will somehow cause his plant to "push trichomes." (And make them instantly reach peak potency, I guess? )

I don't think we're going to be able to fix this one.

Yeah, you're on your own with those ideas. :goodluck:

But definitely post the results as we'd be curious. Likely won't follow any of them ourselves, but sounds like an interesting science experiment.

I read up alot of differant ways ppl did things I even went on YouTube and watched a bunch of different videos nice flushing and putting it in dark for 72 hours this is my first time growing till the end... this is what it looks like..
.. I meant to say 8 weeks flowering... not 6

16551192043272310452268395202621.jpg

16551193514937001334262507810077.jpg

16551194745263438307926059939585.jpg

But..i think i did pretty good..its only 10 inches tall and i probly got a half oz on it.i topped it twice
I'm sorry I do not see "half an oz" in this little lady.... And I had the same ideas as you when I first started growing my friend.... Alot of what you read about shocking the plant into dank nugz is what was referred to me as "bro science" and there really isn't any benefit... This includes stem splitting...ice water baths...fucking food coloring lol <---i have to ask why do this lol.... If you want colored weed grow a pheno... I'd go on a limb and say adding that nasty taste of food coloring to your weed will make it taste like crap.... Not trying to be a d*ck but I refuse to blow smoke for anyone...the methods your using are only hurting you....and each time you do those "techniques" your hurting your own grow and supply.

As the others mentioned, do you have the means to start fresh? Most of us here (myself included) can and will help you get a plant from seed to bud if you allow us to.

But ultimately it's up to you.....love and light....have a dope day growmie :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom