Is my seed dead?

melbarbiee

Hey everyone! I'm doing my first grow ever. I got 5 feminized seeds from dr. seeds, Tangie is the strain I bought. I started one seed by itself as a tester in case I kill it. So I used the paper towel method to germinate. I planted my seed at 48 hours even tho the tap root wasn't fully out. I don't think the seed was dead at the 48 hour mark since it was split and looked like it was about to pop. I had read that it can actually be planted without germinating so I went ahead and planted it at that point in a potting mix composed of perlite, sphagnum peat moss and humus. Its been a couple days and nothing, but the cucumbers ive planted at the same time, some are an inch tall, so I'm starting to worry. Also I had the light on at first but not even a whole day before I realized it needed to be dark until it sprouts. Not sure what I did wrong or if I just need to keep waiting. Also I water it daily. Maybe I drowned it. Also no heating pad. Its about 21 degress and 46 % humidty. Thank you guys!

If it's cool. I sprout mine on top of the fridge. It's a nice gentle warmth.
Those temps are a bit cool. See if you can bring the temp up a bit.
You only want the soil moist not wet.
I would put her somewhere warm for a few days. See if she sprouts.
48 hours isn't very long for a cannabis seed to sprout. I have had them take over a week before.
There is also the possibility that you planted too deeply.
I usually give them 5 days and then I go digging...very gently. Sometimes you get a confused seed that can't figure out which way is up.

Thank you! I will move it now somewhere warmer. I was a bit worried about over watering but my planters have drainholes in the bottom. Its not deep i put it just under the surface. my son did go digging in it lightly but i caught him, most of the damage was done to the cucumbers which still sprouted.

I started the germination wed the 8 and i put it in the soil Friday the 10.

If it's cool. I sprout mine on top of the fridge. It's a nice gentle warmth.
Those temps are a bit cool. See if you can bring the temp up a bit.
You only want the soil moist not wet.
I would put her somewhere warm for a few days. See if she sprouts.
48 hours isn't very long for a cannabis seed to sprout. I have had them take over a week before.
There is also the possibility that you planted too deeply.
I usually give them 5 days and then I go digging...very gently. Sometimes you get a confused seed that can't figure out which way is up.
I moved the thermometer with it and its at 23.6 degrees c after about 5 minutes. It doesn't feel that warm up there. Is that warm enough or should I put it somewhere else?

I moved the thermometer with it and its at 23.6 degrees c after about 5 minutes. It doesn't feel that warm up there. Is that warm enough or should I put it somewhere else?
That temp is fine. It just needs to be above 18.3° to keep them healthy and growing. They will also need air exchange once they come up.

That temp is fine. It just needs to be above 18.3° to keep them healthy and growing. They will also need air exchange once they come up.
Thank you! It was at 24 last I checked. I do have a fan and a humidity thermometer in there with them I just didn’t get a chance to do the foil yet.

Thank you! It was at 24 last I checked. I do have a fan and a humidity thermometer in there with them I just didn’t get a chance to do the foil yet.
White walls work fine. Foil needs to be really flat and wrinkle free otherwise you can get hot spots.

1- don't watered every day. This will kill root. You can give water every 3 or 4 day
2- don't put seed deep
3 - give light minimum 13 hrs
After 2 to 3 days it's must grow
And the soil must have little nutrients
Putting soil is good

1- don't watered every day. This will kill root. You can give water every 3 or 4 day
2- don't put seed deep
3 - give light minimum 13 hrs
After 2 to 3 days it's must grow
And the soil must have little nutrients
Putting soil is good
Thank you! I stopped watering it since I was scared of that. Do you mean light once it’s sprouted? I just went digging and I’ll post a pic of what I think is the seed. It doesn’t look any different than when I planted it three days ago. This is day five. It has germinated two days and in dirt three days. I’m scared to plant more seeds since I’ve already screwed it up.

Thank you! I stopped watering it since I was scared of that. Do you mean light once it’s sprouted? I just went digging and I’ll post a pic of what I think is the seed. It doesn’t look any different than when I planted it three days ago. This is day five. It has germinated two days and in dirt three days. I’m scared to plant more seeds since I’ve already screwed it up.

Attachments

• 68BEF8CA-BA85-4328-8996-65FAD75C82AD.jpeg
    68BEF8CA-BA85-4328-8996-65FAD75C82AD.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 37
I'd try another it's all bout practice member seed doesn't need to be watered but kept warm and moist lol until leaves are up n out of soil don't worry bout lights if open door etc, try get nice soft soil and keep warm

Do not put it in the soil now. Try to put it in a wet tissue inside your plastic bag and put it in the dark and warm. In a day or two, a root will appear. Wait for the update
See the video if you not know how germinated seed
Thank you, I do know how to germinate them (or at least I thought I did) but after having it in paper for over 48 hours I decided to just plant it. I put it back in the soil right after the pic. I didn’t know what to do with it but I made sure it wasn’t deep.

I'd try another it's all bout practice member seed doesn't need to be watered but kept warm and moist lol until leaves are up n out of soil don't worry bout lights if open door etc, try get nice soft soil and keep warm
My soil is a potting mix of perlite, sphagnum pear moss and humus. It seemed good but went weird looking (chunky kind of) when I watered it. Is it possible I drowned it if it’s still a seed?

My soil is a potting mix of perlite, sphagnum pear moss and humus. It seemed good but went weird looking (chunky kind of) when I watered it. Is it possible I drowned it if it’s still a seed?

Not so much drowned but with being really wet and cold it may have rotted I've had seeds in paper towel for two three four days and only just little tail sticking out then had one in over night and was stupid long if in doubt throw it out lol try just potting and perlite mix at least just for first pot if it likes what it's in keep same

Back
Top Bottom